Albert Johansson

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Well he’s only “middle of the pack” for us because we have a bunch of those guys. If you take them out he could be all the way on the end.
And this is just based on your guess, right? You didn't bother to look into it?

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
Well he’s only “middle of the pack” for us because we have a bunch of those guys. If you take them out he could be all the way on the end.
Sure, but still not an outlier, which is all I was showing. The number of dmen breaking in at 22 or younger doesn’t change in the sample.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
good point about Covid, we're probably still seeing some effects there. Maybe not for AlJo in this particular case, but in general.

But to the bold... if that's the case, then I'm even less worried about AlJo in regards to this age argument. He was ready for at least a cup of coffee last season, and only didn't get that because of the Petry-Holl fiasco effect.
. From the post that replied to mine I went back and looked at the 2015(?) draft and I found like 5 guys I would legitimately want on a cup contending team that were drafted after the 50th pick. So, not just good guys or technically NHLers, but ones I'd actually like. Of that 5, four had seen legit NHL ice time in the third season. I know sample size and everything, but it's something that feels right to me.

So, no, I don't think it's a hard and fast rule but I think it's a fair bench mark for when we maybe need to start looking at our expectations for a kid. Having said that, I'm not worried about Albert, either.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
. From the post that replied to mine I went back and looked at the 2015(?) draft and I found like 5 guys I would legitimately want on a cup contending team that were drafted after the 50th pick. So, not just good guys or technically NHLers, but ones I'd actually like. Of that 5, four had seen legit NHL ice time in the third season. I know sample size and everything, but it's something that feels right to me.

So, no, I don't think it's a hard and fast rule but I think it's a fair bench mark for when we maybe need to start looking at our expectations for a kid. Having said that, I'm not worried about Albert, either.
No, it is not and never has been a hard rule, but always extremely unlikely. I mean there are late bloomers, sure, but at 25 aljo will need to burst on to the scene, like the birth of venus. That said, I have always been an aljo advocate (once we didn't take my Russian) but we have sucked for a bit, so why not give out a few cups of coffee once in a while. It actually works in other sports. If we had, this 23yr thing would be a non starter. Because, successful or not, I could point to that 4or6 game trial. Not, the hill I'm willing to die on, but all of his teammates and coaches have declared him the best when asked!! And I'm pretty sure Ed was on the team at the time.

Reactions: bellringer77

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Florida, for example, has 11 defenseman listed on their roster and only 2 irrelevant guys that I don't recognize made it at 23 or later. I didn't find any top 4 D outside of Walman that started this late on the 4 teams that I checked.
Uhmm probably their best d-man, Gustav Forsling, only really became a full-time NHLer at 24.
He certainly PLAYED NHL games prior to that, but you can very much question whether he should have, and he was a full-time AHLer in 2019-20 as a 23 year old.

I think some people are mistaking rushed, poor development (Forsling in this case ended up being lost on waivers, completely eliminating any argument that Chicago knew what they were doing), with players showing potential or "forcing" their way into the NHL.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Season 2024-25:

Moritz Seider, 23-year-old
- 3 pro seasons
- 3 NHL seasons

Simon Edvinsson, 21-year-old
- 3,5 pro seasons
- 0.5 NHL seasons

Albert Johansson, 23-year-old
- 5 pro seasons

William Wallinder, 21.5-year old
- 3 pro seasons

Axel Sandin Pellikka, 19-year-old
- 1.5 pro seasons

Think we can go on the season with 1-2 NHL rookies on the roster. Ed and Johansson.

Seider has already reached a "vet" status, thanks to his experience and talent level. He is not in his prime yet, but not anyhow a liability.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Season 2024-25:

Moritz Seider, 23-year-old
- 3 pro seasons
- 3 NHL seasons

Simon Edvinsson, 21-year-old
- 3,5 pro seasons
- 0.5 NHL seasons

Albert Johansson, 23-year-old
- 5 pro seasons

William Wallinder, 21.5-year old
- 3 pro seasons

Axel Sandin Pellikka, 19-year-old
- 1.5 pro seasons

Think we can go on the season with 1-2 NHL rookies on the roster. Ed and Johansson.

Seider has already reached a "vet" status, thanks to his experience and talent level. He is not in his prime yet, but not anyhow a liability.
Mo has 6 pro seasons by the standards you used for everyone else.

Reactions: RRhoads

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad