Alex Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Are there really people suggesting to not bring this kid back next year????

They’re saying there’s no room for him, not knowing at all how he may or may not change his game and approach.

The blueprint to be successful under this coach has been clearly laid out. You basically need to assume Nylander is a moron or completely apathetic to think he will ignore the fact that hard work will be rewarded.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Kurashev
Kane
DeBrincat
Kubalik
Suter
Shaw
Janmark
Strome(if he isn't playing center)

...are all wingers I'd rather have in the top 9 ahead of Nylander. Nothing against Nylander. Just goes to show how deep we've become. Now obviously you can't count on every single one of them to be available(for instance we don't know if Janmark will be re-signed)....but still, there's enough there to suggest that its gonna be VERY difficult for Nylander to not only crack the lineup but more importantly earn a permanent role. I like the competition we've got going on.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Next season if Toews returns:

Cat Toews Kane
Kubalik Strome Dach
Janmark Kurashev Nylander/Suter
Hagel Kampf Shaw/Carpenter

It'd be a tight fit with a decent player or two having to sit out when the team's fully healthy. But if you're looking to breed competitiveness in your forward group, then you let them fight for a spot night in and night out.

It's what competitive teams do. It's what the Hawks did a lot during the cup years. Speaking of things the Hawks did in the cup era, why the hell do people hate the thought of Shaw at 4RW? Did you all magically forget where he played the last time we won a cup??? Hagel-Kampf-Shaw is one sexy ass 4th line and I will not accept any of you taking away my dream of them playing together long term.

Reactions: Pez68

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Kurashev
Kane
DeBrincat
Kubalik
Suter
Shaw
Janmark
Strome(if he isn't playing center)

...are all wingers I'd rather have in the top 9 ahead of Nylander. Nothing against Nylander. Just goes to show how deep we've become. Now obviously you can't count on every single one of them to be available(for instance we don't know if Janmark will be re-signed)....but still, there's enough there to suggest that its gonna be VERY difficult for Nylander to not only crack the lineup but more importantly earn a permanent role. I like the competition we've got going on.
Like you said, it’s about the competition. You 100% bring Nylander back to compete for a spot. I just don’t see a scenario where you prematurely cut bait with him before seeing whether he learned something from watching the way Kurashev and Hagel are getting rewarded.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Next season if Toews returns:

Cat Toews Kane
Kubalik Strome Dach
Janmark Kurashev Nylander/Suter
Hagel Kampf Shaw/Carpenter

It'd be a tight fit with a decent player or two having to sit out when the team's fully healthy. But if you're looking to breed competitiveness in your forward group, then you let them fight for a spot night in and night out.

It's what competitive teams do. It's what the Hawks did a lot during the cup years. Speaking of things the Hawks did in the cup era, why the hell do people hate the thought of Shaw at 4RW? Did you all magically forget where he played the last time we won a cup??? Hagel-Kampf-Shaw is one sexy ass 4th line and I will not accept any of you taking away my dream of them playing together long term.

Love this lineup, it’s basically my NHL 21 wet dream.

That 4th line is going to drive teams f***ing nuts, I mean Kampf alone already has been this season with lesser line mates.

Love the idea of a fully offensive top six with Toews in a primarily offensive role too. DeBrincat’s continued emergence as an aggressive all-around player makes that first line seem way less of a liability than it may have been previously.

I’d put Dach at C and whiny Strome on the wing.

But on paper, that looks like a playoff forward group.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Love this lineup, it’s basically my NHL 21 wet dream.

That 4th line is going to drive teams f***ing nuts, I mean Kampf alone already has been this season with lesser line mates.

Love the idea of a fully offensive top six with Toews in a primarily offensive role too. DeBrincat’s continued emergence as an aggressive all-around player makes that first line seem way less of a liability than it may have been previously.

Id but Dach at C and whiny Strome on the wing.
Figured I'd ease Dach in at wing seeing as how his wrist injury probably hasn't had a positive effect on his faceoff acumen (though it's hard to be any worse at the dot).

I really like the idea of getting Toews back and putting him in an easy offensive role. We have a roster that has shown it can handle the tougher minutes. Knowing that Toews is dealing with something physically, giving him easier assignments makes a lot of sense and we have a group that doesn't need him getting tough minutes anymore.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Figured I'd ease Dach in at wing seeing as how his wrist injury probably hasn't had a positive effect on his faceoff acumen (though it's hard to be any worse at the dot).

I really like the idea of getting Toews back and putting him in an easy offensive role. We have a roster that has shown it can handle the tougher minutes. Knowing that Toews is dealing with something physically, giving him easier assignments makes a lot of sense and we have a group that doesn't need him getting tough minutes anymore.

I’m with you 100% on that. We don’t know what he’s dealing with, but we at least know it’s significant.

If we’re lucky enough to see him come back, I don’t really want him going back to the strictly matchup style Toews. He seemed to enjoy racking up points with Kane two seasons ago, so I’d use him more like that going forward.

As you said, this team is starting to show it has the depth to survive without necessarily needing a top line center to pull off a matchup/shutdown role. If Dach eventually turns into that, then awesome. But going forward, I don’t think that should be Toews’ role anymore.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Nothing good about the injury, but Nylander should be getting a helluva education, especially from his peers. Hopefully, he takes the lessons to heart.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Nothing good about the injury, but Nylander should be getting a helluva education, especially from his peers. Hopefully, he takes the lessons to heart.

lets hope so, if watching the club play like they are does not motivate him nothing will...

a meniscus tear is pretty basic stuff these days from an orthopaedic surgery perspective and recovery should be no problem at such a young age.

Unfortunately an old timer like me...well my orthopaedic surgeon will not even entertain a surgical repair of my meniscus tears in either knee as they are both riddled with Osteoarthritis to boot...

It will be interesting to see if AN comes into camp as a driven guy, if he does he can be a VERY important part of the club moving forward.

He is just shy of two months post surgery now...

Anyone know if he is in Chicago or Sweden?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Here is a photo I found on day 21 post surgery... in the background you can see TCO stadium sign which google says is the Minnesota Vikings training facility, perhaps he had surgery at the mayo clinic in minny?

Last edited:

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
lets hope so, if watching the club play like they are does not motivate him nothing will...

a meniscus tear is pretty basic stuff these days from an orthopaedic surgery perspective and recovery should be no problem at such a young age.

Unfortunately an old timer like me...well my orthopaedic surgeon will not even entertain a surgical repair of my meniscus tears in either knee as they are both riddled with Osteoarthritis to boot...

It will be interesting to see if AN comes into camp as a driven guy, if he does he can be a VERY important part of the club moving forward.

He is just shy of two months post surgery now...

Anyone know if he is in Chicago or Sweden?

Looks like Goodman's house of horrors, lol.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Just doesn't have the competitive drive....he'll never amount to much in the NHL.....there's talent, no doubt......would be a great expansion team pick-up just in case (hint, hint)

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Another hot take; two years from now, Nylander plays in the SHL. or in the KHL

Ya, you really hate him though. I didn’t like the trade that brought him here, but I don’t hate him.

I think it would take him having a special kind of attitude to not realize the opportunity he has should he add a hard working element to his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad