Value of: A Power Forward to play with Zegras

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
it would have to be anderson ++ for a signed lindholm (7x7.25)
I’m hoping lindholm resigns here around 8 years 6.5 a year m…. But with his play this year might be closer to what you suggested…. Either way he’s our most important player outside of gibson

unless he says he doesn’t want to play here going forward, no chance of him being moved

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I'd also see the fit for Josh Anderson. Habs are imploding and we are well past due for a complete rebuild. Might as well trade the guy and even retain a little if it means a sweeter trade.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Miles Wood when he is back ?
He has good straight line speed and plays with grit but lacks the IQ to play with Zegras I think .
Devils are missing his style of game and could really use him back but perhaps a deal for a scoring winger might work? Thing is , Wood doesn't have enough value to acquire the type of scoring winger we need in a one for one deal

Reactions: Arthuros

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Anaheim have been playing Nick Delauriers on his line because teams have taken liberties with him. I'd like to find a power forward who can finish off some plays to put with him but have no idea who could be out there

If the Leafs are ready to end the Nick Ritchie experiment (seems premature) his return would probably be one of the better bang for buck options, mid pick and a decent prospect. Something like 3rd-5th + one of Hinds/Moore/MclAughlin/Tschigerl

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If the Leafs are ready to end the Nick Ritchie experiment (seems premature) his return would probably be one of the better bang for buck options, mid pick and a decent prospect. Something like 3rd-5th + one of Hinds/Moore/MclAughlin/Tschigerl
Ritchie is not ever going to be a Duck again. Nope. I rather have Des with him than 2 IQ Ritchie.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Anderson or Gallagher on the habs front, maybe both? For different roles?

Gallagher for his leadership skills and relentless heart and soul steady play. Good guy to have around an up and coming team (a thing it might takes a few years to have here in Mtl).

Anderson for his wrecking ball style of play, he can drop the gloves when needs be.

Those two would solidify Anaheim surprising seasons start.

I'm trying to find a salary dump that could be sent Habs way but all of Ducks players are performing up to their contracts. And no GM would be fond on taking the chance of breaking good chemistry on a hot and winning team.

So here's my suggestion:

Anderson + Gallagher

for

Kesler + 2022 1st (top-10 protected) + Jacob Perreault + 2023 2nd rd pick + Brendan Guhle

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
idk that id trade any of thos prospects + pick for ritchie lol

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Gallagher for his leadership skills and relentless heart and soul steady play. Good guy to have around an up and coming team (a thing it might takes a few years to have here in Mtl).

Anderson for his wrecking ball style of play, he can drop the gloves when needs be.

I'm trying to find a salary dump that could be sent Habs way but all of Ducks players are performing up to their contracts. And no GM would be fond on taking the chance of breaking good chemistry on a hot and winning team.

So here's my suggestion:

Anderson + Gallagher

for

Kesler + 2022 1st (top-10 protected) + Jacob Perreault + 2023 2nd rd pick + Brendan Guhle
Value seems fine but man both of those contracts look potentially rough towards the end. Prob prefer you take Henrique back over kesler contract.

Doubt wed go for both as it seems a little reckless long term.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Forsberg isn't quite the pure net driver power forward that some of these others are, but I'd argue he is enough power forward and more finisher than the others listed in this thread.

If Anaheim stays hot and Nashville tails off with play and stale contract negotiations I could see Forsberg being moved. What would they offer for Forsberg if there is interest?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Forsberg isn't quite the pure net driver power forward that some of these others are, but I'd argue he is enough power forward and more finisher than the others listed in this thread.

If Anaheim stays hot and Nashville tails off with play and stale contract negotiations I could see Forsberg being moved. What would they offer for Forsberg if there is interest?
He would be amazing but I think he's a pipe dream for the Ducks.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I feel like most of our offers would be around
Comtois + 1st(protected) but i think wed be looking for a long term fit... not an expiring contract.... would consider adding for players with time on contract/rfas and potential extentions.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Right handed winger would be ideal, since Milano already has chemistry with Zegras.

Milano-Zegras-Anderson
Henrique-Getzlaf-Terry
McTavish-Lundestrom-Silfverberg
Deslauriers-Grant-Carrick

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah we get that a lot. It's why I made the price low.
Do you think the sharks are going to try and be a playoff team, or do you expect them to kinda start selling off some pieces and start building a new core around Eklund

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Any interest in Comtois?
Honestly I was a fan of his pre draft but haven't followed him much since, doesn't look like he's doing all that much right now. Is he someone who should still be developing in the A ? Him and Caufield and the rest of laval would be a good spot for him to continue

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly I was a fan of his pre draft but haven't followed him much since, doesn't look like he's doing all that much right now. Is he someone who should still be developing in the A ? Him and Caufield and the rest of laval would be a good spot for him to continue
He was our leading scorer last year, this year supposedly is dealing with an injury.... and based on how he looked on the ice that makes a lot of sense. He is fine at NHL level.

Also got engaged in offseason and that always seems like the touch of death for anaheim duck players

If we can move him for a more established nhl top 6 forwards... id be okay with it. Still think hell end up a top 6 player with 30 goal potential

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He was their leading scorer last year on the Ducks. He’s not doing well this year though. If you have a chance to grab Comtois, you do it… and as a Leafs fan, I’d hate that.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
He was their leading scorer last year on the Ducks. He’s not doing well this year though. If you have a chance to grab Comtois, you do it… and as a Leafs fan, I’d hate that.
Like I said I haven't watched him and didn't know he led the team last year lol, appreciate the info. I just think it's a risk for a proven anderson, maybe a small add idk honestly

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

So here's my suggestion:

Anderson + Gallagher

for

that deal sucks for montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad