Value of: Adam Larsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Is this guy good
How much

It is probably more of an available versus so good everyone has to have him.

If Larsson would take an extension, you could get bodies, if he wouldn't, you get picks.

I'm not sure if GMJN2.0 would be willing to abandon his Nils Lundkvist experiment, but I would hazard a guess Dallas would ideally make a deal around Lundkvist+ for Larsson.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Could Seattle be open to moving him?

1 year left after this season at $4 million cap hit. $4.5 million in actual dollars.
In my opinion there are not many players on our current NHL roster that I would consider "untouchable". I would see Beniers, McCann and Dunn as the players to build around. I would love to keep Bjorkstrand and Larsson as well, but I would be amenable to moving them. However, I am not sure Francis feels the same and/or if other GM's would pay him what he is looking for in a trade.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
1st, Garland and a prospect not named Lekkerimaki or Willander. Some might consider Bruszkewitz (sp) untouchable, I'm not sure I do.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Unsurprised how many Oiler fans want Larsson back. He always got a free pass here. Dude half assed it for basically all but one season in Edmonton. No thanks from this Oiler fan.

I do think he’d get a 1st or 2nd+decent prospect from someone though.
Free pass? He was in the doghouse with fans before he got here. He didn't half ass it. He had ups and downs, but consistency isn't "half assing" anything, that implies that the effort wasn't there. The only time you could suggest that the effort may not have been there was during the period when he was grieving the loss of his father. The guy isn't a robot. I mean, if you don't want him back that's fine, but to characterize him as having character issues like "half-assing" his play is pretty rotten.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Broberg and foegele.

I know he's not coming back to Edmonton and respect it but he is exactly what we need!!

Nurse Larsson
Ek bouch
Kulak Ceci

A bust and a 3rd liner...
1665740531-zidane-chad-removebg-preview.png

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This thread isn't about him and the Leafs but I can't lie he'd be a perfect fit here

Rielly Brodie

Larsson McCabe
looks like a solid top 4 to me.

It sounds like Tanev is Treliving #1 target but for me it would be Larsson because of the extra year.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
This thread isn't about him and the Leafs but I can't lie he'd be a perfect fit here

Rielly Brodie

Larsson McCabe
looks like a solid top 4 to me.

It sounds like Tanev is Treliving #1 target but for me it would be Larsson because of the extra year.
I've lost interest in any Flames assets, saw a cpl reports that for some reason the owner of the Flames wants a premium from the Leafs due to Brad.

Nov 1, 2011
1st and Myers…trade Myers at the deadline for something more.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Larsson was a beast for the Kraken last year. Looks to have come back down to earth now.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
I'd do the Canucks 1st + Podkozlin/Brzustewicz/Lekkerimaki + another minor asset
i am not a canucks fun but you guys are throwing this name brzustewicz away like he is nothing i for one wish the leafs had this prospect see him all the time and he is destroying the O offensively i think he is the best D in the OHL and am very suprised the americans didn't invite him to the world jr team very surprised, so canuck fans you have a very good one here i wouldn't be floating him on any trade unless its worth while...just saying

Reactions: Paddys Pub

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
With Hall’s career seemingly over, the 1 for 1 trade isn’t that awful. He had the 93 point season in Jersey but it’s been all down hill since

I never thought the trade was as bad as people made it out to be. In fact, if Larsson was signed long term on the Oilers he would have been more valuable to them than Hall for the last 3 years, and going forward.
A lot of negativity about Larsson might have come from Leaf fans who needed to downplay the importance of having good defenders because they didn't have many at the time. They mostly likely thought they should be able to trade a good defender for a quantity trade consisting mostly of their scraps. IIRC.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
With Hall’s career seemingly over, the 1 for 1 trade isn’t that awful. He had the 93 point season in Jersey but it’s been all down hill since

I thought it was a bad deal at the time. Not because Hall was bad or anything but because Larsson delivered value to this team that we couldn't replace for several years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad