GDT: Aisles @ Haves: Game 3 - October 14, 2024 7:00pm MT (Canadian Turkey Day edition)

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Bednar jumping at the chance to glaze Georgie after shitting all over his skaters makes me sick to my stomach. "Was his best start of the three" "Made some big saves" "Big step in the right direction" like, what the f*** are you doing? Are you trying to convince yourself that he isn't the goalie everyone else knows he is? If you're going to die on this hill, then that's exactly what you deserve. f*** off

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If Landy had a setback, why would we still be doing all these stupid cap gymnastics?
If he didn't have a set back why don't we ever hear or see anything regarding the player?

He was skating a month ago, now he's vanished. He didn't even remotely partake in training camp, even being there going through some drills at 50% seems like something he should have been able to do.

Not saying there was a setback, but the complete radio silence doesn't typically lend itself to good things. Lonzo was much more active and findable the 2 months leading up to him playing.

At this point with how far over the cap we are if 13 and 92 play, I'm fully preparing myself for not seeing 92 this year, again. It's better to not get hopes up, and if by some miracle he does then it's just a bonus.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Bednar jumping at the chance to glaze Georgie after shitting all over his skaters makes me sick to my stomach. "Was his best start of the three" "Made some big saves" "Big step in the right direction" like, what the f*** are you doing? Are you trying to convince yourself that he isn't the goalie everyone else knows he is? If you're going to die on this hill, then that's exactly what you deserve. f*** off
Guess what if it Bednar wants to keep running George out there, then I guess he doesn't want a job come November.

His choice I guess, but you won't win a game with that guy in net. And in a results based industry that's certainly a choice to say the least.

Reactions: Hinterland

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This might be a hot take, but it is beyond ridiculous and at this point is extremely concerning how missing one player is making such a huge difference for this team. I know people want Nuke to GTFO, but you can't argue against the record of him in versus when he's not in the lineup. The eye test even backs that up. This team looks shell-shocked when he's not in the lineup, but looks like a Cup contender when he's in. It is very weird to see such a huge fluxation between the two teams.

Reactions: chet1926

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
I really think the goaltending is fking this team mentally.

I've always hated the impact on the team when the goalie isn't trusted. You get limited creativity mixed with bad creativity because of a tight grip on the stick.

If I was running a team, I'd have zero patience for a goalie letting in bad goals. So.. Georgie saves the ones he should tonight, but doesn't make the extra save. I think he owes now, I think if he comes up, it changes the game.

For me the goalie needs to be average, and then have the up and down, not shit and then average.

I'd be absolutely brutal in this situation and waive Georgie and run with the rookie and the waiver pickup.

Just go with the young, and the wild card, because the team doesn't need the trust battle of a shit f*** starter that doesn't take responsibility and his good performance isn't anything extra. It's the NHL.

Team, get used to playing well defensively or you will not win. The extra save isn't there. That's life. But trash, then bare minimum from a veteran is just going to f*** your team up mentally.
Playing is hurting this team mentally

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This might be a hot take, but it is beyond ridiculous and at this point is extremely concerning how missing one player is making such a huge difference for this team. I know people want Nuke to GTFO, but you can't argue against the record of him in versus when he's not in the lineup. The eye test even backs that up. This team looks shell-shocked when he's not in the lineup, but looks like a Cup contender when he's in. It is very weird to see such a huge fluxation between the two teams.
The team looked fine against Vegas and Columbus without him.

The team looks shell shocked because every time they do something right, Georgiev does something to negate it. Then he does something on top of that to compound it.

This is an AHL goalie being asked to start NHL games. It's ridiculous.

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
Guess what if it Bednar wants to keep running George out there, then I guess he doesn't want a job come November.

His choice I guess, but you won't win a game with that guy in net. And in a results based industry that's certainly a choice to say the least.
The way this team is currently being run is the epitome of a collection of upper management who has lost all ability to view things logically. Until further nothing this team is back to first year Bednar shit. I’d never imagine being a supportive fan of an organization that is this dumb at running a team with this talent. I guess we are on the same level as Edmonton…f***ing embarrassing with 0 end in sight

Reactions: chet1926

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
All I will observe is that the defense game this team plays is atrocious. And the play of our Norris defenseman is abysmal currently.

This was the same Islander team and game they played late last season to get into the playoff. Bednar changed nothing to to beat Roy's game.

Reactions: McMetal

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
All I will observe is that the defense game this team plays is atrocious. And the play of our Norris defenseman is abysmal currently.

This was the same Islander team and game they played late last season to get into the playoff. Bednar changed nothing to to beat Roy's game.
Bednar hasn't adjusted to an opposing coach's playstyle one single time since he's been here. Not a single damn time. And when other coaches gameplan for him, especially come playoff time, they succeed more often than not. The only thing that could overcome that deficiency is having one of the greatest teams in the cap era at his disposal. When he doesn't have that, it shows.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If George is the starter on Wednesday, I'm done until both George and Bednar are gone. it's a waste of 3 hours to watch if George plays. It doesn't matter we could score 10 he'd give up 11. It's a team playing in front of him has no confidence in him issue. You can't play this f***ing game when you have fear that your goalie is just going to blow it.

You can't be this f***ing clueless. You've given up what 20 goals in 3 games, with same guy getting all the starts. You have to give the other guy a shot at a start, even if he hasn't been better in relief. You simply can't go back to George for the sake of the other 22 guys on the roster.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
By coaching, I assume you mean play Nate, Rants and Makar even more and tell everyone to skate harder. 'Cause in 9 years...that's pretty much what I can tell his gameplan consists of.
Hit the nail harder, it's sure to go in eventually.......

Uh....... Bedsy.......it ain't working. Either adjust..... Or suffer the consequences.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's Nuke and Toews. When those two guys play we are tops in the league. They miss games and we are bottom of the barrel.

It's not a coincidence that Toews misses tonight and we aren't even remotely competive.

People can say what they want about a Nuke but November can't come fast enough.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Hit the nail harder, it's sure to go in eventually.......

Uh....... Bedsy.......it ain't working. Either adjust..... Or suffer the consequences.
I don't want to take too much away from Bedsy. I mean, he has coached a team to a championship at every pro-level. But maybe 9 years is too long for a coach and core to co-exist. Fresh blood (players) and thoughts (coaches) are needed to keep things healthy and fresh. Otherwise, it sort of gets stale.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
What big saves did we get?

Scoring chances were 21-19 Islanders and high danger chances were 11-10 Islanders after 20, and we were down 4-1.
I don't have timestamps, but there were a number of good scoring chances that he denied. In particular early in the third there was a play where the puck came right to an Islander between the circles and he pushed out and punched the puck out to the half boards.

Some of those goals just plain were not his fault either. The first Nelson goal was entirely on Kylington for waving at the puck while skating backwards instead of of trying to force him to the outside. If you give a good NHL shooter that much time and space to deke in front of your net, that's not on your goalie. Ditto the Duclair goal. If Makar is covering the front of the net there, Duclair has to shovel it on net right away instead of making the extra move. Unless Georgiev grows an extra leg in a half second he isn't making that save.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
It's Nuke and Toews. When those two guys play we are tops in the league. They miss games and we are bottom of the barrel.

It's not a coincidence that Toews misses tonight and we aren't even remotely competive.

People can say what they want about a Nuke but November can't come fast enough.
Too bad for Nuke that he wasn't rostered 30 years earlier. The 80's Oilers didn't have a League/NHLPA anti drug policy to contend with......

Cold. I know.

And I don't care any longer.

Reactions: drhiii and chet1926

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Tough time to be an Avs fan right now. We have the worst goalie in the league, our captain still isn't close to returning, and a big important player who will be back in November is a coke addict who already ruined 2 playoff runs... Oh, and we are still getting pummeled with injuries

This team sold their soul for the 2022 cup

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Tough time to be an Avs fan right now. We have the worst goalie in the league, our captain still isn't close to returning, and a big important player who will be back in November is a coke addict who already ruined 2 playoff runs... Oh, and we are still getting pummeled with injuries

This team sold their soul for the 2022 cup

That pretty much sums up this shitshow. On top we have 3 goalies on AHL-Level.

20 goals against in 3 games (TWENTY in 3!!!!). This is beyond embarassing.

And the next game will be a slaughter again when Boston rolls into town.

Those who hope the return of Mr. Coke in November will turn this ship around must be on a hard trip. By the time that player is game ready we might be allready out of any playoff-picture. And no, thats not overact on my part, thats the harsh truth we are facing right now.

This team is a mess.

We were gifted one "perfect" season and thank god we got it done in 2022. Beside that, injury after injury, drugs and 2 derailed runs, a GM over his head most of the time.........

If i am Rantanen, i would start to prepare for UFA and big payday, to be honest.

Reactions: HockeyFan100

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The team looked fine against Vegas and Columbus without him.

The team looks shell shocked because every time they do something right, Georgiev does something to negate it. Then he does something on top of that to compound it.

This is an AHL goalie being asked to start NHL games. It's ridiculous.
I am not talking about just these first three games, but the last couple of seasons where he f***ed us up and it has clearly shown how pathetic our team looks without him.

Also, I am not sure how any of you lot can seriously listen to Altitude (seems like the eighth billion time I wrote this lol). I rather find kittens and put on opposing answers at every chance.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Bednar certainly can't go back to Georgiev next game. With Kahkonen coming in he should sit at least the next 4 (2 each for the others).

If he doesn't comply, simply waive Georgiev. This mess is in CMac's hands more than anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad