Alex Nylander

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yep, the above pretty much sums it up.
And anyone who thinks Nylander can play bottom-6 in this league, he can't. He will never be good enough without the puck - No, I'm afraid it's top's top-6 or bust for him.
There's numerous plays he made and all game effort when with 4th line roles already.

This one's not much on him but involved with 4th liners.

Then his goals where there a few good forechecking leading to goals and picking off passes when he was with the likes of Kampf, Carpenter, and Highmore. On a line with w guys like that he absolutely could thrive. Next year like Hagel, Kampf, Nylander could be something that works.

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Pius Suter has more skill than Nylander. Not even debatable.

What comes to Hagel, way better what he does compared to Nylander what ever he does.
Same goes to Janmark, who haves the scoring to boot as well., regular basis.

Kurashev already 4 goals and 6 points (11 games) with limited/on and off top 6 role.

When everyone is healthy again, there just is no room for Alexander Nylander from Hawks line up.
Name the 12 forwards that keep Nylander out of the lineup

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Next year when Nylander is possibly ready to return maybe roll something like...

Debrincat-Toews-Kane
Strome-Dach-Kubalik
Shaw-Kurashev-Suter
Hagel-Kampf-Carpenter

If those were more or less your lines, who are you taking out for Nylander?

I'm also assuming Reichel needs one more year of development, but I think he is playing in a mens league so it's possible he challenges for a spot with a good camp.

I'd also really like to see them bring Janmark back too and that's another guy I'd slot into that lineup before Nylander.

Next year will say a lot about Nylander and probably be his last shot to prove he has what it takes to stick in the NHL and if he's willing to fight hard enough to earn a spot. I have my doubts he pulls it off, personally.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Next year when Nylander is possibly ready to return maybe roll something like...

Debrincat-Toews-Kane
Strome-Dach-Kubalik
Shaw-Kurashev-Suter
Hagel-Kampf-Carpenter

I'm also assuming Reichel needs one more tear of development, but I think he is playing in a mens league so it's possible he challenges for a spot with a good camp.

I'd also really like to see them bring Janmark back too and that's another guy I'd slot into that lineup before Nylander.

Next year will say a lot about Nylander and probably be his last shot to prove he has what it takes to stick in the NHL and if he's willing to fight hard enough to earn a spot. I have my doubts he pulls it off, personally.

Agreed. I don’t think Nylander is going to play well enough to command a spot on the lineup. Maybe a different way of looking at it, @RememberTheRoar , but who do you think Nylander is going to replace from this season’s lineup?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Dach, DeBrincat, Hagel, Janmark, Kane, Kubalik, Kurashev, Shaw, Kämpf, Strome, Suter, Toews

Suter-Dach-DeBrincat
Janmark-Toews-Kane
Kubalik-Strome-Kurashev
Hagel-Kämpf-Shaw

or

Strome-Dach-DeBrincat
Janmark-Toews-Kane
Kubalik-Suter-Kurashev
Hagel-Kämpf-Shaw

1st pp : (4 forwrads) Dach, DeBrincat, Shaw, Kane
2nd pp : Kubalik,Strome,Suter,Toews

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Agreed. I don’t think Nylander is going to play well enough to command a spot on the lineup. Maybe a different way of looking at it, @RememberTheRoar , but who do you think Nylander is going to replace from this season’s lineup?

I don’t necessarily think he will replace anybody. We don’t know what version of the kid comes back.

My argument is that it’s silly to flat out write him off right now. If he comes back and works hard like Kurashev, the likelihood of him stealing a spot increases. We don’t know whether he’s going to do that, but I’d like to see how he responds.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Debrincat-Toews-Kane
Strome-Dach-Kubalik
Shaw-Kurashev-Suter
Hagel-Kampf-Carpenter

I'm also assuming Reichel needs one more year of development, but I think he is playing in a mens league so it's possible he challenges for a spot with a good camp.

Carpenter

Reactions: LavalPhantom

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Debrincat-Toews-Kane
Strome-Dach-Kubalik
Shaw-Kurashev-Suter
Hagel-Kampf-Carpenter

Going by the last two offseasons, I think JC and Stan prefer some competition in camp, so having a few more guys (1-2) than actual spots.

So that way it's pretty good with a nice little battle between a few guys for those middle six/bottom six spots. Starts the season off well too.

Will it be Nylander winning one, I don't know, but you have to count with him too. We could end up trading someone as well (and/or brining back Janmark) so nothing is too clear cut untill the guys themselves decide with their play.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
I think that’s exactly what Nylander needs to be, tenacious. I feel like it’s not impossible to add a tenacious element to a skilled player’s game.

I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong though.

Can't help but imagine Nylander watching this new breed of Hawk workers busting everything that when he comes back, he will be part of this culture.
If he does, he most definitely will be asset valued.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Can't help but imagine Nylander watching this new breed of Hawk workers busting everything that when he comes back, he will be part of this culture.
If he does, he most definitely will be asset valued.

I mean, unless the kid just straight up doesn’t give a single f***, it’s hard to imagine him not working harder

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I mean, unless the kid just straight up doesn’t give a single f***, it’s hard to imagine him not working harder
hope your right, cause if he does Nylander can be very successful IMO.

He would fit perfectly if he gave 100% effort as a third on a line d(just examples this is not necessarily how I would have them lined up as there are too many v variables to know...:

Cat-Dach-______
Kubalik-Toews- _______
______ -Kurashev-Kane

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
hope your right, cause if he does Nylander can be very successful IMO.

He would fit perfectly if he gave 100% effort as a third on a line d(just examples this is not necessarily how I would have them lined up as there are too many v variables to know...:

Cat-Dach-______
Kubalik-Toews- _______
______ -Kurashev-Kane

ya, I think so. I like the setup you have too. I think Strome with Toews and Kubalik could be pretty nice. Also, I’d like Kane as technically being on the third line too assuming Colliton is going to double shift the shit out of him anyway.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I agree. But I think his playstyle fits well on the 4th line, too. I definitely agree Nylander shouldn't take Carpenter's spot on the 4th line.

I think Shaw is a little bit more skilled than what you want out of a 4th liner and we aren’t quite deep enough with our forwards to bury him there.

Reactions: Geoist

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think Shaw is a little bit more skilled than what you want out of a 4th liner and we aren’t quite deep enough with our forwards to bury him there.

Shaw was excellent with Kampf today. That line pinned Dallas in their own zone hard several times.

what’s the problem with playing Shaw there and giving him some PP time?

All this excuse making to try and predetermine that Nylander will never be on this roster is odd. If he works hard and has skill to go with it, why wouldn’t you want that?

Nylander potentially coming back improved mentally is a good thing, not a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad