Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
That isn't going to happen. He will be the #2 center man with Kane and Tarasanko on the Wings. Now, he may start as the 3rd center with Compher in the 2 spot, but I don't like that space for him.

I'll keep saying it, ND is going to make this roster. Jaster brought up a good point in the other thread. Mo will eat up ALL the cap space for 24, if not EXCEED it. From there, it is all on who Yzerman has to move out. I won't get into that salary dump. HOWEVER, hitting the cap ceiling makes a minimum salary prospect more likely to make the team.

Some of this may depend on who the Wings dump. After that is who is NHL ready. That list is few in number. Wallinder, Kasper and Danielson.

Since I was fired from the Brady Cleveland fan club President's role, I am sticking with this one. ND will make the Wings roster.

Campbell and Lagesson inevitably waived alleviates any cap issue Mo being signed over $9M would create...

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
That isn't going to happen. He will be the #2 center man with Kane and Tarasanko on the Wings. Now, he may start as the 3rd center with Compher in the 2 spot, but I don't like that space for him.

I'll keep saying it, ND is going to make this roster. Jaster brought up a good point in the other thread. Mo will eat up ALL the cap space for 24, if not EXCEED it. From there, it is all on who Yzerman has to move out. I won't get into that salary dump. HOWEVER, hitting the cap ceiling makes a minimum salary prospect more likely to make the team.

Some of this may depend on who the Wings dump. After that is who is NHL ready. That list is few in number. Wallinder, Kasper and Danielson.

Since I was fired from the Brady Cleveland fan club President's role, I am sticking with this one. ND will make the Wings roster.
You sure are making a case for a high up role in the Forget-Carter-Mazur-Exists club

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Whoever it is, they're probably about as desperate for Danielson as Yzerman is to trade his two way top center prospect for a one dimensional small winger who may top out at 70-80 points.

Based on his draft history, Yzerman loves those guys.
But I like those small forwards like Datsyuk, Raymond, Point, Marchand

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
How fast the hockey world has turned on Zegras, and you saying this SARCASTICALLY, is all hilarious to me

I remember people were trying to compare the two, but mainly based on hands and creativity.

Which is laughable, because even there Trevor doesn't compare. That's not really a diss either. Pav and Kane are probably the top two of the post-cap era when it comes to stickhandling alone.

Then add that Datsyuk was one of the best defensive forwards of his generation and Zegras well... Isn't. Like even close.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Anyway brain and vi
I remember people were trying to compare the two, but mainly based on hands and creativity.

Which is laughable, because even there Trevor doesn't compare. That's not really a diss either. Pav and Kane are probably the top two of the post-cap era when it comes to stickhandling alone.

Then add that Datsyuk was one of the best defensive forwards of his generation and Zegras well... Isn't. Like even close.
Zegras is only 23, Datsyuk just started playing in NHL. Datsyuk was pretty much started playing for all star team on the third line with Holl. He had great surroundings. Yzerman trying to bring value to team with Tarasenko, Debrincat and Kane. Unfortunately he doesn't helping Seider, but for development our young forwards like Raymond,Danielson Yzerman doing great favor

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Anyway brain and vi

Zegras is only 23, Datsyuk just started playing in NHL. Datsyuk was pretty much started playing for all star team on the third line with Holl. He had great surroundings. Yzerman trying to bring value to team with Tarasenko, Debrincat and Kane. Unfortunately he doesn't helping Seider, but for development our young forwards like Raymond,Danielson Yzerman doing great favor

Zegras at 23 is not remotely as good as Datsyuk was at 23...

Reactions: Murmansk16A

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Can we talk about how much #29 is a crap number for Danielson?
I think it's becoming an overrated number in general, but doesn't look too bad on Danielson. I thought Danielson looked extra mint wearing #89 in Portland since #29 was already occupied

I've seen lefties like Mogilny, Comrie, Buchnevich, Boedker wear #89, even Sam Gagner as a righty but something about a big fast righty center like Danielson wearing it looked perfect. Tuch in Buffalo is a big fast player wearing it and I think it suits him well

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Zegras at 23 is not remotely as good as Datsyuk was at 23...
tim-robinson-i-think-you-should-leave.gif

Reactions: lilidk

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
You may want to double check on that.

Offensively Zegras in 22-23 put up significantly higher numbers than Datsyuk in 01-02, yeah. We'll just ignore that scoring is significantly higher in today's NHL and that Zegras was getting more ice time than anybody both 5 on 5 and on the PP, while Datsyuk was a third liner on Detroit not because he sucked, but because he was playing behind legends.

Not to mention Datsyuk, on his worst day, is better defensively than Zegras has been on his best.

This is not close. Zegras is not Datsyuk and never will be. And that's OK. Very few are.

At age 22, Zegras has 154 points in 211 NHL games.

At age 22, Datsyuk was scoring at about half the pace of noted superstar Dmitri Kvartalnov in the KHL.

At 23, Datsyuk had 35 points in 70 NHL games. Good enough for 9th best on his team while having the 12th best +/-

I'm shocked that Zegras outproduced Datsyuk in a much higher scoring league, playing 5+ minutes more a night on average.

Reactions: Henkka

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

Offensively Zegras in 22-23 put up significantly higher numbers than Datsyuk in 01-02, yeah. We'll just ignore that scoring is significantly higher in today's NHL and that Zegras was getting more ice time than anybody both 5 on 5 and on the PP, while Datsyuk was a third liner on Detroit not because he sucked, but because he was playing behind legends.

Not to mention Datsyuk, on his worst day, is better defensively than Zegras has been on his best.

This is not close. Zegras is not Datsyuk and never will be. And that's OK. Very few are.

I'm shocked that Zegras outproduced Datsyuk in a much higher scoring league, playing 5+ minutes more a night on average.

Moving forward i think the bolded is correct.

But Zegras was racking up 65 points in the NHL at the same age Datysuk was putting up seasons of 26 and 6 point seasons in the KHL.

Obviously Datsyuk went super nova. He started breaking out at 23.

Zegras was the better player at the younger age. He is yet to start his 23 year old season but 35 points is a very beatable threshold for Zegras.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad