Aaron Judge or Connor McDavid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Aaron Judge or Connor McDavid

• Aaron Judge

• Connor McDavid

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
I guess this poll needs to be framed more is it Judge this season versus McDavid last season? If it's just for this season, it's Judge, imo. If it's career impact it's McDavid no contest.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
McDavid probably doesn’t even make contact against an MLB pitcher. It’s just an irrelevant statement regardless.

You have to look at their dominance relative to their peers.
Agree, you made an irrelevant statement.
Judge won’t end up all time as high as McDavid will.
This is McDavid for the win.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Agree, you made an irrelevant statement.
Judge won’t end up all time as high as McDavid will.
This is McDavid for the win.
Judge being Bambi on skates and McDavid having a 0.00 batting average in a full season of MLB at bats has nothing to do with their respective impacts on their sport. You were the one who brought it up

Reactions: mattihp

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I guess this poll needs to be framed more is it Judge this season versus McDavid last season? If it's just for this season, it's Judge, imo. If it's career impact it's McDavid no contest.

I figured it was more just who is better right now in their primes relative to their league. In which case I think that’s McDavid overall based on consistency, but Judge is having a bit better year than McDavid just had. I assumed it wouldn’t be career, because that’s McDavid by a long shot, like you said, and Judge wouldn’t even have the best career out of his contemporaries like Trout.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
McDavid easily. As others have said, Ohtani and Trout are better baseball comparisons for McDavid. Judge is the best slugger of the 3 and a generational one too, but Ohtani (at least when he's pitching) and Trout are better all around players.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Ohtani > McDavid > Judge

Probably about right. Ohtani is a unicorn, no one can hit over 40 home runs and launch 100MPH fastballs.

McDavid and Judge are close but I say McDavid by a little.

Hand-Eye is a universal athletic skill, you suck at sports without it. He couldn’t handle a guy like prime Verlander or Kershaw but if an average starter threw McDavid 10 fastballs he’d absolutely connect on at least one of them. Judge was a three sport athlete and could probably skate at a low level.

Last edited:

WalterLundy

Nov 7, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
Yup the comp should be Ohtani . He’s basically doing things that have never been done. Gotta go him .
Judge has been better than Ohtani since Shohei made his debut. He has a better WAR in less games with Ohtani’s 15 pitching WAR boost. Ohtani is an incredible and unique talent but as arguably a bigger baseball fan than even hockey I’d say he’s got a ways to go to be close to McDavid in a relative sense. There is no player in baseball that is as good as McDavid relatively and I’d easily argue all of the big 4 sports. Especially statistically.

Attachments

• E8AFB936-3201-4535-9D32-A1AFC37BA561.png
    E8AFB936-3201-4535-9D32-A1AFC37BA561.png
    306.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 2E4B0CB6-7032-4259-A2C8-D8562DE27266.png
    2E4B0CB6-7032-4259-A2C8-D8562DE27266.png
    296.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Voight

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Im not asking career. By Offensive Runs above average, no one is close to Aaron Judge the past 3 seasons. WAR too. The gap is probably similar to GAR/WAR in NHL for Mcdavid.

1724530442467.png

He's easily the best player in baseball right now. Only guy close to Judge this year is Bobby Witt, who some are saying could be having the best season by an everyday shortstop ever, and he's still not all that close to Judge. If season ended right now Judge is MVP almost unanimously.

Ohtani isn't even pitching this year and being 30 and multiple Tommy John's it's kinda a stretch to just assume he will ever be a highly impactful pitcher again ontop of an elite hitter.

Mike Trout has obviosly had the better career to date and more consistent but his career is in serious jepoardy at this point, his days a superstar likely over. Peak for peak, there's a comparison. It's unlikely Judge and 6'7 frame age like wine, but if he does, and accumulates WAR around Trout's number which is unlikely to go up much more if at all, who knows. Especially if he find playoff success and wins a WS with NY.

This thread shows Judge is still underrated, really.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I still don’t think Ohtani has put it together enough to get that designation. Judge is a better hitter and plays a plus defensive position at a decent level. If he keeps it up this year he’ll have two seasons with a better WAR than any of Ohtani’s. Ohtani has to be the player he was last year both ant the plate and on the mound to be considered above McDavid and Judge and he’s only done that for 80% of one season.
I've always wondered if Ohtani being able to do both at a high level (hit and pitch) is why he's so highly regarded rather than because he's actually the *best* at hitting or the *best* at pitching.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Idk wasn’t judge a star basketball and football player too?

Seems like he’s just absurd natural freak athlete
yeah but skating and doing everything at the same time is prob a tough one to master. I mean who knows some people are just naturally good at everything they try, I would feel better putting money down that McDavid is a better baseball player than Judge is a hockey player though. I dunno just feels like a safe bet

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Judge is more like the Kucherov of hockey. Excellent player who can challenge the players above him on any given year.

Career wise up to this point I would take McDavid but over the shorter term I would take Judge

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I don't know shit about baseball but isn't Judge like not even the best player in baseball? McDavid on the other hand is in a tier all by himself.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Unless Ohtani is pitching he's not the best in the MLB. He provides nothing defensively. Witt Jr. is probably already better.

I don't know shit about baseball but isn't Judge like not even the best player in baseball?

This year he's the best.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
There are some better options to compare McDavid with in other sports. In the current the NFL; Mahomes is better, Justin Jefferson is better, and for the NBA; Jokic is better.

• Wow
Reactions: Golden_Jet

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
McDavid easily. As others have said, Ohtani and Trout are better baseball comparisons for McDavid. Judge is the best slugger of the 3 and a generational one too, but Ohtani (at least when he's pitching) and Trout are better all around players.
Trout is the most useless comparison. He’s cooked

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Probably the two most dominant athletes in major North American sports doing silly things in their sport.

Who do you find more impressive and dominant in their sport
Judge isn't even the most dominant baseballer for f*** sakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad