Value of: A Kapanen type of winger to Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Trenin with Malkin may work. The risk is he is a RFA after this year and Pens can move him. If he works out, Pens have a young semi banger at LW which they need. Anderson has cost and the fit is his size and grit. but I do agree he is not a 5.5 million dollar winger with that production. Habs will need to retain or take a far lower offer. Pens healthy are:
Smith Sid Rakell
Trenin Geno Rust
DOC Lars Acciari
Nieto White Nylander
Carter

Graves Letang
Petts Karlsson
Shea Rutta
Ludwig Ruhwedel
Pens have 2 million in cap space after these moves. Move POJ for a pick, Guentzel with 1 million retained for Trenin and hiigh pick and or prospect. Vinny back to WB. Trade for Rutta with the prospect or pick.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
The Penguins have generally had good results out of their bottom-6 this year, but something that's really lacking from that group is a goal scorer for the 3rd line. When I was trying to think of what that 3rd liner needs, the description I came up with is literally just Kasperi Kapanen: a speedy goal scorer who can survive in a defensive leaning 2-way role. Now the Penguins can't afford to bring back Kapanen, nor would I imagine he want to come back, but the general player type is something the Penguins really need.

What kind of wingers like that could be available? I think someone like Kubalik fits the idea really well but I am unsure if the Senators would be looking to trade him.
The player(s) the penguins needs on line 3 are sam Bennett and Jared McCann... they had one ...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Trenin with Malkin may work. The risk is he is a RFA after this year and Pens can move him. If he works out, Pens have a young semi banger at LW which they need. Anderson has cost and the fit is his size and grit. but I do agree he is not a 5.5 million dollar winger with that production. Habs will need to retain or take a far lower offer. Pens healthy are:
Smith Sid Rakell
Trenin Geno Rust
DOC Lars Acciari
Nieto White Nylander
Carter

Graves Letang
Petts Karlsson
Shea Rutta
Ludwig Ruhwedel
Pens have 2 million in cap space after these moves. Move POJ for a pick, Guentzel with 1 million retained for Trenin and hiigh pick and or prospect. Vinny back to WB. Trade for Rutta with the prospect or pick.
I'd like Trenin but where is big Z?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Could we interest you in a Foegele for a midround pick?

He's basically what you're discribing, and has been decent this year. But the Oil need cap space more than a middle 6 winger who's not a part of their specialty teams.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I suppose the Pens could use a Kapanen-type winger. They could also use a Jared McCann type winger, perhaps a Daniel Sprong type; hell, they could even use a Tanner Pearson type. These names seem familiar for some reason....
Letting McCann walk was perhaps the worst move hextall did.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Kubalik for Joseph.

Left-handed Dmen on Ottawa:
Sanderson
Chychrun
Chabot
Brannstrom
Kleven

Kubalik hasn't been great, but he's better than whoever would be called up to replace him, so there's really no incentive for Ottawa to move Kubalik for what amounts to basically nothing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Could we interest you in a Foegele for a midround pick?

He's basically what you're discribing, and has been decent this year. But the Oil need cap space more than a middle 6 winger who's not a part of their specialty teams.

Foegele isn't bad but the Penguins also have a money issue that would prevent that from working.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Dube or Garland fits that role well.
I thought Dube would be a good target. Just not sure how value lines up. He's a not "pay a 1st" or "overpay to get" kind of player. I was wondering about POJ+ after Calgary trades out Tanev, Zadorov, etc. I think that would be in line with what we are looking for.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Perhaps Alex Formenton? Clear to see his relationship with Ottawa is fractured beyond repair.
What? Yeah... that's why he's not playing???

Oy Vey.

The Penguins have generally had good results out of their bottom-6 this year, but something that's really lacking from that group is a goal scorer for the 3rd line. When I was trying to think of what that 3rd liner needs, the description I came up with is literally just Kasperi Kapanen: a speedy goal scorer who can survive in a defensive leaning 2-way role. Now the Penguins can't afford to bring back Kapanen, nor would I imagine he want to come back, but the general player type is something the Penguins really need.

What kind of wingers like that could be available? I think someone like Kubalik fits the idea really well but I am unsure if the Senators would be looking to trade him.
without much cap space to work with... you're not going to be able to fit many of the best options onto your roster.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
20 games in and I do think Dubas has a where are we as to roster and playoffs. I think he will make a move but not the move that I think will really open up the cap and allow for two or three additions. Rakell has to come back healthy and back to last year's form. That is still a couple weeks away. Maybe grind out the next 2 weeks here and then see where things are.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Eric Robinson is free for the taking.

I know he never had Kapanen's pedigree but he scores just as many goals as Kapanen, is just as blazing fast, and not as dumb.

I imagine the Jackets would retain for a pick and be happy to trim down their roster.
Not really, Kapanen is clearly much better than Robinson offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad