Post-Game Talk: 9/26 PS 7 - Red Wings 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Oh well result is not important, although the record is good. Vaak is smooth, Frederic may have the edge on the 3rd line center, as long as he is with Backes. Bjork would be nice with them, they could use a shooter, maybe Donato.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Stay where? Which veteran is getting put on waivers or traded to make room?

Not sure how it will be done. But he was amazing tonight. He was playing chess out there.

At the end of the day the best should play. Grz did the same thing to Mcquaid last season

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The 13th forward doesn’t play much. At least to start the season. Why not have a kid in PROV instead?

Depends on the kid.

Some of the younger guys could probably use more AHL experience, but there are guys (Cehlarik?) that might benefit more from being the 13th F. I think back to when both Boychuk and McQuaid had enough AHL experience and it got to the point where being the 7th D, practicing with NHL players and working with the NHL coaches was more of a benefit than minutes in the AHL.

Reactions: GloveSave1

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Not sure how it will be done. But he was amazing tonight. He was playing chess out there.

At the end of the day the best should play. Grz did the same thing to Mcquaid last season

We have 7 NHL D that cannot be sent to Providence. Either we waive someone who will almost certainly get claimed or we make a trade. We cannot play UV unless at least one of them is injured. I think he will work on his game in Providence and if he continues to be solid down there will get the nod when the injury bug bites. Of course, Lauzon, Axel, and Zboril will be pushing to do so as well.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Urho looked really good. Really impressed with him thus far.

I hope Cehlarik is able to stay healthy and the Bs have good enough sense to put him on the roster come opening night. I've liked what I've seen of him in previous short stints with the team, and have very much liked what I've seen out of him this preseason. He has the potential to be an excellent NHLer.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
He sure as hell doesn’t look like a 19 year old out there

Honestly I think that's one of the biggest things that stands out to me. Ice water in his veins, strong on his skates, smart, great skater. All at 19. I was already excited about him but he won me over tonight big time. Excited to watch him develop and watch him force Donnys hand to get him in the lineup.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
We have 7 NHL D that cannot be sent to Providence. Either we waive someone who will almost certainly get claimed or we make a trade. We cannot play UV unless at least one of them is injured. I think he will work on his game in Providence and if he continues to be solid down there will get the nod when the injury bug bites. Of course, Lauzon, Axel, and Zboril will be pushing to do so as well.

Work on what? He is already better at certain things than half of the staring Ds. Even a blind man could see it. He just lacks nhl experience and dealing with the grind. Though you can say he already has pro experience under his belt

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Really?

On TV it looks so bright and clear. I was figuring it would look much better in person.

Nice to see someone whose at all the game chime in about the new lights. Ice still seems **** too.
I believe the bright lights would be good for TV and photos.

Ice see just as bad as last season

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad