Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
Love the measurables, but the fact remains he put up ok numbers and turned 18 in September last year and has questions on his skating.

I’m all for two-way players, but I feel like teaching a guy to play defensive minded hockey is a lot easier than teaching a guy to completely light it up.

He will have to buck the historical comp trend to be anything beyond a safe pick.

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Mount Arrowsmith Brewing
The more I think about this pick, the more I hate it.

Late birthday, still not an overly impressive player in the WHL. There was so, so much talent on the board.

This one will probably feel even worse than Rasmussen and Zadina in a few years.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Danielson 17th on my list (will be picked 9th)
Pellikka 11th on my list (will be picked 17th)

Typical, so typical how drafts will go.

Think we did this right.

Did reach for the right guy and did pick the right faller.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Shit, I hated this guy's boring name also, but now that you've convinced me it's Daniel-san, I'm on board! You're the best, around, nothin's gonna ever keep ya down!
A few have brought it up. I really hope that becomes his nickname. I think we need to send it the WWP a bunch so they can get Bultman asking questions that way and Daniels on board.

• Love
Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Nahh. Give me something like that Pelican guy they just took. Or a "Johnny B. Sakballz". THOSE are elite generational names. Real franchise-changers that can help Plausible Keats have a breakout season.

Some dashing young rogue who professed his admiration for the pride of Newfoundland called out such a name not an hour ago.

Plausible Keats Pelican facts: Season to season, pelicans rarely stay with the same mate. We hope it'll be a little bit different with our Pelikan as he signs his entry-level contract. We look forward to a long relationship with team and that his play doesn't go south for the winter.

Reactions: raymond23

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Love the measurables, but the fact remains he put up ok numbers and turned 18 in September last year and has questions on his skating.

I’m all for two-way players, but I feel like teaching a guy to play defensive minded hockey is a lot easier than teaching a guy to completely light it up.

He will have to buck the historical comp trend to be anything beyond a safe pick.
There are no questions on his skating... It honestly makes me stop reading to put that.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Massive failure imo. He's a late birthday so a year older than most of the players drafted. He's barely a point a game player in a league that hasn't won a Memorial Cup in 10 years. Lucky if he's a 3rd line centre.

It's not about the points.

It's about the points prevented.

Guy could be the next Bergeron.

Bedard already said, who Danielson was the toughest center to play against.

Defensive centers are the KEY FOR WINNING.

Yzerman, Fedorov, Draper, Datsyuk, Zetterberg.

Selke Trophies will give you Stanley Cups.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
It's not about the points.

It's about the points prevented.

Guy could be the next Bergeron.

Bedard already said, who Danielson was the toughest center to play against.

Defensive centers are the KEY FOR WINNING.

Yzerman, Fedorov, Draper, Datsyuk, Zetterberg.

Selke Trophies will give you Stanley Cups.
Right now it's about scoring goals in Detroit. There isn't anyone. And trading for Debrincat isn't going to solve that problem.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Right now it's about scoring goals in Detroit. There isn't anyone. And trading for Debrincat isn't going to solve that problem.
Then who will? Some kid that won’t be on the roster for another couple years?

Zadina was supposed to be a can’t miss scorer. He kinda missed.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He played on one of the worst junior teams and created offense by himself. Was the focal point of the d chalk talk every night. Context is important. People see barely above a PPG and don't take into account how hard that was to actually do. He plays a north south, speed oriented heavy game. He does that with skill, with him and Kasper in back to back years Yzerman finally answered center questions. One should work out to help Larkin and the other should become an elite checking guy that chips in. You also add the right-handed draw we have sorely needed. Again thrilled with this.

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
He played on one of the worst junior teams and created offense by himself. Was the focal point of the d chalk talk every night. Context is important. People see barely above a PPG and don't take into account how hard that was to actually do. He plays a north south, speed oriented heavy game. He does that with skill, with him and Kasper in back to back years Yzerman finally answered center questions. One should work out to help Larkin and the other should become an elite checking guy that chips in. You also add the right-handed draw we have sorely needed. Again thrilled with this.
People really don't realize how big of a hole this fills in the prospect pool. Center is more or less handled... finally. It's a big deal.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Goals are the end result of a lot of other things than ”gifted goalscorer did everything in a vacuum”.
As someone who wants us to grab a gifted goal scorer some way or another, this is true. It's like playmaking and possession don't exist. If you can keep the puck out of your zone and in the other teams you're more likely to score.

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
I havent watched him at all other than the highlights. That's the difference between me and you. I don't pretend to know everything.

You said that 3C is his CEILING. That means that you think that Yzerman and his team of professional scouts either knowingly used a top 10 pick in a loaded draft on a 3/4c, or that you think you are a better evaluator of talent than all of those people.

I would be willing to put up a poll after the draft and bet a username change that the majority of people on this board don't agree that either of those things are true.
I just re watched most of It's Always Sunny.... Never change the name

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
My first choice was Bedard, but he was already drafted. My second choice was someone projected to be as good as Bedard, but none were available. Danielson is a fine choice since the first two scenarios weren't there.

Calm down people. Yzerman knows exactly what he's doing. Yman is a chess player and is 5 plays ahead of everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad