Prospect Info: Adam Mascherin (2016, #38 overall, UP: Re-enters draft), Kitchener Rangers (OHL)

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
We saw a couple of TSN guys start the drumming gossip on inside cap in last june when nothing of it was released publicly from us and still is not, people started to believe in it. These sort of people live for gossips like this and make a living of it. I've learned my lesson and will not believe anything until the team or Mascherin himself announces anything regarding it. Staying positive. :)

I think there’s too much smoke for it to be a rumor.

Just get rid of him and his chin and move on.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Sorry all this f***ery and hateing on Mascherin is ridiculos.
I agree on former Poster he is young dont see a Career for him here or not in a Top Role. So he decided to go on a different.
So good luck with your Career and get something done and you say send him to MTL or other Rebuilding Teams is complete what Mascherin could looking for. You wanna have a Top6-Top9 Role then go on a rebuild Team you maybe get a Role there.

And at least when half of the Poster here, would work in the Panthers Organisation, we would have the baddest Reputation in the League.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Because I was pretty confident it would based on what I had heard. Panthers wanted him, that's a guarantee. In the end, Mascherin was the one who didn't want to sign.

Was Mascherin not returning the phone calls or why was there talk they were not talking to each other before the season.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Sorry all this ****ery and hateing on Mascherin is ridiculos.
I agree on former Poster he is young dont see a Career for him here or not in a Top Role. So he decided to go on a different.
So good luck with your Career and get something done and you say send him to MTL or other Rebuilding Teams is complete what Mascherin could looking for. You wanna have a Top6-Top9 Role then go on a rebuild Team you maybe get a Role there.

And at least when half of the Poster here, would work in the Panthers Organisation, we would have the baddest Reputation in the League.

What is with this passive crap from some of you? Aww, don't hate on him, he's just doing what's best for himself.

Well, I'm a Panthers fan, the Panthers used a valuable draft pick on him and he's deciding to screw them in the 11th hour. So this is not good for the team I like, so Mascherin can eat shit.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
What is with this passive crap from some of you? Aww, don't hate on him, he's just doing what's best for himself.

Well, I'm a Panthers fan, the Panthers used a valuable draft pick on him and he's deciding to screw them in the 11th hour. So this is not good for the team I like, so Mascherin can eat ****.

So what is he the first ever player who decided this Way? He says no to Panthers in the matter of none AHL playing and Roster spots problem.
I´m a panther Fan, but im not an Asshole to be bashing over a Player who not even played for this Franchise.

When i decide to move my working Spot, my former employer doesnt shout about me. Those Posts here are for a Prospect not even a Player of this Franchise.
When i look at this roster where should we place all this Prospects. Only in the AHL Team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chino Oscar

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Not the first, nor the last prospect to do this. It happens.

His reasons are his own. We should have to feel gutted over losing one prospect if we are confident in the others we have, which we are.

Besides, not every prospect we have can or will make the team either through traffic or circumstance. In this case, traffic.

It would have hurt more if he was a defenseman in my opinion.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
:laugh::laugh:

Gee, ol Brokin does it again. I told you all this guy has problems upstairs. Saying all that bull crap about nobody communicating with him and then the phony statements after getting his free dinner from McCabe. Although not the same situation, the analogy of money and arrogance is just like another guy.........Jonathan Drouin. Guys like that are a cancer on your team as it's all about #1. Mother Karma always pays them back in spades.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
:laugh::laugh:

Gee, ol Brokin does it again. I told you all this guy has problems upstairs. Saying all that bull crap about nobody communicating with him and then the phony statements after getting his free dinner from McCabe. Although not the same situation, the analogy of money and arrogance is just like another guy.........Jonathan Drouin. Guys like that are a cancer on your team as it's all about #1. Mother Karma always pays them back in spades.
Well, Hyman asked out and He's playing with Matthews. When is Mother Karma going after him?

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Well, Hyman asked out and He's playing with Matthews. When is Mother Karma going after him?
You know, it's one thing to opt out for personal reasons and quite another to make up stories. I'm never happy when a drafted player goes elsewhere but Hyman was and is a good guy. I suspect his reasons were likely two-fold. He wanted to play in his hometown of Toronto and the Cats are and were a joke around the league as an organization. I think the tide could be turning provided Viola/Cifu are learning how to run an organization where decisions are not based on emotion and West Point nepotism...........time will tell. :)

Reactions: Little Bobby Boo

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Reactions: ShootIt

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Panthers lose 30 goal scorer to Vegas: "Get over it, he's gone, it's not a big deal!"

Panthers lose junior prospect who has never played a pro game in his life: "Big mistake, this is terrible, we just lost a great player!"

Usually on your side...

Can't remember anyone saying "no big deal" to losing both JAM and Smith though !

Wrong statement.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I wonder if this was already brewing during the offseason and that's why management didn't want him at training camp (bad influence on the other guys if he's there with a "who cares, I won't be with this team next year anyway" -attitude).

Just get some assets back, hopefully a second rounder.

Usually you end up getting decent value back when a guy doesn't sign.
Only way we get value is, that there's a list of teams Mascherin is willing to sign with and those said teams get in a bidding war for his services. Even then best case scenario we get a 3rd rounder or a prospect (drafted somewhere around rounds 3-5 last or the years prior). Worst case scenario Mascherin wants to re-enter the draft and all he's worth is a conditional 6th or 7th to a team hoping to change his mind.

Reactions: jvr32

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I wonder if this was already brewing during the offseason and that's why management didn't want him at training camp (bad influence on the other guys if he's there with a "who cares, I won't be with this team next year anyway" -attitude).

Only way we get value is, that there's a list of teams Mascherin is willing to sign with and those said teams get in a bidding war for his services. Even then best case scenario we get a 3rd rounder or a prospect (drafted somewhere around rounds 3-5 last or the years prior). Worst case scenario Mascherin wants to re-enter the draft and all he's worth is a conditional 6th or 7th to a team hoping to change his mind.
Hard to believe or we would have traded him sooner than later. And it sounds like we were trying to sign him.

Reactions: BabyBarkov and BB88

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Hard to believe or we would have traded him sooner than later. And it sounds like we were trying to sign him.

This. We did everything we could, as far as I know. It just turns out that he doesn't want to sign here. If he doesn't want to sign, you can't make him.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
It's ok, we have Stillman signed remember :sarcasm:

Playing with Matthews is Karma's way of rewarding him for his last name lolol

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Unsigned CHL prospects don't have a whole lot value though.

FWIW, the Flyers just traded the rights of a 6th round pick from NCAA and got back a 3rd round 2019 pick in return.

Given Mascherin's resume, the fact that he was a 2nd round pick, wouldn't be surprised if we got a decent return.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
FWIW, the Flyers just traded the rights of a 6th round pick from NCAA and got back a 3rd round 2019 pick in return.

Given Mascherin's resume, the fact that he was a 2nd round pick, wouldn't be surprised if we got a decent return.
Marody has another year left until he can opt for free agency, so the two cases aren't really comparable.

Mascherin's draft position means very little when he's holding all the cards and the teams interested in him know that. A 3rd round pick would be a positive surprise, but I'm not counting on it. All depends whether he has a list of teams he'd sign with and if those teams are interested.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Marody has another year left until he can opt for free agency, so the two cases aren't really comparable.

Mascherin's draft position means very little when he's holding all the cards and the teams interested in him know that. A 3rd round pick would be a positive surprise, but I'm not counting on it. All depends whether he has a list of teams he'd sign with and if those teams are interested.

Only that i understand it correct, he is able to sign with a Team befor he get re-drafted? Or will join the Draft befor the FA Signings? Isn´t it that he get in the Draft before he is able to sign with a Team he likes? and the rights for him run till 1st July?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad