GDT: #8 RallyTeemu? Ducks @ Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I actually don't think Holzer has been that bad. I think he has been mostly invisible which in his case is a good thing. Don't want him in the top 4 though but oh well, we can't get worse.

I agree. Holzer has been a pleasant surprise in that he hasn't been lousy. I don't think he's been responsible for anything bad actually.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It blows me away that we're playing Game 8 tonight, and you had to type out "softie" that many times.

I actually think Andersen has been one of the better players so far, but holy **** those soft goals have got to stop. We effectively have to score at least two to win a game, because we know Andersen is going to give up at least one bad one. We're spotting the opposing team a goal that we can't afford.

It's pretty ludicrous to have to say this. Not scoring two goals a game is historically bad. Buffalo did it last season, and you have to go back to the 97-98 Lightning to find another team that hasn't managed it over a full season. :facepalm:

The flip side is that Andersen has to throw a shutout and then win the shootout every game, because the team CAN'T score two. He's a top 5-6 goalie in the league statistically. 1.86 GAA. Score as many goals as the average lottery winner has the last 18 years and he's 4-1.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It's pretty ludicrous to have to say this. Not scoring two goals a game is historically bad. Buffalo did it last season, and you have to go back to the 97-98 Lightning to find another team that hasn't managed it over a full season. :facepalm:

The flip side is that Andersen has to throw a shutout and then win the shootout every game, because the team CAN'T score two. He's a top 5-6 goalie in the league statistically. 1.86 GAA. Score as many goals as the average lottery winner has the last 18 years and he's 4-1.

Yeah, that's the other side of this. On one hand it's bad that we're spotting the opposing team a goal that we can't afford to, and on the other hand it's just absurd that scoring two goals feels like some titanic obstacle.

I really don't think Andersen has been bad. The soft goals is a real problem, and that obviously has to change(for Andersen's sake as much as Anaheim's), but he's playing well outside of that. Yeah, the soft goals brings the overall level of play down, but he's making a lot of good saves. This whole thing is just all kinds of stupid. I never thought I'd say that a goalie who is giving up so many bad goals has been one of our better players, but that does seem to be the case here.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
So, am I to understand the softies only happen when Cam is on the ice? Yikes... He was under 20 minutes last game and was a -3... What gives? Does anyone know the answer?

I do but I'm not saying. I've applied for the job for when Bruce gets canned. When Eddie gets behind the bench you will see a difference. :D

DaDucks*

I do but I'm not saying. I've applied for the job for when Bruce gets canned. When Eddie gets behind the bench you will see a difference. :D

Seems like nature has rejected him... Who better to take on Mother Nature than you, Shack... Well done sir.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Can I send you my resume for an assistant position?

Done. My first move is to can the Walrus. The gig is yours.

I'm firing Hazy and bringing in the Stach...then swapping Johnny for Steve Carroll. Oh wait, did I just replace Michael Schulman? Sorry, that will be next year after we win the cup this year. Soj, do a good job with the PP this year and I'll move you in to head coach next year. :nod:

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA

Haha, I like that my flowery cynicism and beverage preferences make a recognizable voice on the Duck-related internet space. ;)

But Norge is not an entirely boozed up place, even though their craft scene is brewing up tastiness of late.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
this game will tell me everything i need to know about this team...i think unless the ducks win back to back nights BB is gone (which i dont think should happen)...with that said, hawks 5-0....bye bye BB...bye bye 2015-2016 ducks season

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
So, am I to understand the softies only happen when Cam is on the ice? Yikes... He was under 20 minutes last game and was a -3... What gives? Does anyone know the answer?

Despres being out, he's been strapped to Manson/Holzer for a while now. There was also a Fowler - Vatz pairing at one point.

Some of it is just plain bad luck, like Freddy doing his Hiller impressions.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=784885&navid=DL|ANA|home

“As a group, we look at it as a new season tonight,†said Ryan Kesler. “It’s no secret we got off to a horrendous start, probably the worst start in the history for this organization. We turn the page today. Our goal is to win this game and score lots of goals. If we have to win a game 1-0, we’ll win it 1-0.

At least they, or at least Kes, realizes how horrendous they have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad