Abbotsford Canucks | Training Camp Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

For me, there's a lot more interest there in the d than in the forwards. Up front, Lekerimaki is the only guy with a legitimate shot at a solid NHL career. On the back end, there's no big deal prospect like Lekerimaki, but maybe three with a chance.

I hope the organization will make Pettersson and Kudryavtsev priorities, with lots of ice time with veteran partners. There's no way that Kudryavtsev should be sent back to junior for an over-age season.

Reactions: Tritsche and tyhee

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
that's an ugly abby training camp roster. mueller, pettersson, kudryavtsev, lekkerimaki and sasson are the only names that are really relevant to the canucks. i guess maybe woo, felton, mcward and pdg are relevant too -- at least in the short term

they'll probably get aman and/or bains and maybe raty and friedman but that's still not much

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
For me, there's a lot more interest there in the d than in the forwards. Up front, Lekerimaki is the only guy with a legitimate shot at a solid NHL career. On the back end, there's no big deal prospect like Lekerimaki, but maybe three with a chance.

I hope the organization will make Pettersson and Kudryavtsev priorities, with lots of ice time with veteran partners. There's no way that Kudryavtsev should be sent back to junior for an over-age season.
If people knew nothing about their respective draft positions, knew only that they were both 20YO rookies, and had watched them play in the preseason-- would Kudryavtsev really be ranked a level or two below Lekkerimaki as a prospect?

There is zero chance that Kudryavtsev is going back to junior and I cannot even imagine now that he is going to be watching from the press box in favour of some 23-26YO guy who'll never be more than a call-up option. On merit, he should be ahead of Pettersson in the pecking order to begin the season, too.

Reactions: Lindgren

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That's a pretty crowded defense. Wonder who sticks in the top 6.

It's also missing Hirose as they can't send him down while injured.

Berzolla is an obvious ECHL guy and I doubt Arntsen plays D regularly for the team. From Ryan Johnson's comments it doesn't sound like Brisebois is overly good to play right now either and the team is being very careful with him.

But that's a lot of bodies and hopefully the guys who should be getting the icetime get the icetime they need.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
From Ryan Johnson's comments it doesn't sound like Brisebois is overly good to play right now either and the team is being very careful with him.
Yeah, I fear that Brisebois might be almost done and if that is the case, I'm just glad for him that it came after he signed the contract for 350k last season and 775k this season so that he comes out of his career with a half-decent financial start on life.

Kudryavtsev seems quite comfortable on the right side so they can move him around as desired/necessary.

Reactions: Peen and CanucksMJL

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah the forward prospect depth is sad once Raty and Lekk graduates. the price of going all in.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
It's also missing Hirose as they can't send him down while injured.

Berzolla is an obvious ECHL guy and I doubt Arntsen plays D regularly for the team. From Ryan Johnson's comments it doesn't sound like Brisebois is overly good to play right now either and the team is being very careful with him.

But that's a lot of bodies and hopefully the guys who should be getting the icetime get the icetime they need.
I’m certainly hoping EP and KK get some important minutes with important roles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad