Value of: alex debrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What about something around Burakovsky and DBC?!

Ottawa needs a guy who can play in the top 6 on a decent contract. Seattle has a ton of cap space and could use a player like Debrincat who's adds more punch to an already good all around team. Seattle's a great city.

I'd definitely do Bura or Bjorkstrand and a 1st.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Debrincat not wanting to sign longterm in Ottawa should come as a surprise to literally no one...half of us called that the day idiot Dorion traded for him without even having the common sense to discuss the possibility of an extension first.

Thus is the life of a Canadian General Manager in the NHL. Especially a small market one...are you saying they should have got a gentleman's promise from ADBs camp to resign in Ottawa before even getting to digest being traded for the first time? Lol right.

You have to be bold and hope the player gets sold on the program after the fact sometimes. And a player with the Cats resume very, very rarely comes available at that age, and it was a universal steal in the eyes of everyone that counts last summer. His age alone made his traded value a no brainer.

And in all fairness, the Senators and Ottawa are doing a great job to convince any player that wants to win in the future they are heading in the right direction, and its a happy place to be around.

If he wants to bail, it was still a very well calculated risk that any good GM (of the Senators) should have made.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayersLtd

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I have a bad feeling that he signs his QO and walks away as a UFA. The Sens will be in the playoff race and won't be able to trade him at the deadline. I think he is going to have a huge year next season.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
I have a bad feeling that he signs his QO and walks away as a UFA. The Sens will be in the playoff race and won't be able to trade him at the deadline. I think he is going to have a huge year next season.
Yeah, to me, this is the worst-case scenario and at this point, seems like the most likely to happen.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

Doesn't matter if Ottawa is chasing a playoff spot; they would trade him if he doesn't sign long term. If he has a great season, all the better for the Sens - they'll be able to get a lot more for him. Under no circumstances would a sane GM keep a player for a chance at making the playoffs. He either signs long-term or is dealt at the draft or the deadline.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Under no circumstances would a sane GM keep a player for a chance at making the playoffs.
Or maybe a GM that has to impress new owners to keep his job .....

The majority of bad moves are desperation moves by GMs to keep their job. It is highly unlikely Dorion keeps his job if the Sens do not make the playoffs. So yes, it makes sense, unfortunately.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I'd definitely do Bura or Bjorkstrand and a 1st.

I was thinking about Debrincat for the Kraken as well.
Though, I can't see them trading Burakovsky or Bjorkstrand + a first rounder for an RFA that doesn't want to sign in Ottawa.

Though, we have three 2nd rounders, but both of those players have a 10 team NTC's.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Or maybe a GM that has to impress new owners to keep his job .....

The majority of bad moves are desperation moves by GMs to keep their job. It is highly unlikely Dorion keeps his job if the Sens do not make the playoffs. So yes, it makes sense, unfortunately.

You really think Dorion has any leverage

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
There are some horrible speculated red wings trades in here. If debrincat Is set on being a red wing, or at the very least interested, the wings already know through larkin who knows him personally in the off season. We really don’t have to trade anything, we can just wait and trading in division means we would have a higher offer. Send fans need to get their heads straight though, if he wants to leave they are in a bind and not getting anything close to his value. A late, late first would be about the best they are looking at if he is not staying no matter what.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Doesn't matter if Ottawa is chasing a playoff spot; they would trade him if he doesn't sign long term. If he has a great season, all the better for the Sens - they'll be able to get a lot more for him. Under no circumstances would a sane GM keep a player for a chance at making the playoffs. He either signs long-term or is dealt at the draft or the deadline.

I wouldn't accuse Pierre Dorion of being sane. He's liable to do anything here.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
There are some horrible speculated red wings trades in here. If debrincat Is set on being a red wing, or at the very least interested, the wings already know through larkin who knows him personally in the off season. We really don’t have to trade anything, we can just wait and trading in division means we would have a higher offer. Send fans need to get their heads straight though, if he wants to leave they are in a bind and not getting anything close to his value. A late, late first would be about the best they are looking at if he is not staying no matter what.
How’d this same ignorance work for Werenski?

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
How’d this same ignorance work for Werenski?
If Werenski wanted to be a Wing, he would have unless Yzerman didn't want to pony up the assets. Comparing what we know as fans to what is known by Larkin or Yzerman or anyone else is an exercise in futility. We can hope on a specific course but it means shit in the bigger picture.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

I love how people always say this, despite decades of evidence that it almost never happens.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

That wouldn't be the worst thing tbh, he'll show he regained his previous form and the sens will have one last shot at signing him.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Lots of GMs have done it.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Ottawa has to make the playoffs next year, I doubt they trade him if they are in the race

Reactions: dirtydanglez

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Even if Debrincat popped off this year and signed for 9m, 46m for 6 players isnt bad; especially with the cap going forward
It is kinda troublesome when they haven't figured out their goaltending situation yet but have no cap space this season.

With Debrincat at 9M QO next year, Ottawa will be spending $45M on their Top 6, and about $18M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad