Player Discussion Adam Fox

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
The interesting thing isn't that it's if he plays at this level deep into his career then he becomes a Hall of Famer. It's that he already basically has a Hall of Fame prime locked up and another decade of being a good NHLer is probably enough to get him a plaque.
You are likely right.

Fox is probably the player I enjoy watching most on the team. The small deceptive plays all over the ice and smooth blind passes to open wingers in the offensive zone are what makes him stand apart from his peers.

But I think if I didn't watch him every game, I would fail to see what makes him a great player. It's not as flashy as other elite guys in the league.

It's more his consistency of great plays throughout a game that other NHL players could also make, but way way less often than Fox.

If he somehow drops off in performance, I could his critics running away with a "he was overrated" or a "power play merchant" type narrative just because he isn't a pure highlight machine like Makar is.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I mean it should be inarguable that he's a top 5 D in the league and probably top 3 at any given time and a good shot to win the Norris any given season. If he wasn't injured last year who knows where he'd have ended up. Players like that don't come along often, I thought it'd be years and years before the Rangers had someone even as good as McDonagh on their blueline after they traded him.

But yeah he's not physically imposing or super fast or have a huge slapshot,, he's just one of the best players in the NHL.

It also often shows me that some people who yell about wanting a physical D have no idea how a player needs to use their size effectively for positioning and separating players from the puck, they just want to see someone throw hits and bounce off the boards.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
My second hockey jersey ever and and my first since 2000 or 2001 and first one that actually has a name on the back. I think if you get one jersey his is the best to get. His future is much more solid with the team. No idea what will happen to Panarin and Shesterkin.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He's obviously the best D the Rangers have had since Leetch and again who knows how long it'll be before they have someone as good let alone better. He could easily have a hall of fame career.

That's all to say, stop tying a boat anchor around his neck (Lindgren) and asking him to tow the team ashore

Reactions: ecemleafs

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
My second hockey jersey ever and and my first since 2000 or 2001 and first one that actually has a name on the back. I think if you get one jersey his is the best to get. His future is much more solid with the team. No idea what will happen to Panarin and Shesterkin.
Fox was the second named jersey I got since a Lundqvist Winter Classic one, and I still get a little kick out of how I got it. Went to a game in 2019 right after they drafted Kakko and signed Fox and was excited to grab Kakko's jersey ("He's the highest draft pick I've ever been alive to see, 2OA always turn into superstars!" I told myself). The concession stand I went to at the front was out of Kakko jerseys so I "settled" for a Fox jersey instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad