Value of: Alex Turcotte

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
MTL is going after all the 2019 players (next it's Zegras)

What would be the cost of getting Turcotte in MTL

MTL have a bunch of LHD that LA could use , Matheson could be a great fit with Doughty

What would be the cost ?

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

MTL have a bunch of LHD that LA could use , Matheson could be a great fit with Doughty

What would be the cost ?
I'd do MTL 1st + WiFi

No? Ok, come back next year when he needs waivers.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

What would be the cost ?
Let's start with an apology to Jets fans for lowballing PLD all last season on the part of many Habs fans and a promise not to do it with Turcotte this year.

In exchange for consideration to listen for offers next season

Reactions: EquivalentStay

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
At this price, we ain't getting Turcotte, we're getting either PLD or Danault

Its not even clear to me why Montreal would want Turcotte, apart from collecting all the 2019 first rounders. Injuries play a role, but he hasn't really shown enough post-2019 to justify an NHL spot even on a team as bad as Montreal and the they don't need him in the AHL either.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Future considerations or in another deal as a throw-in.

Late round draft picks probably have equal or better chances to be an NHLer at this point, but they will be 5+ years younger.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Future considerations or in another deal as a throw-in.

Late round draft picks probably have equal or better chances to be an NHLer at this point, but they will be 5+ years younger.

No matter how much of a used-car-sale "we don't your trash but we'll take him off your hands for a 5th rounder" typical HF thread this turns into, the boldfaced is the key point.

The kings are contending, there's very little useful they could acquire in a trade that would be worth more to them than Turcotte, who is at absolute worst a useful depth forward and one with possible high upside. Trading for a draft pick/young prospect and resetting the development clock does next to nothing for them for the next 1-3 years.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
No matter how much of a used-car-sale "we don't your trash but we'll take him off your hands for a 5th rounder" typical HF thread this turns into, the boldfaced is the key point.

The kings are contending, there's very little useful they could acquire in a trade that would be worth more to them than Turcotte, who is at absolute worst a useful depth forward and one with possible high upside. Trading for a draft pick/young prospect and resetting the development clock does next to nothing for them for the next 1-3 years.
He probably won’t make the NHL at this point, so it doesn’t matter. I agree the Kings should probably keep him for the slim chance he turns it around, but no other team is going to give anything for him. Literally all he has going for him now is draft pedigree, and that was 5 years ago.

Reactions: MiddleEarth

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
He probably won’t make the NHL at this point, so it doesn’t matter. I agree the Kings should probably keep him for the slim chance he turns it around, but no other team is going to give anything for him. Literally all he has going for him now is draft pedigree, and that was 5 years ago.

Not sure what "make the NHL" means but he is with the A-Teamers in Australia.
He is waiver exempt and will be called up quick if the the Kings have some injuries at forward.

I can really empathize with the Jets fans and have now seen what Hab fans do.

They have little too look at internally so they look outward and try to put players in the buy cheap project bin, when they have yet to be put there in reality.

Put that in your poutine and smoke it!

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Not sure what "make the NHL" means but he is with the A-Teamers in Australia.
He is waiver exempt and will be called up quick if the the Kings have some injuries at forward.

I can really empathize with the Jets fans and have now seen what Hab fans do.

They have little too look at internally so they look outward and try to put players in the buy cheap project bin, when they have yet to be put there in reality.

Put that in your poutine and smoke it!
You must be trolling. There’s nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. He’s had several concussions and other major injuries and has barely managed 0.5p/gp in the AHL. Hes shown absolutely nothing during his stints in the NHL. He’s on the small side and is made of glass with an alarming injury history. We don’t want him, and certainly wouldn’t give up assets for him. Every team in the league has numerous prospects better than he is at this point, including the Kings. I know you’re really just upset he hasn’t panned out due to injuries. That’s unfortunate, but it doesn’t have anything to do with Habs fans.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Then why do other teams keep asking for him? We aren’t interested in moving him. We know he isn’t worth much. I’d rather see if he can salvage a career.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
You must be trolling. There’s nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. He’s had several concussions and other major injuries and has barely managed 0.5p/gp in the AHL. Hes shown absolutely nothing during his stints in the NHL. He’s on the small side and is made of glass with an alarming injury history. We don’t want him, and certainly wouldn’t give up assets for him. Every team in the league has numerous prospects better than he is at this point, including the Kings. I know you’re really just upset he hasn’t panned out due to injuries. That’s unfortunate, but it doesn’t have anything to do with Habs fans.
Even if he makes the team he likely is an injury plug/press box guy. He’ll likely be in the AHL behind Tynan. I’ve lost most hope that he’ll be a contributor in LA. He likely needs a spot elsewhere.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

I don't troll but I see you under a bridge.

We will make such determinations when he is no longer waiver exempt and decide if we expend him at or closer to that time.

He may be an add on on anything Blake tries to get before the deadline.

Moving him now would be useless as most of Kings board has been telling you.

Reactions: EquivalentStay

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Don't worry dude, we see your thinly veiled shots, so here's your validation. We just don't give a shit because we aren't trying to move him because, as you agreed, he's worth more to us than in a trade.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Don't worry dude, we see your thinly veiled shots, so here's your validation. We just don't give a shit because we aren't trying to move him because, as you agreed, he's worth more to us than in a trade.
Ok I’m gonna have to call you on your BS here;

what shots?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Then why do other teams keep asking for him? We aren’t interested in moving him. We know he isn’t worth much. I’d rather see if he can salvage a career.

We don't know if other teams are looking at him. This is fans making a trade speculation post for a disappointing former Top 5 pick.. People like to discuss disappointments and speculate what may happen. I don't really see it as out of the norm. The same thing was done for Yakupov, Murray, Galchenyuk, Dach, Dal Colle.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
At this price, we ain't getting Turcotte, we're getting either PLD or Danault
Please take both

And yet you come in here and offer a trade proposal for this guy.... weird

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
MTL missed on both of those already.

:laugh:
FSL won the internet today

6ca.gif

what shots?
you buying?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
While he may never be a Top 6 player, he’s certainly going to be an NHL player. Worse case, he spends the next two years concentrating on being a productive bottom six player, and he’ll play 5-10 years in the league.

He’s as well trained in a hockey sense, than any prospect in recent memory. So that part of the game is in his DNA as a player. It’s also likely why he doesn’t get “any better” from a Top 6 skill standpoint, compared to other players who now have the same type of training he had growing up.

But he will be an NHL player unless injuries take a toll on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad