GDT: #63 vs. San Jose - Only 20 games to go - 7:00 p.m, Sportsnet Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I have a bad feeling for tonight, it's like Bruins started
Malcom against Blues.
On the other side, Tanev's injury makes the contract extension a bit easier.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
10 GA in the last two - enter the Markström. Will be a long night for me but pumped to see him play a meaningful game for the Canucks!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Malcom against Blues.

I think Markie will play fine, but I just have a bad feeling about going up against the Sharks who have the potential on any given night to dominate against anyone.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Malcom against Blues.
On the other side, Tanev's injury makes the contract extension a bit easier.

Quite the opposite in my opinion. Tanev's camp is going to want term, something the Canucks will be hesitant to give after such a severe injury. For all we know, this could be the beginning of the end for Tanev or it could be a minor bump. Negotiations would've been much easier if he had stayed healthy and played at the same level; he would've been rewarded suitably and both sides would be comfortable with term and dollar amount. This has the potential to get really sticky. Tanev's camp was already displeased with having to sign a "show me" deal when Benning/Linden took over, they will be in no mood to do it again.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Tanev's camp was already displeased with having to sign a "show me" deal when Benning/Linden took over, they will be in no mood to do it again.
To be fair to Benning, it never has seemed easy to get Tanev under contract (even under the prior regime).

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
To be fair to Benning, it never has seemed easy to get Tanev under contract (even under the prior regime).

I don't blame Benning at all, I don't think it's unreasonable for a new management group to ask for such a deal. I think I would've been fine giving him 3 years but who knows what else went into the decision.

And yes, Tanev has been a difficult negotiation in the past but it's for the same reasons he will be now, he's often injured. That could've been the driving force for the "show me" contract for all we know.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I am super hyped on markstrom this game. But please people don't go all "bust" territory on him if he has a bad game. It's against the sharks, it's a massive game, playoff type game.

This is not your normal start. I feel he will thrive tho

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Sharks are good in our building and are coming off a shutout win, their confident let's take it to them and take back our barn!

Confident and playing Markstrom. Who knows what Markstrom will do, but both sides should be pumped. The Sharks are desperate, while Markstrom knows this is his chance to prove he's an NHL goalie. Should be good.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I wonder if you can bet which team gets more power plays in a game on bodog or somewhere. If you bet against the Canucks every night you could make some serious dough.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Confident and playing Markstrom. Who knows what Markstrom will do, but both sides should be pumped. The Sharks are desperate, while Markstrom knows this is his chance to prove he's an NHL goalie. Should be good.

I would also add - hopefully - that the Canucks should bring their A game to try and get Markstrom the win.

They'd better remember that 5-1 drubbing San Jose gave them last time. Give them no quarter tonight.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Winning tonight would basically eliminate San Jose from catching us.

With a win, assuming we played .500 hockey the rest of the way (9-9-1), San Jose would need to go 13-3-1 to finish ahead of us.

Markstrom starting scares me to death, though.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Winning tonight would basically eliminate San Jose from catching us.

With a win, assuming we played .500 hockey the rest of the way (9-9-1), San Jose would need to go 13-3-1 to finish ahead of us.

Markstrom starting scares me to death, though.

We also have a pretty soft schedule ahead of us, especially at home.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I don't like this :( Why throw Markstrom in against so much firepower? If he gets shelled it could destroy the confidence that he's built over the year in Utica.

Lack wasn't great last game but I think he's still more prepared to play the Sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad