Value of: Alex Tuch to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
To Montreal:

Alex Tuch
Connor Clifton

To Buffalo

Josh Anderson
Lane Hutson
Jordan Harris

Tuch would be the perfect fit for Montreal IMO. He certainly not on the block, but is the value there? Do we have what it takes to move him out of Buffalo?

What do you think Sabres fans?
I'm all for getting rid of Anderson, but not at the expense of Hutson.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
he had a shit year. If he bounces back with another 25 goal year, he'll be suddenly good again - especially if habs trade, many of you will magically find his value again.

Regardless, it's too much of a risk to trade Hutson for a winger that doesn't fit into the habs timeline. Clifton also has no place on the habs (he might have value elsewhere)
And at 23, Harris has value as well.

This OP's proposal has 0 thought to it and this has become a pissing contest
He has had one 25 goal season years ago and one 40 pt season in his career. Bounces back???? Serious delusion here

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
To Montreal:

Alex Tuch
Connor Clifton

To Buffalo

Josh Anderson
Lane Hutson
Jordan Harris

Tuch would be the perfect fit for Montreal IMO. He certainly not on the block, but is the value there? Do we have what it takes to move him out of Buffalo?

What do you think Sabres fans?
Wtf and your a Habs fan wow

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
he had a shit year. If he bounces back with another 25 goal year, he'll be suddenly good again - especially if habs trade, many of you will magically find his value again.

Regardless, it's too much of a risk to trade Hutson for a winger that doesn't fit into the habs timeline. Clifton also has no place on the habs (he might have value elsewhere)

Josh Anderson was a 25 goal scorer once, 6 years ago.

Chris Tierney had nearly 50 points that year. I hear if he has a bounceback he'll be worth the moon too

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Didn’t you know that he’s from Syracuse?? That means he would never ever play for another team even if you held a gun to his head .

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Didn’t you know that he’s from Syracuse?? That means he would never ever play for another team even if you held a gun to his head .
It doesn't mean anything to Tuch ..but it does mean something to the Sabres organization. Get it right.

Sabres might do it for Kakko .. but everyone knows he's untouchable

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
completely ridiculous...tuch is already 28 and had an outlier season at 32 goals.
He hasn't scored more than 22 in any other year.
Anderson who everyone seems to hate, has 2, 20 goal years and get this, has the exact same number of career goals (131) as Tuch.

top 3 prospects? lmao.
I actually like Tuch, but if Hutson has a rookie breakout year, no one with an actual brain in their head would trade a young dman for a winger.

you can dislike the proposal,
Let's stop pretending harris and anderson are simply throw ins.
:loony:

anderson is 2 years older than tuch
anderson has played nearly a full season more to score his 131 goals
anderson has recorded only half the assists tuch has
anderson has the higer cap hit

anderson is a cap dump

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
That's the issue with HF. Every fan wants to upgrade their team by dealing packages, no one wants to give a good player for such a package.

No wonder discussions flounder so often.
-----
This deal just doesn't make sense, regardless. Buffalo wants to exit their rebuild and compete, so they won'tmove a contributing young skater for more youth, Montreal is trying to improve but won't give up unproven high-end talent before giving them a chance.
Florida got Reinhart from us for a package.

Vegas got Eichel from us for a package.

Philly got Risto from us for a package.

OReilly...Miller...Vanek...Pominville...Gaustad.

If there's ONE franchise of fans not to make this criticism at...it's the one that's fed everyone else the last decade.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
He has had one 25 goal season years ago and one 40 pt season in his career. Bounces back???? Serious delusion here
27. And the last couple of years he was on pace for 25 but was injured. He finished with 19 and 21 goals - prior to last year's disaster.
He's not a playmaker. I get it, you hate the player.
try sticking to the facts though.

Lend me your time machine, since you know what the future holds for the player.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Horrendous.

Buffalo does not need LD
Anderson us a cap dump
Clifton is their only RHD under contract.

Who are Montreal lo s 3 best players? What are their top 3 prosprcys.

It will cost you one of each for buffalo to trade Tuch
Suzuki + Slafkovsky+ Reinbacher for Tuch? :huh:

Reactions: HuGo Sham

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
27. And the last couple of years he was on pace for 25 but was injured. He finished with 19 and 21 goals - prior to last year's disaster.
He's not a playmaker. I get it, you hate the player.
try sticking to the facts though.

Lend me your time machine, since you know what the future holds for the player.
The guy had more than 40 points just one time in his career and is two years older. You’re the one who is going to need the time machine so that you can go back in time to a year where Josh Anderson was actually good. You may have forgotten that Alex Tuch had 5 more points in 8 fewer games than Josh Anderson. Andrew Shaw had the same amount of points as Anderson in 19 fewer games. Does Andrew Shaw all of a sudden have value because he might bounce back? Anderson has negative value. It’s like you are trying to sell a rusted out 30 year old station wagon that needs an engine replacement. Even at its peak it was just pretty solid, and now it just sucks.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
The guy had more than 40 points just one time in his career and is two years older. You’re the one who is going to need the time machine so that you can go back in time to a year where Josh Anderson was actually good. You may have forgotten that Alex Tuch had 5 more points in 8 fewer games than Josh Anderson. Andrew Shaw had the same amount of points as Anderson in 19 fewer games. Does Andrew Shaw all of a sudden have value because he might bounce back? Anderson has negative value. It’s like you are trying to sell a rusted out 30 year old station wagon that needs an engine replacement. Even at its peak it was just pretty solid, and now it just sucks.
Tuch is being treated like he’s some kind of incredible player in this thread. I get he’s good, but he’s a 2nd line winger. Some of you keep focusing on points. Anderson isn’t a playmaker. He scores and hits. And for context, has the same number of career goals as Tuch. I was just reminding people, aside from last year, he hasn’t been that bad. Many players don’t live up to their contracts. If he bounces back at his usual 20 goal pace, he’s a valuable player with size. And No he hasn’t lived up to his contract. He wasn’t the centrepiece of this awful deal anyway; it was Hutson

Reactions: viceroy

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Tuch is being treated like he’s some kind of incredible player in this thread. I get he’s good, but he’s a 2nd line winger. Some of you keep focusing on points. Anderson isn’t a playmaker. He scores and hits. And for context, has the same number of career goals as Tuch. I was just reminding people, aside from last year, he hasn’t been that bad. Many players don’t live up to their contracts. If he bounces back at his usual 20 goal pace, he’s a valuable player with size. And No he hasn’t lived up to his contract. He wasn’t the centrepiece of this awful deal anyway; it was Hutson
Fair enough that Anderson brings more than just points, but he still has negative value. His chances of bouncing back as a 30 year old physical forward aren’t high enough. Hutson has more value to the Habs than Tuch, and Tuch has more value to the Sabres than Hutson.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Suzuki + Slafkovsky+ Reinbacher for Tuch? :huh:
needs more Barron! Come on Habs fans don't disappoint me! He's every team's missing piece but yours! Now gimme a Evans is the ideal bottom 6 center for every other team!

In terms of beauty this was the anti-Griffey swing here...

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
needs more Barron! Come on Habs fans don't disappoint me! He's every team's missing piece but yours! Now gimme a Evans is the ideal bottom 6 center for every other team!

I always admire the swag of Sabres fans. keep it up.
Oh and send your complaints to the OP

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Horrendous.

Buffalo does not need LD
Anderson us a cap dump
Clifton is their only RHD under contract.

Who are Montreal lo s 3 best players? What are their top 3 prosprcys.

It will cost you one of each for buffalo to trade Tuch
That might be what Sabres would ask for. They aren't getting it form Montreal though.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020

Ok ok ok since YOU insist, ALL sabres fan will agree to Evans and Barron for Tuch, you can fax the paper

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

Josh Anderson has sucked for two years and Montreal can’t trade him. Josh Harris has zero value

Reactions: Bluenotes27

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

You can have Harris and you'll like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad