Adam Boqvist Appreciation Thread

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Because the polls leading up to the draft were Byram Vs Turcotte. And now Dach is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Lol

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Both Byram and Turcotte had meh D+1 seasons, while Dach showed he could handle the NHL with relative ease.

That doesn't mean he'll have a better career, but we are allowed to feel a hell of a lot better about that pick right now.

Honestly, no team that picked top ten last year should be all that down on their guy right now.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I remember my first time I got drunk...

Joke or not, trashing someone’s care makes you look like a douchebag.

Dach was not most people’s choice but he quickly showed that he has been the right pick so far. This has been the reason that opinions have evolved along with Byram and AT have just ok seasons. People are not blindly pumping Dach’s tires as he is showing on the ice he is a good player and a really smart pick.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
thumbs-up.png
Its almost like your/our line of work trains you how to deal with drunk assholes

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
:laugh:

Didn’t know you bartended as well. You in Chicago?
I was for like 8 years. I’m in Denver now and I guess I’m back to serving, currently at a killer bbq spot but the service industry is not like Chicago to say the least, so I’m starting to look into a career (mostly sales) where I can work remote. The girlfriend and I have been talking about moving into the mountains and the remote working would allow for that.

Where are you bartending at? Are you guys open/hows that been?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I was for like 8 years. I’m in Denver now and I guess I’m back to serving, currently at a killer bbq spot but the service industry is not like Chicago to say the least, so I’m starting to look into a career (mostly sales) where I can work remote. The girlfriend and I have been talking about moving into the mountains and the remote working would allow for that.

Where are you bartending at? Are you guys open/hows that been?

Bartending downtown. At least I was prior to COVID. The restaurant reopened a few weeks ago and it’s been a disaster. Terrible clientele and tips.

Now’s the time to get out of the industry and stay out. It’s not going to be the same for at least a few years.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
If Boqvist can stay healthy, he's got the skills to be a very good top-10 draft pick. He made a lot of progress since the 2019/20 season started and has looked very good in the scrimmages. I'm excited to see how he does against the Edmonton speed game. Really like the Kieth-Boqvist pairing.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Bartending downtown. At least I was prior to COVID. The restaurant reopened a few weeks ago and it’s been a disaster. Terrible clientele and tips.

Now’s the time to get out of the industry and stay out. It’s not going to be the same for at least a few years.

Did you have the option of staying on unemployment, or did the restaurant reopening leave you without a choice?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If Boqvist can stay healthy, he's got the skills to be a very good top-10 draft pick. He made a lot of progress since the 2019/20 season started and has looked very good in the scrimmages. I'm excited to see how he does against the Edmonton speed game. Really like the Kieth-Boqvist pairing.

I feel like the top-4 really isn’t that bad. Not sure if that’s because I have selective memory or what.

but I like

Keith-Boqvist
de Haan-Murphy

Reactions: CanadianHawks

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Did you have the option of staying on unemployment, or did the restaurant reopening leave you without a choice?

Little bit of both. They brought back 8 employees seemingly at random and I wasn’t one of them, thankfully. The ones who did have to go back immediately lost all of their unemployment benefits against their will, have to work an extra 2-3 hours a shift, 5-6 nights a week, and for 1/3rd of their normal pay.

It’s very upsetting. I was lucky enough not to be chosen to go back so I get to sit around on UI while my friends and coworkers get screwed.

Reactions: hawksrule

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Little bit of both. They brought back 8 employees seemingly at random and I wasn’t one of them, thankfully. The ones who did have to go back immediately lost all of their unemployment benefits against their will, have to work an extra 2-3 hours a shift, 5-6 nights a week, and for 1/3rd of their normal pay.

It’s very upsetting. I was lucky enough not to be chosen to go back so I get to sit around on UI while my friends and coworkers get screwed.
This is so f***ed up. I feel like we pay enough In taxes where working-class people shouldn’t be royally f***ed like this

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This is so f***ed up. I feel like we pay enough In taxes where working-class people shouldn’t be royally f***ed like this

Well I don’t think they’ll be working for much longer. If cases are on the rise again and we go back to Phase 3 then the restaurant shuts down again. Allowing them to collect unemployment again

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Well I don’t think they’ll be working for much longer. If cases are on the rise again and we go back to Phase 3 then the restaurant shuts down again. Allowing them to collect unemployment again
While the country waits to see whether the Senate and White House will approve an extension of the $600 unemployment pittance for its serfs

Reactions: hawksrule

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
I feel like the top-4 really isn’t that bad. Not sure if that’s because I have selective memory or what.

but I like

Keith-Boqvist
de Haan-Murphy

It really isn't. We don't have a Norris Candidate anymore, but Keith is still a top pair D and De Haan and Murphy are second pair guys. They need to stay healthy and have Boqvist continue to develop into that top pair PMD, PP QB.

The system either needs to be fixed or the coach does. It was much more a system issue imo. People underestimate how much talent is still on this roster. Look at how bad teams like STL, EDM and NYI were under piss poor coaching and mediocre goaltending (last two years, not this past season) vs when they had very good coaches. The NHL has more parity since the expansion. In the previous 9 Seasons before Vegas was in the show, 4 teams won the Cup. Three of those being multiple cup winners. The parity was overplayed for about a decade. It seems the latest expansion and the game opening up has levelled the playing field. Having bad coaching, lots of injuries causing young D to get top minutes, and goalies miss time is a recipe for disaster in this league.

I'm willing to give Colliton a pardon on last year if he can knock off the Oilers here and get our young guys some much needed big game exp. If not, I would give him half of next year before we pull the cord if he starts slow. Too much talent to be in the bottom half of the conference for four years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad