GDT: ADF Game 3: Tuesday, May 6, 7PM -EMERGENCY GDT-

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Hockey inside out says that the expected lineup changes (not confirmed) are;

Murray in for Bouillon
Moen in for Prust

Not a bad start. I'd still love to see White instead of Briere as well.

And thinking outside the box, how about Beaulieu instead of either
Bouillon or Murray.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
ginaq8y.gif

May it come to pass......figuratively in a hockey game manner:)

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
333icyf.jpg

Quotes by Coach Claude Julien

On not whining in the playoffs

"This is intense playoffs, and I'm not here to whine and cry about things…This is playoff hockey, and it's intense with both teams.†(vs Buffalo Sabres 2010)

“As far as I'm concerned, the League has made a decision on it and we move on. … We're not the type of team that whines and cries about things like that.†(vs Vancouver Canucks 2011)

On not whining about refereeing

Referees have a tough job to do. One thing you don't want to do is criticize them. (vs Lightnings 2011)

On Refereeing

"On the winning goal, it's a very weak (penalty) call in my mind, and it ended up costing us the winning goal." (vs Capitals 2012)

“We score a goal late in that second and get ourselves back in the game and it’s a 3-2 hockey game and you get a power play and you get a call like that, it’s mind-boggling sometimes,…. I think it was based on the reputation, as simple as that.†(vs Ducks 2014)

"They scored three goals on the power play and it took us a long time to get our first one, and that certainly dictated the game. And what was more disappointing is probably the fact that, you know, I don't know if I agree with those calls. And hopefully what was said today didn't have any impact on that, because if it did, I'd be really disappointed. (vs Lightnings 2011)

"We went out there and played the game. I thought we were very disciplined tonight. And again, it just seemed like it was one of those tough nights when you look back at some of those penalties, whether you're allowed to agree or disagree. I'm one of those guys tonight that probably disagreed on a lot of them. (vs Lightnings 2011)

“We’re not blessed with too many power plays,†“It’s a part that we still can’t figure out why. We see reasons we should be on the power play. …We just don’t get a ton of power plays.†(vs Devils 2014)

“I couldn’t believe they didn’t call the cross-check and the punch to the head. It’s one of those nights that I was really disappointed in a lot of the calls.†(vs Sabres 2013)

"The one thing is, this is the second cross-check in two games. Krejci got cut below the nose by the cross-check in Game 1, and now that one, and there’s absolutely nothing we can do about it except that there's no call on it, on the play. Whether they missed it or not, it could be." (vs Capital, 2012)

“That was the frustrating part for me. When we were in Washington for the last game, twice they had players go down in their own end, and we had full control of the puck, and the whistle was blown right away with no hesitation. And tonight they decided they’re not. So, I was a little perturbed. Is there two sets of rules or one? I know they’re different referees, but it’s still the same series. That was frustrating because they ended up scoring a goal on that.†(vs Capitals 2012)

"It's like that first call that cost us a goal 5-on-3. They had seven guys on the ice. (Milan) Lucic was on the ice already. There were no issues there in my mind. It was one of those calls that was made. I'm not going to stand here and criticize the referees. In a brawl like that, they're trying to sort things out. I counted seven, we get to see the replays. They didn't. You don't whine about those things you just move on." (vs Canucks 2012)

On other teams embellishing

“To me it pretty obvious. Their guy (Carcillo), when you watch replays, everybody's seen how he embellishes. It's hard to believe a guy when you see the stuff that he does. (vs Flyers)

“ We’re not a team that will go down, and, I’ve said that many times, and start rolling on the ice for no reason, (vs Capitals, 2012)

Unfortunately in the third [McQuaid] got himself a penalty that was I guess typical of what we’re trying to get out of the league — the embellishment,†…“When you see the guy (Dan Girardi) jump into the glass and embellish, that’s what we gotta take out of the game. It’s unfortunate and put us down 5-on-3.†(vs Rangers 2013)

"I don't think we do our game-planning around (Andrew) Shaw,… We know he's good at embellishing, too, at times. We know all that stuff. We've done our research." (vs Black Hawks 2013)

But a few months later...
“They play the game the right way,There’s no embellishment, there’s no crap, there’s none of that stuff.†(on Black Hawks , 2014)

(Regarding Recchi saying Habs embellishing Paccioretty’s injury from Chara)
“When you see a guy (Recchi) with that kind of experience say something like that, you know what he's doing." (vs Canadiens)

Cheapshots by Bruins are other team’s fault

(Marchand’s cheapshot on Sami Salo = 5 games suspension)
“I'd rather see a guy (Marchand) protect himself and take a penalty than not protect himself and lose him for the year. And that's my point, and I'm going to keep making my point, I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. It's what we do , it's what we believe in, and we're going to protect our players, that's what we're trying to do." (vs Canucks, 2012)

We seem to be the team that's doing bad things. They seem to be the team that's on the nice side of all that stuff and they do nothing wrong. (vs Sabres, 2010)

"There was a lot of frustration in the last game we played. Part of it was us sticking up for ourselves. And they have a tendency to try and stir the pot -- and then look innocent in those situations. (vs Canadiens, 2011)

“I guess we’re stupid, Somehow the Bruins happen to be the team that people prefer picking on and think we’re the bruisers and the example of the league.†(vs Canucks, 2012)

Cheapshots by other team are below Bruins standard

(Following Canucks’ Maxime Lapierre putting fingers in Bruins players’s face)
"I can't really talk about their team,… It's not up to me to comment on it and if that's acceptable for them, so be it,( …)Certainly wouldn't be acceptable on our end of it. I think you know me enough to know that. ….The NHL ruled on something and (the Canucks) decided to make a mockery of it. It's totally up to them. If that's their way of handling things, so be it…. (Canucks, 2011)

Bruins doing the exact same thing…

mark-recchi-lapierre-mouth.jpg

video_milan_lucic_escalates_finger_bite_mockery_with_canucks.jpg

If you ever show this to a Bruins fan and ask them to explain it, they'll probably have a stroke.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I'd like to see White in too, but I just know if we keep Danny B in, he will score or make a huge play and remain on the positive +/-. Then we'll thank the Therrien that he stayed with him.

Really torn about what I'd want in terms of Cube/Murray. Choose your poison OR each one could bring the dimension we need. So many uncertainties based on which version will show up.

Can't wait to see the BC rocking. I hope it stays like that all game. I'd say, spot us a two goal lead with 9 mins left, but...you know...

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
Murray will screen Price, leading to a goal. This is my only prediction.

Please win, Habs!

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
really hope white is in somehow

i would play him vs the bruins EVERY single TIME

murray aint much, but i think he'll help more than bouillon

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
BTW, Erik Estrada (if that is you real name):

Alex Burrows was the one who nibbled Bergeron's fingers, not Maxime Lapierre

:teach:

I agree.

1-Burrows would have allegedly nibbled on Bergeron's fingers. Bergeron said "He did it".
2-NHL found no conclusive proof.
3-Lapierre the next game stuck his fingers in front of Bergeron's mouth.
4-Julien lost it... Said all the crap above about Canucks organization.
5-But then cameras caught Lucic and Recchi doing the exact same thing to Burrows and Lapierre.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
On one hand, Cube deflects them in, Murray screens Price. :help:

(I know, one of the goals hit a rut in the ice!)

Please Murray, pleeeeease be Pierre's 'Monster'.

So Habs are replacing a D who deflects pucks past Price with one that prevents him from stopping them?

Same diff :nod:

:cry:

Oh well. A loss shouldn't come down to a number 6 defenseman. I just hope the Habs have learned that you need to continue attacking in the 3rd if you want to win against an elite team. I guess we'll see in a few hours.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Tonight's ref Chris Rooney is from South Boston, Massachussets... Grew up as a Bruins fan... That should finally shut Bruins fans the **** up... Not.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Therrien nailed the Bruins' typical calculated media pandering:

"I thought they got away with a lot of things, as far as we're concerned," Therrien said. "But they try to influence referees. That's the way they are. That's not going to change. That's the way they like to do their things, but for us we're not paying attention to those things, honestly.

"We all know what they're trying to do, but it doesn't affect us at all."

Later, when asked if he would like his team to avoid masking inflammatory comments in the media, Therrien said he's not interested in talking about the Bruins.

"Whatever comments they make on us, I'm not a coach that's going to start making comments on the other team," he said. "It's never been my philosophy; I don't like that. They can say whatever they want, that's their choice, but we know what we have to do get success."

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Therrien nailed the Bruins' typical calculated media pandering:

"I thought they got away with a lot of things, as far as we're concerned," Therrien said. "But they try to influence referees. That's the way they are. That's not going to change. That's the way they like to do their things, but for us we're not paying attention to those things, honestly.

"We all know what they're trying to do, but it doesn't affect us at all."

Later, when asked if he would like his team to avoid masking inflammatory comments in the media, Therrien said he's not interested in talking about the Bruins.

"Whatever comments they make on us, I'm not a coach that's going to start making comments on the other team," he said. "It's never been my philosophy; I don't like that. They can say whatever they want, that's their choice, but we know what we have to do get success."

He also said something like, and I'm paraphrasing here, "We know his (Julien's) tactics, we all saw him using it in their series against Vancouver, where they try to influence the officials."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad