Value of: 8 million dollars in dead cap space to NJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The country started in the Northeast.

The Northeast calls it soda.

/discussion

In all seriousness, if the Devils are actually buyers for the first time in five years come the deadline, I'm all for Shero shaking things up if the situation calls for it. But this team, as they are built, should be given a legitimate chance.

I asked for a large soda at Disney world in Orlando and they didn't know what that was either so even if you specifically say soda you still get confused looks

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Anything the Devs are going to want will be there up and coming stud d men which Ana won't give up (and I understand that). I mean maybe Larsson but prob not, Montour is a farther ask and Theo is not going to happen (easy Ana fans). We come back to Fowler and we all know how that s*$t show ends up here. Not sure how Noesen has bounced back from his couple on injuries that might be something

With Cal option, I don't know those guys so cannot talk to that, we have some d men at AHL that might never make it so there is that. We have no RWs. G's we are keeping, our Cs are the only think of value IMO. How about Seth Hegelson?

In Winnipeg, Stuarts contract is not awful. Dano (poor *******, cant stick anywhere), Armia and the other guy I like is Petan.

The thing is, is Shero stocking up for a big run at a Shattenkirk or similar?

Interesting thoughts Goose

That's true - maybe he's keeping that cap space in reserve for a reason? Which is why I'm wondering if he'd be interested in bringing over a contract that goes beyond this year. I still think Stuart from WPG could make a lot of sense though, especially if the Trouba negotiations continue to drag on.

Ducks definitely have some interest in dumping Stoner on NJ. However, I don't think they'll get a free young NHLer like Noesen. Noesen has always been hurt, but our weak winger depth right now could make him an NHLer to start the season. We do have a wealth of dmen in the minors, so one of the non-spectacular guys like Kenton Helgesen (D/LW) or maybe Andrew O'Brien could head the other way with Stoner for a 7th. He is a somewhat serviceable dman when he's on his game, so we aren't incredibly incentivized to give up a valued young prospect for him.

Honestly, I think the Ducks are better off moving Fowler for a good forward in order to clear up their D situation. I don't think Stoner has enough value around the league, and the Ducks don't have excess prospects to throw in a deal to entice the other team.

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
To NJ :

David Desharnais

To MTL :

Futur considerations or a 7th or nothing at all

You fill 3.5m of that 8m dead cap space . get a guy who can produce around 40pts and he's UFA next year

What's not to like ? :nod:

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
To NJ :

David Desharnais

To MTL :

Futur considerations or a 7th or nothing at all

You fill 3.5m of that 8m dead cap space . get a guy who can produce around 40pts and he's UFA next year

What's not to like ? :nod:

I like this. How about a conditional 7th round pick for DD?

NJ gives Montreal their 7th round pick on the condition that the NY Islanders win the Stanely cup, cause we both know that **** aint happening.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
The Leafs can give you one slightly used Jared Cowen. A few marks on him but they will buff right out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad