Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Moving forward i think the bolded is correct.

But Zegras was racking up 65 points in the NHL at the same age Datysuk was putting up seasons of 26 and 6 point seasons in the KHL.

Obviously Datsyuk went super nova. He started breaking out at 23.

Zegras was the better player at the younger age. He is yet to start his 23 year old season but 35 points is a very beatable threshold for Zegras.

I would hope he can hit 35 points in a league where 10+ players are breaking 100 points, in a situation where he's not getting 3rd line minutes like Datsyuk was.

Randomly bypassed all that information...

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I would hope he can hit 35 points in a league where 10+ players are breaking 100 points, in a situation where he's not getting 3rd line minutes like Datsyuk was.

And to loop back around, all these arguments your trying to make are to show that 23 year old Zegras is not REMOTELY as good as 23 year old Datsyuk, not just that he was simply better?

Reactions: SirloinUB

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

You're also bypassing Zegras putting up more than twice as much points in the best league in the world than Datsyuk put up in a tier 2 or 3 league.

Ill be shocked if zegras every reaches datysuk's ceiling but Zegras was the better player in their early career.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Your also bypassing Zegras putting up more than twice as much points in the best league in the world than Datsyuk put up in a tier 2 or 3 league.

Ill be shocked if zegras every reaches datysuk's ceiling but Zegras was the better player in their early career.
Comparing scoring between two different leagues is quite the argument.

Anthony Mantha was a two time 50 goal scorer before he was 20!*

*In the QMJHL.

Reactions: DamonDRW

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
And to loop back around, all these arguments your trying to make are to show that 23 year old Zegras is not REMOTELY as good as 23 year old Datsyuk, not just that he was simply better?
And to loop back around, are we still ignoring that Datsyuk on his worst day is still miles ahead defensively than Zegras at his best?

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Comparing scoring between two different leagues is quite the argument.

Anthony Mantha was a two time 50 goal scorer before he was 20!*

*In the QMJHL.

Ahh yes. Comparing two professional leagues is the same as comparing a pro league to a junior league. Give me a break.

It really is ironic that you bring up a player putting up big numbers in a lower level of hockey because datysuk was putting up lesser numbers than zegras in a lesser league.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Ahh yes. Comparing two professional leagues is the same as comparing a pro league to a junior league. Give me a break.

It really is ironic that you bring up a player putting up big numbers in a lower level of hockey because datysuk was putting up lesser numbers than zegras in a lesser league.

You're right, comparing NHL scoring to KHL scoring (Two completely different leagues) is totally rational.

Kotkaniemi was better than Raymond at 18 years old because he scored more in the NHL than Raymond in the SHL. :thumbu:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
And to loop back around, are we still ignoring that Datsyuk on his worst day is still miles ahead defensively than Zegras at his best?
There was a 7 game span in 2001 when Datsyuk was -6 with 0 points and a total of 2 shots.

Very sure that on his WORST day Datsyuk was not MILES better defensively than Zegras at his BEST

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
You're right, comparing NHL scoring to KHL scoring (Two completely different leagues) is totally rational.

Kotkaniemi was better than Raymond at 18 years old because he scored more in the NHL than Raymond in the SHL. :thumbu:

From a points per game angle they put up similar numbers albeit Kotkaniemi did it at a higher level of hockey so I would say it was more impressive.

From a points per game angle Zegras was quite a bit better in a better league than datysuk for the ages of 20-22. Development isn't linear and being the better player at a younger age doesn't mean he will be the better player in the long run.

But I am done with this. TIL putting up lesser points in a lesser league is better than putting up more points in a better league. Fascinating stuff.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
I think it's becoming an overrated number in general, but doesn't look too bad on Danielson. I thought Danielson looked extra mint wearing #89 in Portland since #29 was already occupied

I've seen lefties like Mogilny, Comrie, Buchnevich, Boedker wear #89, even Sam Gagner as a righty but something about a big fast righty center like Danielson wearing it looked perfect. Tuch in Buffalo is a big fast player wearing it and I think it suits him well

I would love if he were to stick with 89.

29 will always be a goalie number in my eyes. Plus, every Wings forward (Jason Williams, Landon Ferraro, Steve Ott, Brendan Perlini) who has worn it has been garbage.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
19 and 91 for Yzerman and Fedorov.

29 and 92 for Danielson and Kasper. I’m just waiting for the photos on ice.

s-l400.png

I remember when this photo came out (I have a copy) and it was such an exciting time for Wings' fans. The cool part about this photo (aside from it being Yzerman and Fedorov) is that WAS 1991!!

I certainly hope we're not waiting until 2992 for Danielson and Kasper to make an impact.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
s-l400.png

I remember when this photo came out (I have a copy) and it was such an exciting time for Wings' fans. The cool part about this photo (aside from it being Yzerman and Fedorov) is that WAS 1991!!

I certainly hope we're not waiting until 2992 for Danielson and Kasper to make an impact.

Really nice picture.

Especially that 19+91 thing at 1991.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad