Value of: Alex Galchenyuk as a free agent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I don't know how legit this is but apparently Marc Bergevin is about to reopen discussions with unrestricted free agent and former Montreal Canadiens member Alex Galchenyuk to fill a position on the third line. :dunno:

:popcorn::huh::m-dance:

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I don't know about that...

Good information usually sticks, and good BS has sticking power:D

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't know how legit this is but apparently Marc Bergevin is about to reopen discussions with unrestricted free agent and former Montreal Canadiens member Alex Galchenyuk to fill a position on the third line. :dunno:

Lemme try to find the right words...NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

Bbinz doesn't do forgiveness and certainly not for a piss poor 200ft player.

Reactions: 19VJ17

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007

Is Galchenyuk willing to sign a two-way deal, with the expectation he will be playing in Laval? If not, an easy pass.

Reactions: 19VJ17

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
I got the impression that Bergevin was happy to get rid of Chucky the first time around.

You simply don't develop hockey sense overnight. His other attributes don't make up for it.

I'm sure he'll do well in Switzerland.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
For a million i'd give him a shot. If he fails again it's a million bucks for one season.

CupcakeSprinkles

Apr 11, 2021
I don't get why there is so much hostility towards this guy.

He was the Habs poster boy for many years touted as the next coming of Saku Koivu. The reality is he turned out to be an OK player at best and when the hype died down, music stopped.. it was just Habs fans face palming.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Really surprised no one is going after Galch at league minimum. My bet is he ends up somewhere on a PTO but he might not be ready to settle yet.

The offensive skill and creativity is still there. I think part of his problem is that his hands fall behind his brain, but I like a player who's willing to try to make the fun/interesting play.

That disastrous turnover in the playoffs probably isn't helping his case.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
For the amount that he is expected to earn, I would take him back on the Leafs in a heartbeat. He played with a sense of determination for the Leafs last season and chipped in offensively, albeit in a limited sample size.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Really surprised no one is going after Galch at league minimum. My bet is he ends up somewhere on a PTO but he might not be ready to settle yet.

The offensive skill and creativity is still there. I think part of his problem is that his hands fall behind his brain, but I like a player who's willing to try to make the fun/interesting play.

That disastrous turnover in the playoffs probably isn't helping his case.

Hell, that play made it fun, right?

Reactions: ToDavid

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Would be a good idea honestly. I think he proved in the playoffs that he's got good chemistry with Suzuki and Caufield :sarcasm:

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Fun is definitely one way to describe it.

fun for one team.

Always liked Alex and hope he gets his career back on track but plays like that don’t endear you to any coaching staff.

MTLstandup

Jan 3, 2014
Bergevin needs to sign him and have Romanov change his number just to make my chucky jersey relevant again !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad