PGT: 9/25 Europe vs Sweden - Europe stuns Sweden in OT and advances to final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
We hear all the time how Karlsson is bad in defense yet we don't see it with Sweden. Hedman and Stralman got scored on each game but Karlsson is stapled to the bench. Good for Europe and see you dumb coach.

Might be because Karlsson gets second tier match ups internationally, while he gets the top talent in the NHL.

bDtKarlsson

Feb 21, 2014
This tournament started so exciting but turned for the worst. US sucked, Finland sucked, Sweden sucked in 3/4 games, no team has good powerplay and now we get a best of 3 final between a gimmick team and Canada. No disrespect for team Europe, they have been good. But I'm not really interested in watching them play. Only the goalies have been reaching their potential. If 2018 olympics don't have NHL players, I'll be heavily disappointed.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Don't think Karlsson was on for a goal against this game. Hedman with really soft play on at least 2 of the 3 goals against but will never get any criticism. And I like Hedman but was brutal this game.

Karlsson has been on the ice for exactly ONE goal against in 10 international games, and it was in 3 on 3 OT.

But ya lets put him on he bench because he can't be trusted to defend a 1 goal lead against Team Rest of Europe.

Irzi

Jan 2, 2016
What does the NHL rule book say about kicks? To me its clearly looks like a kick. The skate have forward momentum towards the goal and directs the puck into the goal.

Doesnt matter if the skates are moving, you can redirect the puck with the skates even while moving.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
One thing we have all learned from this tourny.

Josi really is that damn good, and has been carrying weber for these past few years.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Seeing Team Europe take out Canada would be hilarious. Go Draisaitl & Sekera!!

Dris

Feb 22, 2014
Helsinki
Heja Sverige :handclap: You beat Finland and a good russian team..but this is Hockey

...congrats Europe, rooting for you...if you win to Canada against every single odd...this is Hollywood material

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
There has been so much talk about these gimmick teams before and after the tournament, some fans have been downright rabid in their hatred of them, calling them a joke all the time being the ultimate disrespect.

Yet the N.A team was exciting as hell and with a little luck could be in the final and supposed powerhouses such as Sweden couldn't even beat Team Europe.

Crow eating time.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Advancing on a goal that was clearly kicked in...

Wow.

I thought it was kicked in too at first, but now I think it was a good goal. It did go off the skate, but it was not kicked in, look at the motion of the skates, Tatar was not kicking the puck, he was just changing his motion from a forward skate to a back skate, it was more of a lucky deflection than a kicking motion.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
This tourney is just a circus.

Also can we please call this team by its rightful name, team Slovakia? :D All three goals scored by Slovaks, Halak clutch as expected.

And last thing, is Halak now 9 - 0 vs Hank? They mentioned it on TV, but where can I quickly fact check this? I mean Halak played on some pretty average Islanders and team Slovakia teams.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Had a good game against Russia, but sat back and almost cost us.
Sat back and was saved by Lundqvist against the Finns.
Outplayed and saved by Lundqvist against NAT.

Sweden was a disappointment all tourney. Really disliked the coaching. It was static, stifling and didn't utilize the one strength this team had. Didn't deserve the final.

What a profoundly terrible coach. Unbelievably bad. Wasting many assets and stifling anything resembling aggressive play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad