Post-Game Talk: #78 | Flyers at Blue Jackets | April 6, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP | Loss

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Well this team doesn't have a whole bunch of exciting players to trade does it? Someone mentioned Marc Staal. He looked like the worst player in the playoff finals last year. Would hardly get you anything back.

The idea that a rebuild needs to break a team completely into pieces isn't necessarily even good. Ask Buffalo or Ottawa.
Maybe the problem is signing Stall in the first place . Signing Hathaway , treating Cates last year like he is the next selke winner then signing for more than Frost , We still have Delusional for two more stinken years . And worst of all this coaching staff ain't going anywhere as it's the teams fault not theirs it's never their fault .

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Man. I bet behind the scenes Briere and Jones are probably feeling rather uneasy. Having to face down Tortorella with loyal Rocky at his side.

Imagine how pathetic that “firing” will look when Tortorella is promoted to owner of the team. From then on, it’ll just be ritual sacrifices of any young talent this team lucks upon.

“Big burly men” is what this team needs more of, as JJ likes to say.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild #cutterwasright #AlexeiAWOL
May 26, 2012
Fans were promised a rebuild, and instead, predictably, we got more Fletcher “aggressive retool” nonsense. On top of that, endless lectures on the importance of maintaining the Flyer culture by management and media. What is the Flyer culture? Outdated try-hard trash that hasn’t won a cup in 50 years.

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
Everyone is angry. No one could have predicted this. What is this? An epic choke job. The Front Office, Torts, all deserve blame. Why? Because you have neither playoffs nor "culture" now.

The meltdown here has been epic.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Fans were promised a rebuild, and instead, predictably, we got more Fletcher “aggressive retool” nonsense. On top of that, endless lectures on the importance of maintaining the Flyer culture by management and media. What is the Flyer culture? Outdated try-hard trash that hasn’t won a cup in 50 years.

“A New Era of Suck”

stonec

Nov 21, 2011
Everyone is angry. No one could have predicted this. What is this? An epic choke job. The Front Office, Torts, all deserve blame. Why? Because you have neither playoffs nor "culture" now.

The team ran out of gas and didn't have an NHL starter goalie after the Hart debacle. Ersson proved to be a decent number two but also fell off when he was forced to play starter minutes. There was no number three goalie that could catch anything and rushing a guy from Russia to play instantly just demonstrates how desperate the situation was.

The teams now looking to get the final playoff spots all have great goalies. Sometimes things aren't more complicated than that.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What has Briere got to do with this? He said from the start they are willing to be sellers at the trade deadline for the right return. He did hold up to this and made the Walker trade. If he didn't do it he would look a bit stupid now but he did.

The only reason Walker was traded was because they couldn't get his contract where they wanted it. Otherwise he'd still be here with an extension to boot.

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
The team ran out of gas and didn't have an NHL starter goalie after the Hart debacle. Ersson proved to be a decent number two but also fell off when he was forced to play starter minutes. There was no number three goalie that could catch anything and rushing a guy from Russia to play instantly just demonstrates how desperate the situation was.

The teams now looking to get the final playoff spots all have great goalies. Sometimes things aren't more complicated than that.
I mean yeah

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
There isn’t a forward on this team I want back. Blow it up.

Even the guys I like Couts TK Frost Farabee have been pure shit. Like 40 pt fwd shit.

This year was a complete waste of a year
not one person could have called this.... 🤣🤣🤣

this Org. bleeds years off like it aint nothing when you go 5 decades without a cup win.

truely a shit destination for NHL players..can see why top talent dont wanna end up here

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Wait so was the EJ trade officially bad?

Phillies bullpen. No runs allowed.
For the second straight day! Remember, never have I believed their bullpen is bad. I just think they need to add another arm to be ready for a deep run. Doesn't need to be a huge move, just another B level arm

Who is angry? I'm elated

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Yes. Definitely yes.
They really have to stop making deals for D men from Buffalo. (watch them trade for injury prone Samuelsson in the off season).

The negativity is easy. I'm satisfied with what the season gave me. Playoffs were unrealistic at the start of the year and I'm sure pretty much everyone was shocked by the standings at Christmas.

So they couldn't sustain it. Late season meltdown. Torts haters feel energized (but wasn't your original critique that he wouldn't play the kids???) and life goes on. I see positive signs from where they were with Fletcher. If you guys don't, well enjoy your negativity I guess.

To me it's amazing they did as well as they have. Look at New Jersey's fall. Nobody survived the fallout from the rape charges and that's probably as it should be too.
Man the last decade and a half of middling, aimless mediocrity must have been nirvana for you.

Just a guy that loves a team that isn't that talented, refuses to bottom out, but gives him some good games! I mean what is better then that ?!

Well this team doesn't have a whole bunch of exciting players to trade does it? Someone mentioned Marc Staal. He looked like the worst player in the playoff finals last year. Would hardly get you anything back.

The idea that a rebuild needs to break a team completely into pieces isn't necessarily even good. Ask Buffalo or Ottawa.

I would rather ask Pitssbugdh, Chicago, LA, Toronto, Dallas, Colorado, Vancouver or Edmonton.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

I mean plenty if of us aren't angry and find this hilarious.

Also I've thought they were going to implode. The part I didn't predict was how long it took.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I've gotta tell you all. Coming home at 1 AM to have an apple and read this score is a good night. They got blown out by the God-Emperor's ex?! :laugh:
Have you stopped to think that Columbus has the final Torts culture installed and we’re still only in season two of it here?

Makes you wonder.

We need to see Torts with a real team. Time is a flat circle. Hak arguments all over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad