Value of: Adam Henrique to Pittsburgh

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What would be the cost to get Henrique in Pittsburgh? I imagine a potential deal would be based around Kapanen and futures for Henrique at Kapanen's salary ($3.2 million). Would a similar value package to what the Penguins paid for Rakell last year be a starting point?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Kapanen doesn't do much for me, he's 26 and everyone still hopes he'll figure it out. Not saying he's a bad player but I rather just keep Henrique since we need vets in the locker room and he plays well with any line.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I think Kapanen has basically no value at this point and is just included for salary reasons. Same situation as Beauvillier in the Horvat deal. He's not adding or subtracting value from the package, he's just there to make the money work.
True.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What would be the cost to get Henrique in Pittsburgh? I imagine a potential deal would be based around Kapanen and futures for Henrique at Kapanen's salary ($3.2 million). Would a similar value package to what the Penguins paid for Rakell last year be a starting point?
If a team is willing to send back a 1st for retained Henrique…. And prospect/later pick for cap dump to make the trade work I’m 100% for it

Henrique at 3.2
For
Pitt 1st
Kapanen
+ prospect/pick(nothing super significant maybe 4th round pick in 24 )

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

As stated, I think Anaheim holds out for a more premium return or keeps him until next deadline.

The ability to retain his cap hit down as far as just below 3M for this year and next, plus possibly take back cap as needed, should erase much chance of seeing him dealt for spare parts.

Rakell was an impending FA who the Ducks could not agree to terms with on a new contract. That was a take the best you can get situation.

Henrique not only has been more productive than Ricky was prior to the trade, but also has that center/winger versatility and an extra year on his deal. I think all signs point to a better return, if he's going to be dealt this year (assuming significant retention is involved, which seems quite likely).

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If a team is willing to send back a 1st for retained Henrique…. And prospect/later pick for cap dump to make the trade work I’m 100% for it

Henrique at 3.2
For
Pitt 1st
Kapanen
Yeah, I'm not paying a 1st for Henrique. At all.

I'd rather not have him than figure out a deal around us sending out a first.

I'd do Kapanen for Comtois though.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, I'm not paying a 1st for Henrique. At all.

I'd rather not have him than figure out a deal around us sending out a first.

I'd do Kapanen for Comtois though.
And that’s fine, either a team pays that price this year or we hold him to next year where he prob still gets that price.

Why would we do kapanen for comtois

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
And that’s fine, either a team pays that price this year or we hold him to next year where he prob still gets that price.

Why would we do kapanen for comtois
I do like Anaheim, so I do hope you get that price. Just not from the Penguins.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I do like Anaheim, so I do hope you get that price. Just not from the Penguins.
Hopefully… I feel like Carolina, Toronto, Boston, avs, devils, jets and oilers are prob the teams
That would have interest in him.

2 years of a versatile forward… can play all 3 forward positions, and move up and down the line up while helping out on pk/pp and face off… def a team that will see huge value on him for 2 playoff runs at 3-3.5

Reactions: McDonald19

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Hopefully… I feel like Carolina, Toronto, Boston, avs, devils, jets and oilers are prob the teams
That would have interest in him.

2 years of a versatile forward… can play all 3 forward positions, and move up and down the line up while helping out on pk/pp and face off… def a team that will see huge value on him for 2 playoff runs at 3-3.5
If we (Carolina) miss out on getting Meier, Henrique is the next player I hope we target. After that, ROR.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I think Henrique is exactly the kind of player the Pens should go after if they are trying to win this year and next, and I also think the Ducks would be justified in asking for a first round pick for him. I don't know if it's worth it for the Pens or not, but some team would probably pay that price.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If the Ducks are not getting a 1st, no reason to even make that trade.
I mean I’ll take a good forward prospect + pick , Something I assume Carolina might offer

Not obsessed with the 1st idea… if we get a 2nd and a forward prospect our staff… + pick we have more than enough assets to get back into 1st round if we want

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I mean I’ll take a good forward prospect + pick , Something I assume Carolina might offer

Not obsessed with the 1st idea… if we get a 2nd and a forward prospect our staff… + pick we have more than enough assets to get back into 1st round if we want
The fact that Carolina wouldn't have to send Anaheim back salary or require retention on Henrique could make a slightly lower return easier to accept as well.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Henrique at 3.2
For
Pitt 1st
Kapanen

Yeah this is a completely fair ask, but with the Penguins season being questionable, I wouldn't be comfortable with trading their 1st right now.

It's kinda the same situation as the Boeser discussion with the Penguins being linked. If I knew the 1st was going to be 25th overall, I'd be fine with it. But the Penguins are in such an iffy position in the standings that a bad stretch can easily have their 1st round be sitting at something like 12th overall, with the potential for it being a lottery pick. Lottery protecting it likely won't help much, because the team probably isn't going to get better as it gets older.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
The fact that Carolina wouldn't have to send Anaheim back salary or require retention on Henrique could make a slightly lower return easier to accept as well.
Yes but you’d have to hope either the Ducks really don’t want to take any money back or that no other team will sweeten the pot because they have to include extra cap.

For example, I’d obviously rather take 1st + prospect + short term cap dump over CAR 1st and nothing else.

We have a ton of cap space and we were willing to take on Dadonov last year, so I would guess Verbeek has some budget to work with.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
1st for Henrique now? jesus is every player on every roster worth a 1st all of a sudden? Pens should rebuild and trade our players for 1sts.
He is a defensively responsible 50 point 30 goal forward that can play all 3 positions signed for another year for what would be under 3 mil.

How much do you think he should fetch?….

Reactions: McDonald19

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He aint a player I would trade a 1st for.
But a team that’s window is now…. May think much differently.

2 years of a 50 point 2 way guy that can do anything you ask would be a big add for any serious contender. He’s basically the ideal pick up for most teams and you’ll have him for 2 years at likely a discounted price

If you wouldn’t waste a 1st on Henrique for 2 years who would you waste a 1st on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad