Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 3* vs CLE | Mon, Oct 17 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Bauer vs Stroman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
So is pretty clear now that the team has pooped the bed and the series is over. Was done when we turned their 5th starter Tomlin into Nolan Ryan. All that is needed it to make it official. Moving forward in the off-season:

1a. Bring back AA... but since that's not going to happen and we're gonna be stuck with Atkins/Shapiro...
1b. Sign EE It will all come down to money and term
2. Let Bautista go. Let Saunders go. Let Upton go.
3. Let Pompey/Zeke fight for the 3rd outfielder spot bring someone else in for the 2nd outfieilder who can actually field and hit... like, yknow.. maybe a guy like, i dunno.... Revere... just sayin'... (*Glares at Atkins/Shapiro*)
4. Sign Votto whilst swallowing the vomit from having to pay his insane contract.
5. Bring in 2 new another Bullpen arms (Without re-trading the newly acquired Revere... *Glares at Atkins/Shapiro) one lefty and one righty.. let the young'uns fight for the rest of the spots.
6. Bring back AA.

1a. Bring back AA... but since that's not going to happen and we're gonna be stuck with Atkins/Shapiro... I don't even want to comment on this one
1b. Sign EE
2. Let Bautista go. Let Saunders go. Let Upton go. Probably. Probably. Under contract.
3. Let Pompey/Zeke fight for the 3rd outfielder spot bring someone else in for the 2nd outfieilder who can actually field and hit... like, yknow.. maybe a guy like, i dunno.... Revere... just sayin'... (*Glares at Atkins/Shapiro*) Zeke as a starting outfielder is just not a good idea. Oh, and Revere is not that good
4. Sign Votto whilst swallowing the vomit from having to pay his insane contract. He's already "signed", and as fun as it would be... it likely is not a smart move for the team
5. Bring in 2 new another Bullpen arms (Without re-trading the newly acquired Revere... *Glares at Atkins/Shapiro) one lefty and one righty.. let the young'uns fight for the rest of the spots. Please, just enough with Revere. Yes, some pen arms would be nice.
6. Bring back AA. See question 1

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We are a final 4 team so it's not like we are a bad team. Yes they're frustrating but people act like we are a bottom feeder.

we could still win today right?
or win the next 4.

(and before anyone says no, well, we won 4 in a row to get to this point so why not).

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Or, people realize that this era is ending, and if we want to continue to be successful, we need to address the glaring issues with the team.

I don't care about 2nd place.

Any team in the Final 4 can win with a bit of luck.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It's amazing how people are crapping all over this team. They made the final four and the bats went cold. It happens.

It happens to teams that rely on HR's to win. We are proof, and get beat by smarter teams who will their way to wins.

Napoli taking second base to later score....would the Jays EVER think of doing that?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
It happens to teams that rely on HR's to win. We are proof, and get beat by smarter teams who will their way to wins.

Napoli taking second base to later score....would the Jays EVER think of doing that?

You'd have to have a catcher who's asleep. Same with when they stole on Stroman. Mental mistakes.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That's not what you said. You said "don't give a **** about the rest" which includes a 40 HR hitter and hit the walkoff WC game HR, a top 10 catcher and one of the best defensive OFers.

Yes, I don't give a **** if they are moved.

I wouldn't be upset if we moved Pillar in the right deal. Pillar is great for the highlight reel.

Martin is declining and isn't a top 10 catcher anymore. Sorry. He's going to be 34, and was just a 1.7 WAR player. His offensive numbers have been steadily declining over the past three seasons, and his defensive game is clearly not what it once was.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
You'd have to have a catcher who's asleep. Same with when they stole on Stroman. Mental mistakes.

Weird how we only ever have mental mistakes, and the other teams are perfect. Not like Napoli is fast, he's just smart. Why can't we just play some smart ball instead of swinging for the fences?

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Or, people realize that this era is ending, and if we want to continue to be successful, we need to address the glaring issues with the team.

I don't care about 2nd place.

This. They missed their chance. Everyone in the AL East is getting better and we're getting worse. Yankees have retooled and Boston is getting deadly. That's what's so annoying. We would have probably lost to the Cubs, but these Cleveland pitchers were hittable... well, they were supposed to be. We got to deal with their 2-4-5 pitchers. Instead, it's like we played their 1a-1b-1c. It's sad and it is the end of an Era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad