Value of: A Power Forward to play with Zegras

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Do you think the sharks are going to try and be a playoff team, or do you expect them to kinda start selling off some pieces and start building a new core around Eklund
I think they employ the same business strategy that worked so well for their neighbors the SF Giants. Spend money to make money. Which they hope equates to a filled arena. Normally I'd say that they'll look to try and win in order to put fannies in the seats but in the era of covid 19 I suspect it will be some time before we see arenas fill to capacity so the mandate might not still be in effect. In the end I can't see them making any moves until the deal line. If they continue to play okay then I see them as buyers. A steep decline will make the instant sellers. I know a bit fuzzy

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think they employ the same business strategy that worked so well for their neighbors the SF Giants. Spend money to make money. Which they hope equates to a filled arena. Normally I'd say that they'll look to try and win in order to put fannies in the seats but in the era of covid 19 I suspect it will be some time before we see arenas fill to capacity so the mandate might not still be in effect. In the end I can't see them making any moves until the deal line. If they continue to play okay then I see them as buyers. A steep decline will make the instant sellers. I know a bit fuzzy
It’s tough to tell in the pacific right now, feel like all the teams are a bit hazy

Reactions: Groo

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I would assume it would be like comtois + 22 2nd + 23 4th or something

but maybe I’m a lil high on Anderson’s value
I love Anderson, though I don’t understand why he doesn’t produce more offensively with all the tools he’s got. But still, pretty solid players with lots of intangibles when healthy. I would hate to see him goes.

that’s why I would ask for Comtois + 1st (protected) for him but understand it may be a little too much. So how about :

Anderson + Habs 2nd
For
Comtois + Ducks 1st (top 10 protected)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I love Anderson, though I don’t understand why he doesn’t produce more offensively with all the tools he’s got. But still, pretty solid players with lots of intangibles when healthy. I would hate to see him goes.

that’s why I would ask for Comtois + 1st (protected) for him but understand it may be a little too much. So how about :

Anderson + Habs 2nd
For
Comtois + Ducks 1st (top 10 protected)
Id consider something like that personally, closer to deadline if the team is doing well still, and comtois still kinda struggling to find his footing on team

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Puljujarvi and Koskinen for Gibson. He is becoming a top flight power forward and we need a goalie.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Puljujarvi and Koskinen for Gibson. He is becoming a top flight power forward and we need a goalie.

I saw the name of Armia popping, thought it was funny, he's big and somewhat physical but doesn't play a powerforward game at all, he won't 'protect' his teammates like the op asked.

Same can be said for Puljujarvi. (who's more skilled than Armia, that's for sure)

Anderson, E.Kane, Meier, the Tkachuk bros, Greenway, those are powerforwards.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Id consider something like that personally, closer to deadline if the team is doing well still, and comtois still kinda struggling to find his footing on team

I'm a Habs fan and I wouldn't ask for your 1st, that's for sure, your own offer was enticing though, Comtois + 22 2nd, I'd do it. Love Anderson but the Habs are a mess, and while Anderson is a rare breed nowadays, I think we'll waste his best years (he's 27, just entering prime) on the rebuild I envision the Habs will go through. How about Jones ? Haven't seen Anaheim play often, seems he didn't manage to get it going yet (and he's hurt right now ?), but can't he do the job if healthy ? (and if not, I know I wouldn't mind asking for him too, for another of our roster player and perhaps dropping the 2nd if need be)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm a Habs fan and I wouldn't ask for your 1st, that's for sure, your own offer was enticing though, Comtois + 22 2nd, I'd do it. Love Anderson but the Habs are a mess, and while Anderson is a rare breed nowadays, I think we'll waste his best years (he's 27, just entering prime) on the rebuild I envision the Habs will go through. How about Jones ? Haven't seen Anaheim play often, seems he didn't manage to get it going yet (and he's hurt right now ?), but can't he do the job if healthy ? (and if not, I know I wouldn't mind asking for him too, for another of our roster player and perhaps dropping the 2nd if need be)
Jones skill set is alright seems like a 3rd line energy winger… upside being josh Anderson but idk if he’ll make it to that

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
ANA is not in a position where they should be trading 1st round picks for Anderson-level players.

There's a time and place for that. For now, keep building through the draft.

IMO/YMMV.
If you can find a player that is a long term option…. I don’t see why you wouldn’t move a 1st

Now you can argue if Anderson is that guy... but he did offer a 2nd in return... if at the deadline this team still looks good and its a potential late 1st + comtois for anderson + 2nd.... you really arnt losing too much compared to what you are gaining.

And id easily move our 1st ++ for a guy like tkachuk or meier

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ain't trading no first round pick for Anderson signed for 6 years at 5.5 with a NTC. I'm good. His game doesn't suit for longevity.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
That would be an ideal choice tbh
It would take a massive overpayment, Anderson is not on the block

I would listen to that offer but not sure I would accept. We would't be far from a deal though good offer !

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Maybe I'm in the minority but I believe in the addage "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I know we always like to look for upgrades, but right now, with the way the team is playing, I don't touch anything. Definitely don't change that chemistry in the lockeroom. Comtois may be stinking it up on the ice, but he can turn it around, and Zegras and him could be best buds out of the rink.

Whatever mojo they have going on you should add to.

The only deal I like here is the Kassian for Grant. Bring in a heavy weight if someone is taking liberties, but otherwise status quo is A+ for me.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Anderson is not untouchable and some Habs fans are more eager to trade him than others. Anderson to me is part of my 3+ year rebuild core cause guys like that are hard to acquire. He's not a perfect power forward but.. that man can skate, is strong, and has a very good shot. He also has multiple levels and under the right situation, he is a force to deal with. A guy you want on your team in the playoffs.

If I was moving Anderson, I would be listening to all offers and there will be more than one. I might keep him in the end cause like it or not, I only move him in pry away value return. Not many will go that deep but some might.

Not sure I would bite on Comtois+ at this point. Don't hate Comtois but my strategy would be to go after guys not in the NHL yet and/or picks.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe I'm in the minority but I believe in the addage "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I know we always like to look for upgrades, but right now, with the way the team is playing, I don't touch anything. Definitely don't change that chemistry in the lockeroom. Comtois may be stinking it up on the ice, but he can turn it around, and Zegras and him could be best buds out of the rink.

Whatever mojo they have going on you should add to.

The only deal I like here is the Kassian for Grant. Bring in a heavy weight if someone is taking liberties, but otherwise status quo is A+ for me.
I’m opposite…. Def places we can improve upon… maybe not at this moment but you should def be looking at potential fits going forward

Zegras line has been alright but has a ton of room to be better…. Henrique finds points but is borderline useless for majority of game…. Grant is kinda just pushed out of the line up

Reactions: robbieboy3686

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Anaheim have been playing Nick Delauriers on his line because teams have taken liberties with him. I'd like to find a power forward who can finish off some plays to put with him but have no idea who could be out there

Lawson Crouse? He's one of the few bright spots in Arizona and plays a hard nosed game, but if there were some prime prospects and picks available I wouldn't be surprised if they would be willing to trade him to you. As a neutral fan I saw what Zegras could do against teams like the Caps and I think it'd be exciting if you could pair the two of them.

Reactions: bsu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad