Value of: After the 1st two days of major UFA signings. What are your team grades?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils - B+
We needed a one year stop gap RD that has veteran experience and wasn’t expensive .
We got exactly what we needed . The other options I wanted signed for 3+ mil and more than one year.
Yes it would have been nice to get a D that can play PK1 but we got everything else we required with Miller .
I wished we would have added a player like a Fast or Hathaway but I’m thinking Fitz is saving cap room to go after Hellebuyck or Ullmark/ Swayman and I’d way rather do that than add a bottom 6 forward .

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Flyers A+. Cheap vets and reclamation projects to fill out the roster. Let the kids play. Flip players on expiring contracts at the deadline for futures. Beginning to the rebuild done correctly.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
If you look purely at the quality of players we brought in it's like a D, but I think it's actually like a B+ cause it shows that Sweeney understands the need for us to start thinking long term. Sign cheap vets to one year deal, ride out the 4.5mil bonus overages, hope some younger players force their way onto the roster, then go into next summer with tons of cap flexibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad