GDT: #80: Maple Leafs at Flyers, Thursday, April 7, 2016, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Hexy over paid for voracek and raffl and if coots doesn't get moving with a purpose soon he'll be an expensive checker. Hexy should stick to drafting because he keeps a lot of flakes around that are slow and soft and low skilled.lol

Overpaid for Coots and Raffl. Hatcher stop it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Scoring at a 51 point pace = checker.

That's some genius level analysis. :sarcasm:

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Voracek definitely needs to step up to his salary. Couturier is doing more than his fair share.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Voracek definitely needs to step up to his salary. Couturier is doing more than his fair share.

But when Couturier came back from his first injury this season he was getting trashed for only producing 1 point in 11 games. By comparison Voracek has 5 in 10 since returning. It's tough to be patient, but I feel like guys with their track records deserve it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
But when Couturier came back from his first injury this season he was getting trashed for only producing 1 point in 11 games. By comparison Voracek has 5 in 10 since returning. It's tough to be patient, but I feel like guys with their track records deserve it.

Coots will always have value in the defensive zone though.

Watching Jake at ES and on PP1 has been excruciating.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
I would put Raffl back with G and Voracek and hope to get that first line productive again.
Put Simmer and Schenn with Coots. We've seen both these lines work in the past.

I'd also bring back Laughts and have him play alongside Cousins and Read. Gagner needs to sit at this point.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I would put Raffl back with G and Voracek and hope to get that first line productive again.
Put Simmer and Schenn with Coots. We've seen both these lines work in the past.

I'd also bring back Laughts and have him play alongside Cousins and Read. Gagner needs to sit at this point.

Gagner has added nothing as of late, to be honest. I still want Laughton to be in front of the goalie on the 2nd PP over White though. Or maybe give him the wall in Voracek's spot there since he does have a good shot. Basically, I just don't want White on the PP.

--------Goalie--------
--------Laughton-----
Couts---Raffl--Cousins
--------Streit---------

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

It's also possible Jake isn't fully healed.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I think sometimes people forget. I mean, there are people who don't think of injuries as a valid excuse.

I don't think anyone doubts his leg injury isn't still a part of it, but his problems are much more. Decision making and his hands are awful, of course some has to do with no foot speed messing him up, but his problems sadly are many and the bads currently outweigh the good sadly.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
was #93 injured coming into the season also? he looks as sluggish now as he did then
&
that TML roster...whew, only a handful of names I've ever even seen on that lineup, wow

Mad Brills*

If you guys can't beat this lineup............
Forwards

46 Lindberg – 42 Bozak – 15 Parenteau
38 Greening – 39 Nylander – 37 Kapanen
23 Laich – 54 Gauthier – 40 Grabner
53 Carrick – 56 Froese – 28 Boyes

Defence

52 Marincin – 44 Rielly
51 Gardiner – 20 Corrado
48 Campbell – 29 Brennan

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If you guys can't beat this lineup............
Forwards

46 Lindberg – 42 Bozak – 15 Parenteau
38 Greening – 39 Nylander – 37 Kapanen
23 Laich – 54 Gauthier – 40 Grabner
53 Carrick – 56 Froese – 28 Boyes

Defence

52 Marincin – 44 Rielly
51 Gardiner – 20 Corrado
48 Campbell – 29 Brennan

I will say this, it's probably a faster team than ours.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
According to Hockey Central, the Flyers wrap up their season against Pittsburgh on Saturday. And people wonder why Rogers Sportsnet in Canada suck as a hockey rights owner......

Mmmm, guessing the Flyers vs Isles game won't be on TV here then, if they set the broadcast schedule without updating it.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Coots will always have value in the defensive zone though.

Watching Jake at ES and on PP1 has been excruciating.
I like coots but he's not a natural 2nd line center. Vwas toast with 20 games left last year and basically sucks this year. Terrible deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad