Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 3* vs CLE | Mon, Oct 17 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Bauer vs Stroman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Two more stranded runners.

Really is getting frustrated.

What was the statistic they just said? 1 for their last 21 with runners in scoring position. Embarrassing.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
"Classiness" is arbitrary and overrated. Who cares, they're just fans there for a baseball game. Leave the moralizations for things other than sports.

I'm old school and it's something that's been passed down for a while in the game, so eh it's just my opinion and i'll stick to it.

Fans are great and all but there is a different vibe you feel when you are in montreal than you are in philly, people prefer one over the other ofc. So it really depends on what you prefer.

Nov 6, 2007
I would have risked the blood ball from Bauer, instead of forcing them into the bullpen in that situation. Meh.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
LOL, saying Kluber on short rest being good news is like saying Kershaw on short rest is good news. He's still their ace.

Yes, but all pitchers are significantly worse on short rest. We have to face him again; I much prefer it to be on three days rest.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
One has to note that part of the problem with this offensive slump this series is simply that Martin has been up for a good number of the RISP chances. Whether that's bad luck or bad lineup management I'll leave up to everyone else to argue about. :laugh:

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
I hope this is sarcasm, cuz if it isn't.. :(

100% serious. The guy cut his finger on a drone before the game. It's not a life-threatening injury, and cool he tried to play through it but whatever it's his job. I don't get why people are all emotional over the fact that the fans cheered him leaving. They may have been cheering for the effort, or cheering that he's out of the game; either way, I don't get the over-dramatic reactions to it. It's a baseball game and a relatively minor unrelated finger injury.

If ever there was a time to use the term "virtue signalling."

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
One has to note that part of the problem with this offensive slump this series is simply that Martin has been up for a good number of the RISP chances. Whether that's bad luck or bad lineup management I'll leave up to everyone else to argue about. :laugh:

Which is why Martin shouldn't be batting 5th.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Indeed. As mentioned, that was grotesque. Horrific, really. Wonder if they froze the pinky before the game, too. Hard to think anyone could have that kind of pain tolerance.

A few years ago I sliced my index finger open on a can and thankfully only needed two stitches. Luckily it was on my catching hand (left) so I could still pitch, but every throw back from the catcher caused some pain. I can only imagine how painful that was for Bauer. I have a lot of respect for him after tonight's performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad