Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Crewmember on Film Set

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If you’re going to continue to just flat out ignore everything he did leading up to this and just focus on the incompetence of the prosecution (as if anyone on here is defending them) not only is there no conversation to be had but you’re as biased as you’re accusing other people of being
What am I biased towards? Wanting a properly functioning legal system? I wouldn’t say I’m biased, I’d say I was right and am flexing that like a dickhead but I wouldn’t say biased. Like I said I don’t even like him or associate with his politics. When society collapses if it was up to me I’d eat him and distribute his stuff. But I’m just trying to be objective about this particular situation

Everybody on the last page (now 2 pages ago)told you what was going to happen and why (daaaaabs and filthydangles nailed it really) and you still want to be on the same side as the team who felt they needed to withhold evidence to win the case. Again, you’re just coping. That’s fine. Just be honest you want him locked up for being an asshole. I would at least understand that. I tend to want our legal system to go after actual criminals trying to actively harm our society but you do you.

He is still gonna or has already deservedly lost millions. He is still an asshole. He is just not a criminal in this instance. Sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. He strikes me as a DUI kinda guy so maybe you get your wish some day

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaaaB's

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The incompetent nepo girl (her dad was a famous armorer and the only reason she is one and got any jobs) had one job, to make sure all the guns were safe, she failed. The project involved many producers, Baldwin reportedly wasn't involved in hiring her or any smaller roles. So you can't say well he's at fault for directly hiring someone he knew was incompetent.

For him to be guilty of manslaughter imo, he'd have to have done something like mess with and try to load a gun himself, directly and knowingly hired the incompetent woman as a favor, horseing around and pulling the trigger toward people and fire a bunch of blanks as a joke, etc...you know something actualy reckless.

There's just no way with the information and facts have now you can say he should be convicted of manslaughter.
This was always the truth

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Some people hate Baldwin. I get it. This should not blind you to the fact the prosecutors decided that the defence did not need to know some things. This is basic LAW 101! They did it for a reason.

Reactions: CDJ

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Another thug celebrity gets away with doing something deplorable. And of course people don’t give a shit because they like his shitty movies and because “he settled with the family” lmfao
And people wonder why this site has gone downhill, mr. purple name

Even if you don’t think Baldwin SHOULD be charged for this, does anyone honestly believe that if any of us did something like this that we’d avoid a manslaughter charge?
Yes?

Nogatco Rd

Translator spent all my HF cash
Apr 3, 2021
It’s a silly thing to say though because when would one of us be f***ing around with a prop gun on a movie set? If we were f***ing around with a real gun in our house and it discharged and killed somebody then yeah sure we would get charged but I think you know that would be a disingenuous apples to oranges comparison here. Or at least I’d hope you could see that. I think reasonable people do.
it wasn’t a “prop gun”, it was a real gun. If it was a prop gun the DP would still be alive.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Some people hate Baldwin. I get it. This should not blind you to the fact the prosecutors decided that the defence did not need to know some things. This is basic LAW 101! They did it for a reason.
2 things can be true

1. The prosecution royally f***ed this one up

and

2. Baldwin is an asshole who deserves to bear responsibility for an individual losing their life and its unfortunate that once again the megarich manage to avoid legal responsibility

Reactions: John Price

archangel2

May 19, 2019
2 things can be true

1. The prosecution royally f***ed this one up

and

2. Baldwin is an asshole who deserves to bear responsibility for an individual losing their life and its unfortunate that once again the megarich manage to avoid legal responsibility

Bold it 10000% true

your 2nd point? You do not like Baldwin, We get that. But if you remove your personally feelings towards the guy and look at the details... you will see why the prosecution did what they did.

The state will appeal--this is far from being over

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Bold it 10000% true

your 2nd point? You do not like Baldwin, We get that. But if you remove your personally feelings towards the guy and look at the details... you will see why the prosecution did what they did.

The state will appeal--this is far from being over
Me liking or not liking him has nothing to do with the facts of what he did and neglected to do. Pretty funny how that’s the part everyone focuses on, I guess when you can’t actually argue against what he did you have to pick another angle to attempt to dismantle my position

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
it wasn’t a “prop gun”, it was a real gun. If it was a prop gun the DP would still be alive.
Real gun being used as a prop on a movie set with a whole ass manager of the gun who didn’t do her job. We can play semantics but at the end of the day obviously this situation is not the same as if one of us was f***ing around at home and accidentally shot our friend with our own gun.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Even if you don’t think Baldwin SHOULD be charged for this, does anyone honestly believe that if any of us did something like this that we’d avoid a manslaughter charge?
Yes. I think if any of us did this as actors we wouldn't be prosecuted. The armorer still would because providing a safe gun was literally their job.

The only reason these prosecutors keep rushing forward to charge him is because of their politics vs his politics.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Me liking or not liking him has nothing to do with the facts of what he did and neglected to do. Pretty funny how that’s the part everyone focuses on, I guess when you can’t actually argue against what he did you have to pick another angle to attempt to dismantle my position
You’re so close to realizing the facts are what got him off.

Why were the people on your side of the argument trying to withhold evidence again? Cmon man, don’t be naive. I like you, I look forward to talking mma with you, but understand that this is just because you personally dislike Baldwin and nothing else

Reactions: Jags

archangel2

May 19, 2019

you need to take a DEEP breath and re read some of the stuff you have posted. You clearly can not separate how you fell towards the guy for whatever reason, You do not like him we get it. But your tirades are like a MEGA supporter on speed

archangel2

May 19, 2019
You’re so close to realizing the facts are what got him off.

Why were the people on your side of the argument trying to withhold evidence again? Cmon man, don’t be naive. I like you, I look forward to talking mma with you, but understand that this is just because you personally dislike Baldwin and nothing else

The prosecution has admitted they should have given the evidence to the defence. There will be a retrial. One key piece of information was kept from the jury. Baldwin was a producer and producers are involved in hiring people and other things. This story is not over

BTW

NMC

I HATE BALDWIN...HE GIVES US LEFTIES A BAD NAME

Last edited:
Reactions: John Price

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The prosecution has admitted they should have given the evidence to the defence. There will be a retrial. One key piece of information was kept from the jury. Baldwin was a producer and producers are involved in hiring people and other things. This story is not over

BTW

NMC

I HATE BALDWIN...HE GIVES UP LEFTIES A BAD NAME
The dismissal was with prejudice- so the prosecution cannot retry him for involuntary manslaughter.

From the judge herself

"If this conduct does not rise to the level of bad faith it certainly comes so near to bad faith to show signs of scorching."

I mean like what are people even debating at this point? They’re not doing that for no reason.

Perhaps they go for a different charge? But how much taxpayers dollars need to be wasted on this political stunt?

archangel2

May 19, 2019
The dismissal was with prejudice- so the prosecution cannot retry him for involuntary manslaughter.

From the judge herself

"If this conduct does not rise to the level of bad faith it certainly comes so near to bad faith to show signs of scorching."

I mean like what are people even debating at this point? They’re not doing that for no reason.

they can appeal on the prejudice side. Rarely does it work, The state f***ed up and there is no other way anyone can take it. They knew what they were doing. Score one for people who actually watched the body cam stuff. I do not like Baldwin. But this reminds me of the Brandon Lee death to a point.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

BTW

NMC

I HATE BALDWIN...HE GIVES UP LEFTIES A BAD NAME
He was one of a number of producers, but he was the only producer charged because the prosecutors wanted their celebrity pelt.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo

The fact you can not argue the point without bashing him says a lot.

No one is defending what happened. We are defending the legal system. Something you clearly are not grasping. One guy already lost his job because of this.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
BTW or For what it's worth. Foxnews (who we all know LOVES Baldwin and other lefties) are questioning WHY the prosecutors did what they did. "This was not minor evidence" Was what one of the guys said.

When a big part of their argument is that he’s a producer and none of the other producers get charged with anything it kinda reveals their hand

and that is why the judge did not allow that information in

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yes, he's an asshole but the prosecution made a banana republic move, though perhaps a hint of the not-too-distant future. That's the shit people should be getting angry about.

very slippery and dangerous slope for this country, which is why I think it’s insane some people are still taking the same side as the prosecution. The question that still hasn’t been answered by the group that wants Baldwin locked up is “why would they blatantly try to cheat if they felt like they had a legitimate case?” Still no response to that and it’s telling.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally for President!
Feb 6, 2010
No, he should go to jail because

I’m not really sure why you’re continuing to choose to ignore this and act like it’s simple as people are going after an actor who shot a gun he believed was a prop gun for political reasons but if you choose to ignore that then I guess your take on this situation makes sense. The prosecution was definitely incompetent but that really doesn’t change what happened here
Given your hot takes on political issues on this board over the years, that’s what you’re doing.

Right…

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Given your hot takes on political issues on this board over the years, that’s what you’re doing.

Right…
My “hot takes on political issues” have nothing to do with several facts about this case. I have not made this political whatsoever, the ones defending Baldwin sure seem to love to jump to do so though. If you actually have a legitimate defense for what he did, these questions should be easy to answer.

Why did Baldwin, clearly the lead producer of this film, ignore complaints from many people working on this film about the conditions being unsafe?

Why did he hire an armorer who was shown to be incompetent in her only prior film?

Why was there no armorer on set on the day of the incident?

Why did Baldwin receive the gun from his AD instead of an armorer and assume it was safely checked?

Why did he point the gun at an individual instead of cheating to the left or right?

Why did he lie and say he never pulled the trigger when forensic analysis says it was impossible for the gun to be fired without the trigger being pulled?

• Haha
Reactions: SoupNazi

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Why did Baldwin, clearly the lead producer of this film, ignore complaints from many people working on this film about the conditions being unsafe?
"Clearly the lead producer" -- is this you making something up to elevate his blame? It sure looks like it.
Why did he hire an armorer who was shown to be incompetent in her only prior film?
Did he hire her? I've not seen any indication he had any role in hiring her. I think you just made that up.
Why was there no armorer on set on the day of the incident?
I don't know. I also don't know what this has to do with Baldwin.
Why did Baldwin receive the gun from his AD instead of an armorer and assume it was safely checked?
You're describing what Hollywood types say is normal practice. The AD got the gun the armorer had prepared.

Assuming it was checked is exactly what an actor is supposed to do there. The actor is not allowed to fiddle with the gun after it has been cleared.
Why did he point the gun at an individual instead of cheating to the left or right?
That was bad. No argument there.

Why did he lie and say he never pulled the trigger when forensic analysis says it was impossible for the gun to be fired without the trigger being pulled?
Eh. We don't know this. The FBI broke the gun when they were trying to analyze it. The prosecution then hired some guy to rebuild it. This was going to be hotly contested if the trial had continued when the defense attacked the guy who rebuilt the gun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad