Player Discussion Adam Clendening

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Yeah, I was under the impression Clendening would get run out of the building by big scary Columbus and not ***** slap them whenever he stepped on the ice.

Big tough Columbus team with 16 hits in the game. They killed us with speed. Clendo had a good game.

Color me shocked that when a player gets consistent playing time, they play better.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I like the article about Clendo, but can someone explain why we need a top-9 forward? Buch is rotting away and who exactly is coming out of the top 9? Brooks keeps harping on acquiring a top-9 forward that we have no need for.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Meh.

Just because 4 is a better fit right now on the right side than 5, 8, or 22, doesn't mean he's the solution.

Smith is better than Clendening.
Franson is better than Clendening.

BUT THE KICKER IS, if either of those guys (or anyone else) are acquired, is that 4 should remain in the lineup.

I would prefer Franson. Smith is on his off side, and even if he's comfortable there, I'd rather play Clendo.

They 100% can still do this, but would require sitting Girardi and trading Klein and Holden. I don't see that happening.

McDonagh-Shattenkirk
Staal-Franson
Skjei-Clendo
Girardi

Realistically, it's trade for Shattenkirk or Franson, move Klein.

McDonagh-Shattenkirk/Franson
Staal-Holden
Skjei-Girardi
Clendo

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't get it either.

Unless we're dealing for a Roussel, where there is a clear upgrade (though perhaps, unnecessary) it's not something that should be done.

We've got 2 holes on this team in Staal and G which need to be addressed. I'll take a "bottom pairing D" if it by any chance can knock one of them out of the lineup.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I like the article about Clendo, but can someone explain why we need a top-9 forward? Buch is rotting away and who exactly is coming out of the top 9? Brooks keeps harping on acquiring a top-9 forward that we have no need for.
Well the two he names are RH trigger men who I think would help most of on the PP. He doesn't mention that, oddly, but that's how I see it.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I love that this is what you took from his performance tonight.

FWIW I thought Staal was easily the worst player on the ice last night--which should answer Geoff Gorden and maybe or maybe not you. And Clendening's played pretty well all things considered but whether you like it or not that was both an awful and a stupid penalty he took that served 0 purpose and gave the Jackets a lead they didn't relinquish and if you want to be taken seriously you're going to have to acknowledge at least once in a while when one of your favorites ****s up. It's not that hard to just admit that he ****ed up.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I would prefer Franson. Smith is on his off side, and even if he's comfortable there, I'd rather play Clendo.

They 100% can still do this, but would require sitting Girardi and trading Klein and Holden. I don't see that happening.

McDonagh-Shattenkirk
Staal-Franson
Skjei-Clendo
Girardi

Realistically, it's trade for Shattenkirk or Franson, move Klein.

McDonagh-Shattenkirk/Franson
Staal-Holden
Skjei-Girardi
Clendo

If GMJG could add Shattenkirk and Franson, while moving out Klein and Holden, and AV dressed the six best Dmen and slotted them accordingly, I could see the following:

McDonagh/Franson
Skjei/Shattenkirk
Staal/Clendening

Girardi

Pipe dream, I know.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Recoginizing strong play, or not wanting to waste the reliable Staal and Girardi's minutes in a non-competitive game.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Recoginizing strong play, or not wanting to waste the reliable Staal and Girardi's minutes in a non-competitive game.

Or a leading/trailing usage thing

NYR

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

probably neither

he might think staal and girardi are better overall and but i think he realizes clendenning is more likely to get you a goal even if he might give up more.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

kind of a flawed premise but idk how you can have such good shot metrics while being 'bad' in your own end. he definitely gets the puck out quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad