Waived: [EDM] Josh Brown, Drake Caggiula, Raphael Lavoie, and Olivier Rodrigue waived by the Oilers

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I feel for Lavoie.. he's doing all he can but this isn't a good fit for him. Legit hope he gets picked up and gets his NHL chance elsewhere.

I'm super high on Rodrigue... so seeing him on waivers scares me. I think he has a higher ceiling than Stu and one day we will say 'remember when he was available for free?'

Brown signing is just confounding.

Philp looked great! I think we'll see him soon as our roster is a tad old and will have injuries. Not much more he could have done IMO

Reactions: hn777 and McDoused

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

That 2RD is a glaring hole to me.. .nothing against Embersson but this is our TDL move I hope to bump that up.
I see it is Emberson is the try out and if he kills it (probably not) they don’t try as hard for a 2rhd. But I think that’s the move no matter what. A 3rd and a 3rd line winger to play with Kane and Henrique in the playoffs. That or a top 6 winger to push Skinner down.

Reactions: Czechboy

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Oilers fans have been high on Lavoie this preseason and its not like their cupboard is overflowing with promising depth players.
I expect a number of Oilers fans will have their fingers crossed for tge next 24 hours.

Reactions: LTIR

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Oilers fans have been high on Lavoie this preseason and its not like their cupboard is overflowing with promising depth players.
I expect a number of Oilers fans will have their fingers crossed for tge next 24 hours.
I'd legit be happy if he got claimed and was in NHL this year. He'll never get the shot he needs (on Drai or McD's wing with PP time) here.

Reactions: hn777

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Lavoie could be an interesting pick up for a lower end team like San Jose / Columbus. He looks ready for a limited shot at the NHL

Reactions: hn777

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'll take back my Rodrique concern of being picked up after seeing all the goalies waived today.lol

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
calligula looked pretty good, but just not enough space. Hopefully perry and ryan get replaced by better players oon.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Honestly I don’t think he’d be a big loss if claimed. He just clearly outperformed Perry and the Oilers could have used a bit of youthful energy in the bottom 6.

Honestly I hope some other team gives him a shot. He deserves one. Not sure he ever amounts to much, but he’s been treated pretty shit here imo.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers offer Lindgren + 2026 and 2027 3rds
for
Raph Lavoie + EDM 2026 + 2027 2nds

helps w/stopgap D this yr, tho he is lefty shot
and you will have to juggle some cap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad