Post-Game Talk: #78 | Flyers at Blue Jackets | April 6, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP | Loss

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stonec

Nov 21, 2011
This collapse is instant karma for these smug assholes in Hilferty, Jones, Briere, and Torts who counted their proverbial chickens before accomplishing anything of note.

Rebuild canceled leading to poor asset management at the deadline and ultimately resulting in the most embarrassing finish to a Flyers season in decades, if not ever.

They were already showing signs of breaking down, but we may never know the damage Torts did to the room by elevating Couts to captain and stabbing him in the back barely a month later.

What was honestly a fun season devolved into frustration and embarrassment under leadership that has absolutely no idea what they are doing... yet are protected by a cowardly media who won't challenge them.

What a great organization we have here...
What has Briere got to do with this? He said from the start they are willing to be sellers at the trade deadline for the right return. He did hold up to this and made the Walker trade. If he didn't do it he would look a bit stupid now but he did.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
What has Briere got to do with this? He said from the start they are willing to be sellers at the trade deadline for the right return. He did hold up to this and made the Walker trade. If he didn't do it he would look a bit stupid now but he did.

Eh, I mean a little bit, but - not trading Laughton, Staal, and trading a 4th for EJ is a real miss by him. Sad

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

A rebuilding joke of a team traded one player this season, in a “rebuild”. The glorious Sean Walker.

This isn’t a rebuild. Don’t fall for the bullshit they were willing to sell.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

Not much of a rebuild to only trade Walker at the TDL. Laughton should have been dealt and possibly another piece.

This organization acts like they can make the playoffs and if they get in they could win like Montreal almost did! This team was a complete pretender from the start of the season as a team that could actually do anything in the playoffs.

I wouldn't have minded to see the playoffs if they actually made rebuilding moves but they really didn't. Walker was a great start but it really ended as a dud of a trade deadline.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
We should be grateful that we have Torts as our HC. Isn’t that what people from other fanbases have been telling us?
Yeah, about that
A while back i went over to the main boards on Tort's for Jack Adams some other fan base posted . I told them they were nuts and said what is happening now is what he would do to this team , They told me I was nuts that he was the only reason they are good . Once again I just laugh at them but I kept the name of the main poster I was arguing with and I sent him a private message a week ago . I'm still waiting for his response

It's funny how people from other sited know more about our team than we do . lol F ing idiots

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
Wait so was the EJ trade officially bad?
Yes. Definitely yes.
They really have to stop making deals for D men from Buffalo. (watch them trade for injury prone Samuelsson in the off season).

The negativity is easy. I'm satisfied with what the season gave me. Playoffs were unrealistic at the start of the year and I'm sure pretty much everyone was shocked by the standings at Christmas.

So they couldn't sustain it. Late season meltdown. Torts haters feel energized (but wasn't your original critique that he wouldn't play the kids???) and life goes on. I see positive signs from where they were with Fletcher. If you guys don't, well enjoy your negativity I guess.

To me it's amazing they did as well as they have. Look at New Jersey's fall. Nobody survived the fallout from the rape charges and that's probably as it should be too.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Friendly reminder that Briere only traded Walker after trying to extend him; trading him was not this team's first choice. How much would this team be even further in the shitter if they accomplished what they were trying to do: trade Sanheim for Krug and extend Walker at the deadline? Imagine how f***ing awful this team would be in this scenario. Now remember that is what this team was actively pursuing.

Process. Over. Results.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
This collapse is instant karma for these smug assholes in Hilferty, Jones, Briere, and Torts who counted their proverbial chickens before accomplishing anything of note.

Rebuild canceled leading to poor asset management at the deadline and ultimately resulting in the most embarrassing finish to a Flyers season in decades, if not ever.

They were already showing signs of breaking down, but we may never know the damage Torts did to the room by elevating Couts to captain and stabbing him in the back barely a month later.

What was honestly a fun season devolved into frustration and embarrassment under leadership that has absolutely no idea what they are doing... yet are protected by a cowardly media who won't challenge them.

What a great organization we have here...

This is exactly right. So absolutely terrible to go down this way. I thought they brought Torts in to stop this kind of stretch.

You guys may not like it but this is what culture looks like:

View attachment 847426
YOU ARE GETTING BLOWN OUT BY THE JACKETS AND BLACKHAWKS!!!!

Friendly reminder that Briere only traded Walker after trying to extend him; trading him was not this team's first choice. How much would this team be even further in the shitter if they accomplished what they were trying to do: trade Sanheim for Krug and extend Walker at the deadline? Imagine how f***ing awful this team would be in this scenario. Now remember that is what this team was actively pursuing.

Process. Over. Results.
This team is so stuck and it’s terrible. I am happy I moved to Atlanta and may have a new team to root for while all this plays out

stonec

Nov 21, 2011
A rebuilding joke of a team traded one player this season, in a “rebuild”. The glorious Sean Walker.

This isn’t a rebuild. Don’t fall for the bullshit they were willing to sell.
Well this team doesn't have a whole bunch of exciting players to trade does it? Someone mentioned Marc Staal. He looked like the worst player in the playoff finals last year. Would hardly get you anything back.

The idea that a rebuild needs to break a team completely into pieces isn't necessarily even good. Ask Buffalo or Ottawa.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
2023: I can’t believe you guys can’t handle this being a rebuild. Tortorella is weeding out who will be part of the culture he’s building. They play HARD.

2024: I can’t believe you guys can’t handle this being a rebuild. Tortorella is weeding out who will be part of the culture he’s building. They play HARD.

2025: I can’t believe you guys can’t handle this being a rebuild. Tortorella is weeding out who will be part of the culture he’s building. They play HARD.

2026: I can’t believe you guys can’t handle this being a rebuild. Tortorella is weeding out who will be part of the culture he’s building. They play HARD.

2027:
They will achieve Perpetual Mediocrity!

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Well this team doesn't have a whole bunch of exciting players to trade does it? Someone mentioned Marc Staal. He looked like the worst player in the playoff finals last year. Would hardly get you anything back.

The idea that a rebuild needs to break a team completely into pieces isn't necessarily even good. Ask Buffalo or Ottawa.

Hahahaha.

Sorry, don't mean to be an ass, but really?

Even if they are too chicken shit to trade Konecny. Laughton, Hathaway, Seeler? That's a 1 yard put at a mini golf course.

Ask Chicago, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Washington how it's not necessarily even good. Toronto, and Edmonton fans weep being tortured watching careers of Matthews + McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad