Value of: A Power Forward to play with Zegras

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Oct 18, 2011
Anaheim have been playing Nick Delauriers on his line because teams have taken liberties with him. I'd like to find a power forward who can finish off some plays to put with him but have no idea who could be out there

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
That's a tricky one. The likes of Matthew Tkachuk will be costly and make little sense for a rebuilding side and other rebuilding sides will want to keep their protectors. You might not get much better than what you have.

Maybe Kassian at the Oilers if they want to get rid of some salary but even then they are winning so....

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Kassian could probably be had due to future cap issues the Oil will face. He's played well this season but is overpaid for what he provides.

Swap for Grant? Edmonton saves cap and the extra year while adding a guy who can win draws. Ducks get a physical winger who will fight and has decent enough hands around the net.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Not sure we make a move for that.

Jones is out with an injury, I think he would be a good fit there
Comtois is out with an injury. Even tho Eakins did not like the defensive play with that combination, I think Commer is a decent option long term when they keep improving their game
Rakell is out with an injury. Not a prototypical power forward but he has picked up his physical play last years, is adequate defensively and obviously a lot to bring offensively
MacTavish is still too young maybe. And I guess projects as a center longterm even.

Not sure if we should make any big move now to be honest.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
How would you feel about a slightly used Evander Kane :naughty: he’s had a track record of strong on-ice performance, so if you have two future considerations laying around I’m pretty sure we have a deal.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kassian could probably be had due to future cap issues the Oil will face. He's played well this season but is overpaid for what he provides.

Swap for Grant? Edmonton saves cap and the extra year while adding a guy who can win draws. Ducks get a physical winger who will fight and has decent enough hands around the net.
Grant for Kassian would work for me tbh

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's a tricky one. The likes of Matthew Tkachuk will be costly and make little sense for a rebuilding side and other rebuilding sides will want to keep their protectors. You might not get much better than what you have.

Maybe Kassian at the Oilers if they want to get rid of some salary but even then they are winning so....
Somewhat agree, comtois Jones mctavish all fit that role a bit potentially. Cept comtois and mctavish really don’t fight at all

I’d def be willing to move any of them +(+) for a guy like tkachuk or Anderson tho

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
That would be sick. I’d hate to match up against that line.
If Greenway played every game with an edge like he did last night, next to Zegras and whoever they decide to put with them,would be a giant pain to play against. With Greenway looking like this is his last year in a wild uniform, i dont think the price would be unreasonable.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
If Greenway played every game with an edge like he did last night, next to Zegras and whoever they decide to put with them,would be a giant pain to play against. With Greenway looking like this is his last year in a wild uniform, i dont think the price would be unreasonable.
The price should be down right cheap.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
That would be an ideal choice tbh
I'm curious what the ducks could offer. Obviously wouldn't be some insane overpayment as Andersons contract is pretty long, but if the Habs could get good picks or prospects for one of their long contract players it helps the rebuild.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
The price should be down right cheap.
agreed. i know some fans would suggest a 1st+ because potential but realistically id accept a 2nd and no cap coming back and move on with my day. he can be really good. but can be gets old when he has already had 3 (to my knowledge) one on ones with the coach about his play and seems to regress back to meh after a game or two. IF he puts it all together, the kid will be a monster. i just dont believe he ever will.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm curious what the ducks could offer. Obviously wouldn't be some insane overpayment as Andersons contract is pretty long, but if the Habs could get good picks or prospects for one of their long contract players it helps the rebuild.
Ya it’s a bit tough, Anderson’s contract is a bit rough…. But man he’d look good on zegras wing.

would target Anderson tkachuk and Gallagher as high end targets

greenway/kassian as lower end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad