Value of: Alex Tuch to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I’m just trying to find out the reasoning?

Montreal waits forever to find a true top end potential prospect, and they trade him away?

Tuch is a great hockey player, established, but I don’t think this makes any sense for either team.

I feel another team could offer something more what buffalo is looking for.

Buffalo defensive is set already

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

If Alex Tuch is traded -- which is highly unlikely but not impossible -- he will not be the best current NHL player in the deal. The best current NHL player will be coming to Buffalo and Alex Tuch would be part of the deal going back.
That's the issue with HF. Every fan wants to upgrade their team by dealing packages, no one wants to give a good player for such a package.

No wonder discussions flounder so often.
-----
This deal just doesn't make sense, regardless. Buffalo wants to exit their rebuild and compete, so they won'tmove a contributing young skater for more youth, Montreal is trying to improve but won't give up unproven high-end talent before giving them a chance.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That's the issue with HF. Every fan wants to upgrade their team by dealing packages, no one wants to give a good player for such a package.

No wonder discussions flounder so often.
-----
This deal just doesn't make sense, regardless. Buffalo wants to exit their rebuild and compete, so they won'tmove a contributing young skater for more youth, Montreal is trying to improve but won't give up unproven high-end talent before giving them a chance.
Stop making so much sense.

We're going to trade Hutson brfore he even hatches because? He has a high potential to be worth a pile of Tuchs in a few years...yet lets trade him now.

No GM in his right mind makes a trade like this that has so much potential upside unless his name is BargainBin. (See Sergachev.)

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
To Montreal:

Alex Tuch
Connor Clifton

To Buffalo

Josh Anderson
Lane Hutson
Jordan Harris

Tuch would be the perfect fit for Montreal IMO. He certainly not on the block, but is the value there? Do we have what it takes to move him out of Buffalo?

What do you think Sabres fans?
Horrendous.

Buffalo does not need LD
Anderson us a cap dump
Clifton is their only RHD under contract.

Who are Montreal lo s 3 best players? What are their top 3 prosprcys.

It will cost you one of each for buffalo to trade Tuch

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
To Montreal:

Alex Tuch
Connor Clifton

To Buffalo

Josh Anderson
Lane Hutson
Jordan Harris

Tuch would be the perfect fit for Montreal IMO. He certainly not on the block, but is the value there? Do we have what it takes to move him out of Buffalo?

What do you think Sabres fans?
Be aware. Tuch wears Sabres pyjamas.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Horrendous.

Buffalo does not need LD
Anderson us a cap dump
Clifton is their only RHD under contract.

Who are Montreal lo s 3 best players? What are their top 3 prosprcys.

It will cost you one of each for buffalo to trade Tuch
completely ridiculous...tuch is already 28 and had an outlier season at 32 goals.
He hasn't scored more than 22 in any other year.
Anderson who everyone seems to hate, has 2, 20 goal years and get this, has the exact same number of career goals (131) as Tuch.

top 3 prospects? lmao.
I actually like Tuch, but if Hutson has a rookie breakout year, no one with an actual brain in their head would trade a young dman for a winger.

you can dislike the proposal,
Let's stop pretending harris and anderson are simply throw ins.

Last edited:

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Lol nobody wants anderson it doesn't matter how u dress it up its one of the top 5 worst contract since day 1

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I mean you are right that Anderson isn't a throw in. 20 pts in a full season at his cap hit. Is a major cap dump, not a throw in.
he had a shit year. If he bounces back with another 25 goal year, he'll be suddenly good again - especially if habs trade, many of you will magically find his value again.

Regardless, it's too much of a risk to trade Hutson for a winger that doesn't fit into the habs timeline. Clifton also has no place on the habs (he might have value elsewhere)
And at 23, Harris has value as well.

This OP's proposal has 0 thought to it and this has become a pissing contest

Reactions: viceroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad