A new contender for worst broadcaster of all time (Leah Hextall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
She’s done as play by play right?

I saw her interviewing guys behind the bench and in the tunnel during a game the other day

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yet Rick Jeanerett could sound like someone was farting in the mic for the last few years of his career without anyone complaining.

Are you kidding? I always hated hearing him, especially the may day may day may day call. Lots of people didn't like listening to him.

People acting like there is only hate toward her, when other pbp or colour guys get complained about all the time. She is bad and it isn't just her voice.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
"Stolarz with a little fist pump............................................and there you have it............."

The fact that people will still defend her after that blows my mind. I'll bet she gets nominated for some type of broadcaster of the year award.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Ken Daniels' goal call sounds like someon dumped boiling water down his back.
Hextall's phrases are a bit odd. She gets repetitive sometimes.
And, she has a tendency to really blow names sometimes.

But, i think she does a nice job matching the pace/excitement of the game.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
Once you realize its literally only HF nerds and eternally grumpy twitter warriors that complain about her, you'll realize shes not bad at all and its all in your head.

The most powerful Jedi would not be able to pull off a mind trick that Leah’s annoyingly cringey commentary commentary is “all in your head”. Sure, it is possible to watch a game without literally collapsing and having a migraine, and you if you are accomplished in meditation you can get through a game with her just fine. However, I am pretty sure ESPN even knows she is bad. When someone who was clearly hired because of their family connections to the league, gets shifted out of commentating so quickly, people know it is not working out.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Last weekend she was at ice level for the Penguins-Blues and they allowed her to talk on the broadcast. Seizing this opportunity she made two points; she said 1) the reason the Blues were going 11-7 in that game was the waiver pickup of Kapanen (LOL ????) and 2) that Toropchenko's ice time had increased 15% after he went from 11 to 14 minutes. That is false on its own terms, but when a minute or so later ESPN put up a graphic showing his ice time went from 10:38 to 14:21 it made it even more embarrassing.

She is a turnip with hair.

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
I saw a game with her for the first time on Saturday. I don't know why she's in broadcasting. She talks very strangely.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Damn they got her doing the playoffs now..She keeps talking during the play..So annoying...Makes me to not want to watch the game.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
chris-paul-laugh.gif

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
She is much much better in her current role.

She was horribad when she did PBP
Nice summary. Agree 100%.

Not everyone is suitable for certain aspects of Broadcasting. Good to see she’s in a situation where her talents/knowledge is better utilized & her shortcomings are limited.

Reactions: Lt Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad