Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Let's talk just top 6 players:

Saad-Toews-DeBrincat
Kubalik-Strome-Kane

Vs
Tarasenko-O'Reilly-Schwartz
Perron-Schenn-Steen

I'm taking the Hawks group and it's not even close.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Just because Colliton puts a 30 goal scorer on the third line, it doesn’t mean the Hawks are deeper. The Hawks have worse players playing higher in the lineup than the Blues do.

Schenn > Strome
Perron > Saad
Schwartz > Nylander
Even ROR is having about the same or better impact as Toews
Disagree with all except Schwartz/Nylander

Just my opinion
Kane>>Tarasenko
Toews>O'Reilly
Saad>Perron
Strome=Schenn (Strome better offensively, Schenn better defensively)
Kubalik>Thomas

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Let's talk just top 6 players:

Saad-Toews-DeBrincat
Kubalik-Strome-Kane

Vs
Tarasenko-O'Reilly-Schwartz
Perron-Schenn-Steen

I'm taking the Hawks group and it's not even close.

Steen isn’t a top 6 player for them. If he got any less even strength time he’d be scratched.

I think the Blues are equal or better everywhere besides Kane vs Tarasenko

Reactions: d rake

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
How can you look at what these two teams have done the last two years and think they’re equal?

The Blues are better, and it’s really not that close.

Kane is really the only area where the Hawks are better.
I think the difference is coaching.

The Blues were worse than the Hawks(and dead last in the NHL) last year until they fired their coach. Makes a huge difference, no?

It's not always just talent. It's finding the right coach that maximizes the talent on the roster.

There's nothing I can do to get Bowman to whack Colliton before next December. I've always believed that's been the problem. Also, the only D on the Blues that I'd take over any of the top 4 on the Hawks roster are Pietrangelo and Parayko. Keith is at least as good as Parayko, and I'd take Murphy and de Haan over anyone else on their roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadianHawks

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
ya, I was being a bit hyperbolic there. Still, it’s ridiculous to say the Hawks roster is better

The Hawks roster isn't better. I don't think St. Louis' roster is light years better than the Hawks, but I do think it's better than ours. If the Hawks get some good development out of their kids, the Hawks likely have a better roster within the next two seasons, IMO.

Reactions: Naster Okan

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The Hawks roster isn't better. I don't think St. Louis' roster is light years better than the Hawks, but I do think it's better than ours. If the Hawks get some good development out of their kids, the Hawks likely have a better roster within the next two seasons, IMO.

I can buy that. You need Dach, Boqvist, and Mitchell to actually live up to what we think they will be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad