Confirmed with Link: Adam Fox wins the Norris Trophy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I’m just happy Hedman didn’t win it. He shouldn’t have even been in the conversation. Fox and Makar were both significantly better.

Platano King

Current mood
Jun 13, 2019
San Diego
I'm legit surprised the NHL didn't give Hedman the reputation award, but I'm so psyched.

Only players to win the Norris in their second year? Fox and f***in Bobby Orr. This definitely won't be his last.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
The right guy won it.Feels like Brian Leetch has returned to Rangers and a right handed one this time.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
View attachment 450441

The night RangerBoy chose violence

I love Fox. If Tony was here, Quinn would have played Tony on the first unit. I remember in the last game Tony played with the Rangers. Quinn had both Fox and Deangelo out there together on the PP. They looked good together.

Fox skated in 55 games with the Rangers this past season, registering five goals and 42 assists for 47 points, along with a plus-19 rating and 14 penalty minutes. He led NHL defensemen in assists, ranked second in points and power play assists (21), tied for second in power play points (23), ranked third in takeaways (38), ranked 11th in average ice time (24:42), and tied for 16th in plus/minus rating in 2020-21. Fox was the first NHL defenseman who led all defensemen in assists in one of his first two seasons in the league since Sergei Zubov in 1993-94; he and Zubov are the only NHL defensemen who have outright led NHL defensemen in assists while in one of their first two seasons in the league since 1925-26. Fox was the only NHL player who logged at least 200:00 of power play ice time and at least 140:00 of shorthanded ice time in 2020-21. Among the 49 NHL defensemen who logged at least 115:00 of shorthanded ice time during the season, Fox ranked ninth in power play goals against per 60 minutes of shorthanded ice time (5.45).

Adam Fox Named Winner of Norris Trophy for 2020-21 Season

The PP time played a big role in winning the award.

Would that have been possible with Tony on the team? Probably not.

Fox was given the opportunity and he grabbed it. He is a great player.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Good things happen when talent and preparation meet opportunity.

That’s as true for hockey players as it is anyone else.

I read things in the last few weeks about Kakko and Lafreniere being underwhelming. They haven't had the opportunity. Some people were talking about Kreider having a 40 goal season next season. That would be awful for the Rangers. Lafreniere needs to play more. Will all 3 left wingers get there? Panarin. Lafreniere. Kreider. No. There is not enough quality time for all three players to max out their production. I don't know if I am explaining my point very well.

Fox took advantage of the opportunity. He won the Norris. The Rangers would benefit with their two young wingers getting a better opportunity.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
5f04rh.jpg

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I read things in the last few weeks about Kakko and Lafreniere being underwhelming. They haven't had the opportunity. Some people were talking about Kreider having a 40 goal season next season. That would be awful for the Rangers. Lafreniere needs to play more. Will all 3 left wingers get there? Panarin. Lafreniere. Kreider. No. There is not enough quality time for all three players to max out their production. I don't know if I am explaining my point very well.

Fox took advantage of the opportunity. He won the Norris. The Rangers would benefit with their two young wingers getting a better opportunity.

Kreider needs to be stapled to the 3rd line with Chytil and Kravtsov.

Lafreniere will get his minutes and hopefully replaces Strome on the 1st PP unit.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I am legit stunned the NHL did this but so happy for this kid. Well deserved and now has his name on the hardware with the greats.

Can't take that away ever.

Congrats!

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Example #13428732 of "This is why people hate Larry Brooks," this is how he starts his Fox Norris article:

Adam Fox, the 2020-21 Norris Trophy winner who walks with giants named Bobby Orr, Brian Leetch, Doug Harvey and Harry Howell, has consistently credited David Quinn and the Rangers’ coaching staff for his rocket ride to the NHL’s upper echelon after just two years in the league.

That would be the coaching staff that, other than Benoit Allaire, was dismissed in its entirety by incoming president/general manager Chris Drury four days after the season ended.

Larry, we get it, you don't like the Gallant hiring. Just write an article about a 2nd year Dman winning a major award and shut the f*** up.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
So how much will the TDA fiasco cost us in the future in terms of being forced to pay a Norris Trophy winner?? ;)

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Hey, the C ruined McDonaugh so why not.

The same McDonagh who is arguably the best DMan on what appears to be a repeating Stanley Cup champion?

He got injured as a Ranger and some thought he was playing worse because he had a C on his sweater.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I love Fox. If Tony was here, Quinn would have played Tony on the first unit. I remember in the last game Tony played with the Rangers. Quinn had both Fox and Deangelo out there together on the PP. They looked good together.

Adam Fox Named Winner of Norris Trophy for 2020-21 Season

The PP time played a big role in winning the award.

Would that have been possible with Tony on the team? Probably not.

Fox was given the opportunity and he grabbed it. He is a great player.
I don’t disagree.

The person that really got f***ed over the most by Tony being a mental case was himself.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Priorae

Apr 21, 2017
New Jersey
It was obvious from game 1 how different this guy was. Whole games where it was hard to find even one minor mistake. There's so much to like about the defense right now.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Example #13428732 of "This is why people hate Larry Brooks," this is how he starts his Fox Norris article:

Larry, we get it, you don't like the Gallant hiring. Just write an article about a 2nd year Dman winning a major award and shut the f*** up.

hey uncle Larry, lets remember Quinn took ADA off the PP entirely. Arguably our best offensive D on the the point since the Leetch/Zubov days, and served his minutes to Fox on a silver platter. They why it happened, The cause of it is irrelevant. The point is it happened. If Quinn doesn’t cut ADA out totally, Fox would never have a chance to step up and seize the opportunity. Good on Fox for stepping up to the plate. What he did this year was truly remarkable, and he’s going to be fantastic for us for a long time I hope.
If only the mighty Quinn had the same foresight with LaF and Kakko by cutting Strome entirely off the PP, or limiting Blackwells role, so maybe they could each get a 10 game stretch or so for them to seize the moment like Fox did. Or maybe they just weren’t ready?.. we’ll never know cause the circumstances are different. We can’t go back in time.
So Larry babes, cause I know your reading, maybe before pointing out all the Good things Quinn did, which there are good things, make no mistake about it, maybe level them up to the incompetent decisions and huge mistakes he made. Let’s see which category he has more in. Successes or failures. That’s why Quinn is gone Lar, it’s the only reason he’s gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad