PGT: 9/21 North America vs Sweden - North America wins 4-3 in OT but Sweden advances

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

erikk3

Apr 21, 2015
Squamish, BC
lets see now lol you are seriously counting exhibition games lol lol and lets get some facts straight, Johnny does no work in his own end and lets his teammates do all the work. Connor is always deep in his zone with responsibilities. Nobody is more dangerous on the ice than Mcdavid and he creates so much by backing up defenders and creating chances like the first goal today. I am not here to bash Johnny, he is a good player and a nifty player but he is not in Connor's league and he would never be called a generational talent. Only Calgary flame fans think that lol lol

you're the reason no one feels bad for the oilers after 10 years of disgraceful hockey

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
lets see now lol you are seriously counting exhibition games lol lol and lets get some facts straight, Johnny does no work in his own end and lets his teammates do all the work. Connor is always deep in his zone with responsibilities. Nobody is more dangerous on the ice than Mcdavid and he creates so much by backing up defenders and creating chances like the first goal today. I am not here to bash Johnny, he is a good player and a nifty player but he is not in Connor's league and he would never be called a generational talent. Only Calgary flame fans think that lol lol

To a DEGREE both sides are right on Johnny Hockey vs McDavid debate.

But the part about you talking about two way play from McDavid and bashing JH is a bit hypocritical to say the least. That's freakin Hall,Ebs and Oil the last half decade plus:laugh::laugh: And Johnny puts those two to SHAME.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
you're the reason no one feels bad for the oilers after 10 years of disgraceful hockey

I am the most critical of the Oilers in the last many years lol The Oilers have been horrible because of bad management. Just because i defend Mcdavid doesn't mean i don't find fault in him or any Oiler. No player is perfect and everyone has their flaws. I am just saying that Connor Mcdavid is the most dangerous and exciting player i have seen in years and i think most people would agree with that. I am also saying that top hockey minds and experts would pick Mcdavid on their team over Johnny in a second. So I don't see why this has anything to do with the Oilers horrible last many years lol i am their biggest critic and was embarrassed we got the #1 pick to select Connor. We didn't deserve it.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
To a DEGREE both sides are right on Johnny Hockey vs McDavid debate.

But the part about you talking about two way play from McDavid and bashing JH is a bit hypocritical to say the least. That's freakin Hall,Ebs and Oil the last half decade plus:laugh::laugh: And Johnny puts those two to SHAME.

lol nobody mentioned hall or eberle being great in their own end lol lol i just said Johnny is horrible in his own end and lets his teammates do all the work and he waits for the puck.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Nothing's a guarantee that Connor is a generational talent and you can't be sure Johnny Hockey isn't either. Who's the last player that's a generational talent anyway? Probably Ovechkin and I'll put Crosby there as well.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
lol nobody mentioned hall or eberle being great in their own end lol lol i just said Johnny is horrible in his own end and lets his teammates do all the work and he waits for the puck.

Overblown. He's not a defensive stalwart, but he's not terrible. Needs to get a little more active in his end, yes. But he's also a small finesse player and I think he actively avoids board battles to a degree as a result. He still does a good job of cutting off passing lanes and covering the point most of the time.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
A longer part with Karlsson, but this one was kind of fun.

Erik Karlsson:
- The first 2 minutes was about the most embarrassing and weirdest I have experienced. I mean they did everything. Breakaways, 2 goals and a penalty. It was like a strike to the face. They came out and played from start and we didn't.

Journalist: - But you must have known this beforehand, how did the team talk about how to start the game?

- I don't know if you have been in any sport at any-time, but sometimes it does not matter what you say or do. It just happens.

In Swedish, source: http://www.dn.se/sport/erik-karlsson-kandes-som-ett-slag-i-ansiktet/

Sorey*

Aug 26, 2016
Sweden did not play serious in 3-3 ot since they already won the group. They let the gimmick kids win it.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
One of the best games I have seen in recent time. With the perfect result - Sweden gets a point and wins the group while NA still has the chance (and I hope they make it, Go Finland!) to advance to the semis.

And the goal by MacKinnon was superb!

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Finland has scored one goal in this tournament. If i know my lions right, they will play like their life depend on it against the russians.
They have a lot to prove.

Anyway would like to see russians advance to the semis since they are one of my favourite teams. But im also loving team NA for their pure skill and passion.
So Finland for the win.

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
I hope Finland can do it, I need NA vs Canada

Russia - Canada will be awesome, as well, but I agree: Canada - NA is set up to be a classic. All that skill and speed and the young guns trying to prove themselves. Make it happen Finland!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Anyone who watched that overtime could tell that Sweden was not taking it seriously.

It felt like every Swedish player was skating in quicksand. They were all slow while NA were really skating fast.

They knew they were advancing. So it really didn't matter to them whether they won or not after regulation ended.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
You must have been looking for him up ice when Soderberg cross-checked him into Gibson while he was backchecking :shakehead

It must be tough on McDavid fans seeing Gaudreau get 5g-4a in 6 games while McDavid plays 8th fiddle with 3 lousy assists and realizing what I have been saying since before he was drafted, he isn't and never has been anywhere near Crosby's level. but go ahead and keep throwing that "generational" term around until embarrassment sinks in.:naughty:

Your first 15 posts makes it seem you joined just to troll.

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
Just relized that if NA would have won this game in regulation, they would have won the group just before Sweden. Same points but NA wins head-head and Russia can only get one winin regulation and both Sweden and NA have two. Now Russia will have to lose for NA to move on.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Of course they cared but the other team played with more fire, would have been weird if that wasn't the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad