Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 3* vs CLE | Mon, Oct 17 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Bauer vs Stroman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
So if the jays manage to pull this game out, and for the sake of argument the next one with Kluber pitching on short rest, what is Francona to do going forward? Obviously Tomlin pitched game 5 but then what?

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Goins channeling his inner Martin

but he dropped the ball though.

lol, this is normal Goins.

Just saying but I've always viewed the crowd clapping as an injured player leaves as them showing the player some respect for trying to tough it out. Rather than cheering that they're out of the game. I would hope that any fan not from Philadelphia would share this view.

Well, he acknowledged the crowd, so I think (and hope), that they were cheering/clapping out of respect.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
So if the jays manage to pull this game out, and for the sake of argument the next one with Kluber pitching on short rest, what is Francona to do going forward? Obviously Tomlin pitched game 5 but then what?

The only thing I can think of that's semi-reasonable is Miller for game 6, Kluber back for game 7?

Maybe they get a roster amnesty like the Jays got for Travis, though.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Only time i feel comfortable to score runs with guys in scoring position is when EE,JD,tulo and carrera are at the plate. but they rarely are because they are usually are the ones on the base.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The only thing I can think of that's semi-reasonable is Miller for game 6, Kluber back for game 7?

Maybe they get a roster amnesty like the Jays got for Travis, though.

Why would that happen? Bauer's injury isn't baseball related, it's his own fault his pinky is stitched up.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Just saying but I've always viewed the crowd clapping as an injured player leaves as them showing the player some respect for trying to tough it out. Rather than cheering that they're out of the game. I would hope that any fan not from Philadelphia would share this view.
I saw people get out of their seats and clap as Bauer approached the dugout, I thought it was genuine. Cleveland sports fans don't really have a leg to stand on in terms of "class" anyway. They've done some horrible stuff.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

They have 2 other starters, not good ones but [presumably 1 of them will handle game 5(since Tomlin would be on short rest no point to do that for no extra starts from him), Tomlin game 6, and then Kluber short rest game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad