GDT: ADF Game 3: Tuesday, May 6, 7PM -EMERGENCY GDT-

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tonight's line up:

Patches - DD - Vanek
Bournival - Plek - Galllagher
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Moen - Briere - Weise

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Murray - Weaver

Umm, Bournival to replace Prust? I know Prust has been pretty bad recently but he is still a good physical presence that blocks shots and adds aggressiveness to the team...

Moen over Prust on the 4th line, not sure about that either... I mean on the FOURTH LINE, i'd rather have Prust.

Murray... I personally think hes not as good as Bouillon but of course hes only being put in to add size. I don't know if this is a good idea as he is known for penalties and poor speed...

Any opinions?

Three things.
Murray may surprise you. Don't look for him to be playing too many Ozone draws where speed can hurt.
He can certainly help win board battles on the Dzone draws something we've been sorely lacking.

Moen could and probably will play some shifts with Plecky.
MT has done that consistently all year with Briere on that line for example.
Briere has to sit for White to play. MT not going to use him on the wing against the Bruins.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
333icyf.jpg

Quotes by Coach Claude Julien

On not whining in the playoffs

"This is intense playoffs, and I'm not here to whine and cry about things…This is playoff hockey, and it's intense with both teams.†(vs Buffalo Sabres 2010)

“As far as I'm concerned, the League has made a decision on it and we move on. … We're not the type of team that whines and cries about things like that.†(vs Vancouver Canucks 2011)

On not whining about refereeing

Referees have a tough job to do. One thing you don't want to do is criticize them. (vs Lightnings 2011)

On Refereeing

"On the winning goal, it's a very weak (penalty) call in my mind, and it ended up costing us the winning goal." (vs Capitals 2012)

“We score a goal late in that second and get ourselves back in the game and it’s a 3-2 hockey game and you get a power play and you get a call like that, it’s mind-boggling sometimes,…. I think it was based on the reputation, as simple as that.†(vs Ducks 2014)

"They scored three goals on the power play and it took us a long time to get our first one, and that certainly dictated the game. And what was more disappointing is probably the fact that, you know, I don't know if I agree with those calls. And hopefully what was said today didn't have any impact on that, because if it did, I'd be really disappointed. (vs Lightnings 2011)

"We went out there and played the game. I thought we were very disciplined tonight. And again, it just seemed like it was one of those tough nights when you look back at some of those penalties, whether you're allowed to agree or disagree. I'm one of those guys tonight that probably disagreed on a lot of them. (vs Lightnings 2011)

“We’re not blessed with too many power plays,†“It’s a part that we still can’t figure out why. We see reasons we should be on the power play. …We just don’t get a ton of power plays.†(vs Devils 2014)

“I couldn’t believe they didn’t call the cross-check and the punch to the head. It’s one of those nights that I was really disappointed in a lot of the calls.†(vs Sabres 2013)

"The one thing is, this is the second cross-check in two games. Krejci got cut below the nose by the cross-check in Game 1, and now that one, and there’s absolutely nothing we can do about it except that there's no call on it, on the play. Whether they missed it or not, it could be." (vs Capital, 2012)

“That was the frustrating part for me. When we were in Washington for the last game, twice they had players go down in their own end, and we had full control of the puck, and the whistle was blown right away with no hesitation. And tonight they decided they’re not. So, I was a little perturbed. Is there two sets of rules or one? I know they’re different referees, but it’s still the same series. That was frustrating because they ended up scoring a goal on that.†(vs Capitals 2012)

"It's like that first call that cost us a goal 5-on-3. They had seven guys on the ice. (Milan) Lucic was on the ice already. There were no issues there in my mind. It was one of those calls that was made. I'm not going to stand here and criticize the referees. In a brawl like that, they're trying to sort things out. I counted seven, we get to see the replays. They didn't. You don't whine about those things you just move on." (vs Canucks 2012)

On other teams embellishing

“To me it pretty obvious. Their guy (Carcillo), when you watch replays, everybody's seen how he embellishes. It's hard to believe a guy when you see the stuff that he does. (vs Flyers)

“ We’re not a team that will go down, and, I’ve said that many times, and start rolling on the ice for no reason, (vs Capitals, 2012)

Unfortunately in the third [McQuaid] got himself a penalty that was I guess typical of what we’re trying to get out of the league — the embellishment,†…“When you see the guy (Dan Girardi) jump into the glass and embellish, that’s what we gotta take out of the game. It’s unfortunate and put us down 5-on-3.†(vs Rangers 2013)

"I don't think we do our game-planning around (Andrew) Shaw,… We know he's good at embellishing, too, at times. We know all that stuff. We've done our research." (vs Black Hawks 2013)

But a few months later...
“They play the game the right way,There’s no embellishment, there’s no crap, there’s none of that stuff.†(on Black Hawks , 2014)

(Regarding Recchi saying Habs embellishing Paccioretty’s injury from Chara)
“When you see a guy (Recchi) with that kind of experience say something like that, you know what he's doing." (vs Canadiens)

Cheapshots by Bruins are other team’s fault

(Marchand’s cheapshot on Sami Salo = 5 games suspension)
“I'd rather see a guy (Marchand) protect himself and take a penalty than not protect himself and lose him for the year. And that's my point, and I'm going to keep making my point, I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. It's what we do , it's what we believe in, and we're going to protect our players, that's what we're trying to do." (vs Canucks, 2012)

We seem to be the team that's doing bad things. They seem to be the team that's on the nice side of all that stuff and they do nothing wrong. (vs Sabres, 2010)

"There was a lot of frustration in the last game we played. Part of it was us sticking up for ourselves. And they have a tendency to try and stir the pot -- and then look innocent in those situations. (vs Canadiens, 2011)

“I guess we’re stupid, Somehow the Bruins happen to be the team that people prefer picking on and think we’re the bruisers and the example of the league.†(vs Canucks, 2012)

Cheapshots by other team are below Bruins standard

(Following Canucks’ Maxime Lapierre putting fingers in Bruins players’s face)
"I can't really talk about their team,… It's not up to me to comment on it and if that's acceptable for them, so be it,( …)Certainly wouldn't be acceptable on our end of it. I think you know me enough to know that. ….The NHL ruled on something and (the Canucks) decided to make a mockery of it. It's totally up to them. If that's their way of handling things, so be it…. (Canucks, 2011)

Bruins doing the exact same thing…

mark-recchi-lapierre-mouth.jpg

video_milan_lucic_escalates_finger_bite_mockery_with_canucks.jpg

top lel

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Saying Julien is a clown is an insult to all the fine people who wear silly makeup and a red nose to bring a fleeting but heartfelt smile to the face of people all around this beautiful world.

I'm hurt.

:cry:

Might be the right time to tell you clowns scare the **** out of me.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Three things.
Murray may surprise you. Don't look for him to be playing too many Ozone draws where speed can hurt.
He can certainly help win board battles on the Dzone draws something we've been sorely lacking.

Moen could and probably will play some shifts with Plecky.
MT has done that consistently all year with Briere on that line for example.
Briere has to sit for White to play. MT not going to use him on the wing against the Bruins.

Thing is, Murray has historically been used on offensive zone draws. He is a risk for an odd man rush the other way, but he is also pretty good at standing up at the blueljne and keeping the play alive.

I agree about breaking up plays down low. He can relieve some possession time in the own zone with it.

The only thing that keeps Murray from being a regular is the transition game. That's the gamble.

The disruption of the down low game and the ability to extend plays in the o zone is the benefit.

On home ice, I think its a solid, calculated move to insert Murray in favor of bouillon.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Thing is, Murray has historically been used on offensive zone draws. He is a risk for an odd man rush the other way, but he is also pretty good at standing up at the blueljne and keeping the play alive.

I agree about breaking up plays down low. He can relieve some possession time in the own zone with it.

The only thing that keeps Murray from being a regular is the transition game. That's the gamble.

The disruption of the down low game and the ability to extend plays in the o zone is the benefit.

On home ice, I think its a solid, calculated move to insert Murray in favor of bouillon.

Murray hasn't played since April 10th. Players and coaches have commented on the fact a 10 game rest period after TB brought in rust. I can only imagine how much Murray will have. At least it will only be him, but I'm not expecting a big game from him. The last time we played Boston he was terrible (in fairness, so was the whole team).

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Yeah.
Transition unfortunately starts in the opponents D zone. I'm with you on the pinch though.
Murray keeps in sticks pucks players refs :laugh:
when he goes to the wall he becomes an el.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Watch Stephen King's "It". That did it for me.

It creeped the crap out of me as a kid, nowadays I'm not sure, the special effects and cinematography are so much more advanced. Chucky used to scare the heck out of me as a kid too, watched it a few years ago and thought it was a comedy more than anything.

68*

Lolz, my father will go to the game tonight with Milan Lucic's father. Milan paid for the tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad