Value of: Alex Galchenyuk as a free agent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jan 21, 2018
Damn. Whatever happened to the hype train coming out of Toronto? Weren't they going to rebuild him?

Formula:

1 - think of an outrageous comment that is obviously untrue
2 - generalize the entire leaf fanbase so people will like your post

There’s so many ways you can make fun of the leafs right now. I guess there’s no incentive for trolls to try when there’s no downvote button on this site.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I didn't generalize a fan base. That was literally an article, one among several.

Alex Galchenyuk was broken. The Maple Leafs hope to build him back up
There are so many articles about the Toronto Maple Leafs out there that look like they came straight out of The Onion.

The one you referenced is an example.

There also was an article about how Joe Thornton was "bringing the fire with playoffs looming".

Mark Masters: Joe Thornton ‘bringing more fire’ to Toronto Maple Leafs lineup with playoffs looming - TSN.ca

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The name of the article literally says hope to, not that they did.

And as much as you all want to think, an article on the internet doesn't necessarily mean that the majority of Leafs fans think that way, lol.

Bruh. Did I say anything about the fans? It was a ridiculous notion at the time, which fwiw went beyond just one article. That's all I was poking fun that. Relax, I'm not attacking you personally, unless you can't acknowledge the hype train that exists in Toronto media.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
...but I think he deserves an NHL contract somewhere.

Why does he remain unsigned this late into the offseason?

Who needs him?
Your last question 'who needs him?', while meant in earnest, could just have easily been rhetorical.

He's the ultimate in luxury item, low calorie points at best.

I wanted to see him thrive, but he just seems like he doesn't get it.

I could see an Arizona or Buffalo pick him up because if you're going to be bad anyway, why not bring in someone capable of the odd sublime moment of skill.

But barring big changes, I don't think he can contribute as more than a top 6 injury fill-in for a good team.

Reactions: banks

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Bruh. Did I say anything about the fans? It was a ridiculous notion at the time, which fwiw went beyond just one article. That's all I was poking fun that. Relax, I'm not attacking you personally, unless you can't acknowledge the hype train that exists in Toronto media.
Bruh, you must know full well that pretty much everyone on here parcels up the team, fans and media into one giant group for the purpose of talking smack. My apologies.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I thought he did well in Toronto. I'm honestly surprised they didn't keep him for some cheap forward depth.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
His skating is noticeably less choppy, he was only a liability when he made high risk pinches. You can skate well and still be dumb.

He's a good candidate to feed a lot of PP time and flip at the deadline if this season is a write off for your team.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He will sign with Omsk and reunite with Yakupov. They will both explode in the KHL and then HF will post how stupid Edmonton and Montreal were to give up on them.

Boucher - Galchenyuk - Yakupov

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He will sign with Omsk and reunite with Yakupov. They will both explode in the KHL and then HF will post how stupid Edmonton and Montreal were to give up on them.

Boucher - Galchenyuk - Yakupov
Reunite with Yakupov in the KHL? Posters are aware that Galchenyuk was born in Milwaukee and has played for five other NHL teams since getting drafted and playing for Montreal for six seasons. As far as I know he's never had anything to do with Yakupov or the KHL.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Reunite with Yakupov in the KHL? Posters are aware that Galchenyuk was born in Milwaukee and has played for five other NHL teams since getting drafted and playing for Montreal for six seasons. As far as I know he's never had anything to do with Yakupov or the KHL.

Yes reunite. They played together on Sarnia and both got drafted off that team top 3 in the entry draft and Reid Boucher was also on that Sarnia Sting era team and is also playing for Omsk. Was pretty easy to follow I would have thought but no worries. Boucher name isn’t Boucherov although maybe it should be.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad