A new contender for worst broadcaster of all time (Leah Hextall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
You guys are just proving my point that she is judged harshly because she is female. People are exaggerating how bad she is.

Name one good female announcer in your eyes. I'll wait...
Cheryl Pounder is great. It is ironic that your crowd do exactly what you claim others are doing. You won't criticize her simply because she is a female. There are many good female commentators/analysts. Hextall is terrible, it is okay to admit that.

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Cheryl Pounder is great. It is ironic that your crowd do exactly what you claim others are doing. You won't criticize her simply because she is a female. There are many good female commentators/analysts. Hextall is terrible, it is okay to admit that.

Let's not start with the "your crowd" shit.

• Haha
Reactions: sufferer and AzHawk

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Can ESPN let us know what their hiring quotas for unqualified diversity personnel are? How many more Hextalls will we be subjected to?
I grew up watching and listening to Keith Jackson, Al Michaels and Vin Scully. They were Titans. Their gender wasnt important, they were just really good at their jobs. Nobody ever said "I wish Keith Jackson was a woman."
You cannot tell me this is an improvement in any way, other than the fact that there are more skirts in the press box. All of us suffer so that this one company can pat themselves on the back and say how modern they are.
Lots of Hollywood actors lost their careers when movies went from silent to talkies. The audience knows when it doesnt like a voice, and it will not sit through a bad one. ESPN has been told over and over this is not working, but they will keep pushing her out there because...diversity? When diversity has become more important than the actual product you produce then we have entered a very unfortunate era for everyone.
I suppose I am probably the minority but I want competence above all and couldnt care less about the gender or race of the person, so long as they perform competently. If you are incompetent who cares about your race or gender, you are a loser regardless.

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
She is just not good at her job, it happens

I could barely sit through the Oilers and Kraken highlights from the other day

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Leah is not good at play by play as she isn’t able to verbalize in real time, it’s a special skill many can’t do it well.
She is however a very good panelist and holds her own in a group discussion she definitely knows hockey.

Reactions: johan f

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Leah is not good at play by play as she isn’t able to verbalize in real time, it’s a special skill many can’t do it well.

I just saw her for the first time the other night, this is spot on. I wouldn't say overall she was terrible but her big problem is whenever there was a big play(goal or save, hit, etc) she was usually a second behind calling it and sounded like she was using a canned phrase she been practicing overnight

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Hextall’s goal calls…

HairyMeaslyCricket-max-1mb.gif

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I don't think she's good, but we don't have 25 pages of people shit-talking any other announcer, and there are definitely worse announcers. She isn't good. But the female thing plays a part.. let's not be naive.

When I watch the Pens, I watch the away feeds.... lots of trash out there. Lots.
Yes there is lots of trash announcers and not many posts about them but the reason for this is that people are coming here saying that she gets unwarranted hate because she is female . But it’s not that … it’s because she is terrible at her job . Period . And was gifted a dream job , with zero experience as a PbP person , and sucks very badly at the job .

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I don't think she's good, but we don't have 25 pages of people shit-talking any other announcer, and there are definitely worse announcers. She isn't good. But the female thing plays a part.. let's not be naive.

When I watch the Pens, I watch the away feeds.... lots of trash out there. Lots.

Bulls***...so we're ignoring the recurring Jack Edwards flame fest threads?

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
She's not good but half the people in here wouldn't care at all if she was just a bad male announcer.

That is not true. Even if adding a male voice to the commentating, the exact phrasing and words, it would be same disaster. It is raher you who are a suspect of being one eyed.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
That is not true. Even if adding a male voice to the commentating, the exact phrasing and words, it would be same disaster. It is raher you who are a suspect of being one eyed.
There are a number of shitty male announcers/color guys in the league and apart from the ones who say controversial stuff (Edwards for example) you barely hear a peep from anyone about them.

One bad female announcer and there's a 27 page thread. I mean come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad