Prospect Info: 75th overall pick - Vinzenz Rohrer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
An update from the 15th (in french).

Basically Rohrer says he must have been really lucky because he feels perfectly fine, still waiting on doctors etc to get the green light. No memory of the actual hit, rewatched it on video, accidental, says it was bad luck / accidental and doesn't worry about things out of his control (journalist comments implying that he finds Rohrer very level headed).

His mom was visiting from Austria (with WJC also), bad aspect was that she was in the stands when he got injured, she's kinda traumatized (as a parent I can understand...)

I'm intrigued by this player, I think his ceiling is bottom6 but that he could end up being a very tenacious and relentless puck hound.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Habs can sign him to an ELC by next year and it would forego his second season in Switzerland. He would be eligible to come play in Laval.

I like this because we can seen if Rohrer can play with men. A good way to evaluate him.

As I mentioned in the Beck thread, it's something I wouldn't mind for him either.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Habs can sign him to an ELC by next year and it would forego his second season in Switzerland. He would be eligible to come play in Laval.

I like this because we can seen if Rohrer can play with men. A good way to evaluate him.

As I mentioned in the Beck thread, it's something I wouldn't mind for him either.

He has two full seasons of the OHL under his belt at this point, it's a good moment to take his development to a different level. OHL to NL to AHL is a pretty nice progression.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I believe by leaving junior 1 year after we drafted him, his rights would now expire in 2026 and not 2024.

Yes, that's correct, which is frankly is fine. We had too many prospects up for signing next year anyway. It helps that he is now deferred.

Interesting that he decided to go back home after 2 years in Ottawa though.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yes, that's correct, which is frankly is fine. We had too many prospects up for signing next year anyway. It helps that he is now deferred.

Interesting that he decided to go back home after 2 years in Ottawa though.
Last season wasnt easy for him, with the injuries and his team choking in the playoffs and all that. I could see how a fresh start might sound good.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Isn't there a transfer agreement? Good move, will be interesting to see how he produces offensively.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Saw him just two games against Gatineau. Must not have been his best games because he was uber underwhelming. Feisty yes, but there were about 10 guys better than him with Gatineau. I know third rounds can be toss ups, but he showed nothing during those very intense back-to-backs.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Saw him just two games against Gatineau. Must not have been his best games because he was uber underwhelming. Feisty yes, but there were about 10 guys better than him with Gatineau. I know third rounds can be toss ups, but he showed nothing during those very intense back-to-backs.

He was coming off a major injury that slowed him in the back half of the year.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I still believe in him and I think it's a great move to him to play in europe. He will play against men, before playing in AHL. This guy have all tools to become a NHL player, i'm still hoping great things in the future. He have speed, hands, hockey IQ and hard work to succeed.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I don't think this is a good move for him, IMO.
It extends his rights to 2026 instead of 2024, giving him more time to develop and prove himself before the Habs have to decide to give him a contract or free him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad