Value of: alex debrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Detroit would never give Raymond 1:1 let alone Raymond + for 1 year of a 9 million dollar player with 66 points lol

17OA + 2nd should get ADB to detroit

It would be nice if the first was a bit higher, but it's not a bad haul.

I definitely like the idea of just getting picks instead of taking on salary. We really have a tricky road ahead getting Sanderson signed and filling out the last few pieces of the roster.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Detroit would never give Raymond 1:1 let alone Raymond + for 1 year of a 9 million dollar player with 66 points lol

17OA + 2nd should get ADB to detroit
I’d like the 17OA + Perron deal another poster mentioned.

We’re gonna lose the deal but getting a middle 6 winger back would be helpful

Last edited:

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Yzerman gotta have the same train of thought as us HF posters when it comes to aquiring the Cat from the sens if hes not gonna sign right?

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Less than what OTT paid for him.
you wont always get an asset that 1y later has same or better value.
personally, i think his 'down year' was overhyped big time. Ottawa not having Norris IMO was a big blow. Add him with Debrincat and see what happens there.

that being said, im OK with us buying at a slightly lower value. we need scoring.

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
Source: Trust me bro
Where's your source that Yzerman has any interest in him? He's not the type of player we've gone after, he's not worth his QO, and Yzerman has said repeatedly he's not interested in rushing the rebuild and to be patient which says you don't give up draft picks for underperforming overpaid wingers (which we have a plethora of).

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Where's your source that Yzerman has any interest in him? He's not the type of player we've gone after, he's not worth his QO, and Yzerman has said repeatedly he's not interested in rushing the rebuild and to be patient which says you don't give up draft picks for underperforming overpaid wingers (which we have a plethora of).
he also said he will be looking at trading picks for young skill guys who fit the core (ADB is 24 years old and from michigan) + unlikely to sign with sens. You do know they can extend him for less than his QO right?

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
he also said he will be looking at trading picks for young skill guys who fit the core (ADB is 24 years old and from michigan) + unlikely to sign with sens. You do know they can extend him for less than his QO right?
Thinking him being from Michigan means anything to Yzerman tells me you're blind. At this point, his QO is 9m and he's 1 year from UFA, Yzerman isn't going to trade assets for a potential 1 year rental at 9m for a 66pt player. This year is more the norm of what Cat's history is than last year's 41 goals.

Cat simply isn't something the wings need or should want.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Yzerman gotta have the same train of thought as us HF posters when it comes to aquiring the Cat from the sens if hes not gonna sign right?

You'd assume so, but then again he probably had the option to trade the 8th overall + more for him last off-season, and he chose to keep his picks and go the UFA route instead.

If the price was the reason he declined, smart of Yzerman to have held off instead of buying high on DeBrincat.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Debrincat not wanting to sign longterm in Ottawa should come as a surprise to literally no one...half of us called that the day idiot Dorion traded for him without even having the common sense to discuss the possibility of an extension first.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Thinking him being from Michigan means anything to Yzerman tells me you're blind. At this point, his QO is 9m and he's 1 year from UFA, Yzerman isn't going to trade assets for a potential 1 year rental at 9m for a 66pt player. This year is more the norm of what Cat's history is than last year's 41 goals.

Cat simply isn't something the wings need or should want.
Thinking Debrincat is a 66 point guy tells me you're blind. Hes been a PPG player the last 3 out of 4 years lol. Yzerman will extend him if hes trading assets and no one will sign him for 9 million long term.
You'd assume so, but then again he probably had the option to trade the 8th overall + more for him last off-season, and he chose to keep his picks and go the UFA route instead.

If the price was the reason he declined, smart of Yzerman to have held off instead of buying high on DeBrincat.
Yzerman kept the pick last year to draft a much needed C. This year he has 5 picks in the first 45, he said he wants to move some for core players to accelerate the rebuilt as these picks will take 3-4 years to make an impact in the NHL

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
Thinking Debrincat is a 66 point guy tells me you're blind. Hes been a PPG player the last 3 out of 4 years lol. Yzerman will extend him if hes trading assets and no one will sign him for 9 million long term.

Yzerman kept the pick last year to draft a much needed C. This year he has 5 picks in the first 45, he said he wants to move some for core players to accelerate the rebuilt as these picks will take 3-4 years to make an impact in the NHL
He's been a PPG player once in his 6 year career as an NHLer. I think you may need to rethink your infatuation after you learn how basic math works.

I have no doubt Yzerman will do some wheeling and dealing, but it won't be for Debrincat.

• Haha

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
What about something around Burakovsky and DBC?!

Ottawa needs a guy who can play in the top 6 on a decent contract. Seattle has a ton of cap space and could use a player like Debrincat who's adds more punch to an already good all around team. Seattle's a great city.

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
There's probably not a lot of teams willing to pay both what he'd cost to get and his contract given the type of player he is.

Pittsburgh seems like the best fit if they offer something like Granlund + 1st + Jarry, they could use a pure sniper. Granlund could actually be a fit next to Stutzle or Norris give their playstyles not that they'd go out of their way to get him lol.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
He's been a PPG player once in his 6 year career as an NHLer. I think you may need to rethink your infatuation after you learn how basic math works.

I have no doubt Yzerman will do some wheeling and dealing, but it won't be for Debrincat.

He's scored at 0.82ppg over his first six year career. That's impressive.

Dylan Larkin, the wings beat forward, is at 0.75ppg while being a couple years older....

DeBrincat would instantly become the best scorer on the wings. And who cares about the "PPG" player label when a team like the Canes shows exactly how its done without a consistent "top tier" level scorer.

The wings would be blessed to have ADB, and it won't be a lack of Stevie Y wanting him that stops him from ever playing there.

Last edited:

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
Sens won't get back what they gave up in a 1, 2, and 3 round pick. Should get a first in return and something else. But, that first is going to be in the 20's or something vs. 7OA that they gave up.

This team had Stutzle upcoming for a new deal last off-season and gave him $8.3 in the summer. That, along with the Norris deal gives them 4 $8 mill plus players in 23-24. Plus Batherson at $5 mill. So, they had $37 mill for 5 guys without DCat and still had holes.

Questionable planning and construction by the team.

Detroit has extra picks. NYI first, STL and Van 2nds this draft. Boston's 2024 first.

So, have options to get some help to improve the roster.
Even if Debrincat popped off this year and signed for 9m, 46m for 6 players isnt bad; especially with the cap going forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad