GDT: A GDT In August, WTF 2020! - Game 3 Pens v Habs Aug 5th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Wins Game 3 & How?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I do not understand people who thought Sheary was bad that period.

The Power Play is like London Buses - wait forever for one, then two come all at once.

Feel a little more comfortable about things but another goal would help a lot.
You need to get some glasses. Little shit kills almost every possession Sid and Jake work hard for. It gets old watching it. That line could flat out dominate if it wasn’t for him. He’s too weak to be effective out there against the other teams top pairing

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Lol what game are you people watching

This just confirms my thought that this board picks whipping boys and they'll never change their mind regardless of what that player does.

Sheary runs hot and cold.. he makes good plays, then high profile bad plays... its easy to focus on the latter, but literally if he isn’t scoring goals he is worthless in the spot he is in ... he definitely isn’t a defensive stalwart or physical presence...

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
This whole Sheary discussion sounds very similar to the whole Simon debate, where "Simon can't finish" is replaced with "Sheary falls over".

Sheary generates a boatload of chances and he'd be a 60 point player if he consistently finished them.

He does generate a lot of chances... but he do miss A LOT of them too.

Just like me playing soccer :laugh:

Reactions: Ogrezilla and KIRK

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I've seen the refs all embellishment for a lot less. Sheary's stick swung around and hit the Hab player around his waist and the Hab player "tripped over".

The ref made the call based on the score and based on the Pens about to get possession of the puck for another shot on net.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Dat Geno pass

200.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He does generate a lot of chances... but he do miss A LOT of them too.

Just like me playing soccer :laugh:

The mere fact that he generates a ton of chances shows that he's playing well, though.

It's like people who crapped on Sheary for missing that penalty shot. The fact that he drew the penalty shot shows he made a good play.

PhilThrillPill

Jun 4, 2016
Toronto
I've seen the refs all embellishment for a lot less. Sheary's stick swung around and hit the Hab player around his waist and the Hab player "tripped over".

The ref made the call based on the score and based on the Pens about to get possession of the puck for another shot on net.
It can be both a trip and an embellishment. He fell a full second after the stick was no where near him and after taking a full stable stride.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I just hate that the Pens can't get a bit of breathing room on the scoreboard. Why does every game have to come down to the last second before I can actually breath?

Reactions: Andy99

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The mere fact that he generates a ton of chances shows that he's playing well, though.

It's like people who crapped on Sheary for missing that penalty shot. The fact that he drew the penalty shot shows he made a good play.

Oh, I agree. He contributes.

But he is easy to dislike because the misses are obvious. The work he does to generate chances and open space for Sid and Jake is less obvious.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Those 2 penalties Montreal took were weak, as was Sheary's penalty, but I'm not arguing results. Keep being aggressive on net and beating down on our weak sauce third pairing.

You can do it I believe in your team.

Beating us right now is what's best for Montreal's future.

Thank you for the solidarity.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
This whole Sheary discussion sounds very similar to the whole Simon debate, where "Simon can't finish" is replaced with "Sheary falls over".

Sheary generates a boatload of chances and he'd be a 60 point player if he consistently finished them.
I’d be a billionaire if I knew the lottery numbers in advance. Go back and rewatch the period and watch how many possessions he kills. Guy provides nothing any competent NHL player couldn’t provide. Between him, ZAR, and JJ, I don’t know who is worse at giving the puck to the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad