Value of: Adam Larsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Bidding war if he’s on the market. Easily a first (20-30OA, considering the clubs most interested) and one of that club’s top prospects. There would need to be equal (or close to equal money) going back to balance the cap, and interested clubs would be at the cap ceiling.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
I'd do Brannstrom and Det/Bos 1st for Larsson at 2M. I think he's exactly what we need, assuming Chabot isn't out for the year.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
One of the better stay-at-home RHD in the league, physical, still in his prime, and signed to a very reasonable contract for another year after this? Yeah...Larsson would fetch a big haul.

Definitely starting with a 1st or Top Prospect. Adding significant pieces from there.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Larsson also has a 10 team no trade list. Should we assume the usual suspects are on it (the Canadian teams)?

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
I cant see Seattle trading him, they are having a bad year but likely want to try to be competitive going forward.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If he didn't spurn us and clearly didn't want to be in Edmonton, I would've absolutely love Larsson back on the Oilers.

Just a solid stay at home shut-down Dman with a bit of an edge. We really need him back.
People change. He wanted to go elsewhere, but time away might have made him more palatable to a return.

If he has interest in re-signing in Edmonton, I would do a 1st Vincent Desharnais, and a 2nd or top prospect for him. If it's only for a cup push I am less interested and would probably be outbid. We might have to include a cap dump too, depending on how late that deal goes down and our cap situation at the time. Ideally he comes in and we run Nurse - Larsson, Ekholm - Bouchard, and Kulak - Ceci.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Unsurprised how many Oiler fans want Larsson back. He always got a free pass here. Dude half assed it for basically all but one season in Edmonton. No thanks from this Oiler fan.

I do think he’d get a 1st or 2nd+decent prospect from someone though.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Unsurprised how many Oiler fans want Larsson back. He always got a free pass here. Dude half assed it for basically all but one season in Edmonton. No thanks from this Oiler fan.

I do think he’d get a 1st or 2nd+decent prospect from someone though.
Half-assing it or not, he was still one of the better defensive defencemen we’ve had in the last decade.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Canucks offer a 1st and Podkolzin. (Including a cap dump somewhere to make cap work.)

Probably an overpayment for some but that's the price to pay for a shutdown Dman.

Reactions: Vector

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
With Hall’s career seemingly over, the 1 for 1 trade isn’t that awful. He had the 93 point season in Jersey but it’s been all down hill since

I am one of the few thought this was a great trade for the Oilers. They got a young, top pairing shutdown D that was signed for 5 years. A much bigger need for the Oilers than Hall. The problem was that literally every other transaction Ciarelli did was terrible. Reinhart, lucic, reverse red paperclipping Eberle just to name a few.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad